There are 209 users in the forums

Darqueze Dennard-CB-Michigan State

This Denard kid is the #1 CB in the country imo plays bigger that his height exactly what the 49ers like and is in already a good defense the Spartans defense ranks #1 in the nation

If we are in this war room talking about the draft then please explain why this guy barley has two pages? He is my #1 draft crush! Go get'em Baalke!
I like him a lot. But we need to get some bigger CB's and Safetys. Like Seattle so we can dominate. That said I'm not against him in the late first. In fact he would help us. I just want 6'3", 6'4" guys in the secondary who can push people around and dominate.
Cant we just find a tall guy in the 5th round and pump him full of PEDs....boom we have a shutdown corner?
[ Edited by GolferMike on Jan 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by GolferMike:
Cant we just find a tall guy in the 5th round and pump him full of PEDs....boom we have a shutdown corner?

The guys with Adderall + Roids + Cocaine and a huge overblown brash arrogant attitude are the best ones. We need to find one of those about 6'3 or 6'4". Plus dreadlocks is a plus.
love this kid. trade up for him or Justin Gilbert, and i'll be happy.
I'd rather trade up for him than take a WR. If we sign Crabtree and Boldin, we should be good at the WR position next season. We will be thin at CB next season and if we can get a really good CB in the draft, Im all for it.
Thanks - that's impressive.

What types of injuries did he have that make teams cautious?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I like him a lot. But we need to get some bigger CB's and Safetys. Like Seattle so we can dominate. That said I'm not against him in the late first. In fact he would help us. I just want 6'3", 6'4" guys in the secondary who can push people around and dominate.

Food for thought: Grimes, Revis, joe Hayden,Verner, Jonathan Joseph, Flowers are all 6ft and under and were top 10 corners this season. CBs over 6ft in the top 10: Sherman, Peterson, Talib(played Safety) soo height doesn't translate directly into being able to push WRs around.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here is a long, detailed, interesting, and complete discussion of Darqueze Dennard.

http://spartannation.com/2013/12/20/the-amazing-in-depth-nfl-analysis-of-spartan-cb-darqueze-dennard-a-must-read-courtesy-of-the-nfl-draft-report/

Originally posted by martysofresh:

Food for thought: Grimes, Revis, joe Hayden,Verner, Jonathan Joseph, Flowers are all 6ft and under and were top 10 corners this season. CBs over 6ft in the top 10: Sherman, Peterson, Talib(played Safety) soo height doesn't translate directly into being able to push WRs around.

I would rather have a Sherman type than anybody else. Can you not say the same? Look at the last play. He bats that ball because he is tall with super long arms. He can reach it at 6'3" with very long arms. A shorter DB might not reach it. Which makes a difference in the game.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for martysofresh.

I would rather have a Sherman type than anybody else. Can you not say the same? Look at the last play. He bats that ball because he is tall with super long arms. He can reach it at 6'3" with very long arms. A shorter DB might not reach it. Which makes a difference in the game.

True but he's human and has his weaknesses. I forgot which analyst said it, but apparently, he flipped his hips the wrong way on that last play. I'm really excited to see how he does when he's facing an elite receiver that has an elite QB throwing to him. Closest thing we got to seeing tht was Carson Palmer and Fitzgerald, but if you look at their schedule, they played teams that either had an elite QB w/mediocre receivers, an average QB tht couldn't get the ball to his one elite receiver, or teams that had niether.

True but he's human and has his weaknesses. I forgot which analyst said it, but apparently, he flipped his hips the wrong way on that last play. I'm really excited to see how he does when he's facing an elite receiver that has an elite QB throwing to him. Closest thing we got to seeing tht was Carson Palmer and Fitzgerald, but if you look at their schedule, they played teams that either had an elite QB w/mediocre receivers, an average QB tht couldn't get the ball to his one elite receiver, or teams that had niether.
All eyes on Peyton. This is about the closest we will get to seeing that matchup.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
9ers gonna have to trade up for this playmaker.

Carlos Rogers is a goner and it looks like my man-crush for Jarvis Landry will be gone with the wind.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

All eyes on Peyton. This is about the closest we will get to seeing that matchup.

And I hope he lights that defense up. Denver has two elite recievers in Thomas and Welker and Eric Decker would be a #1 on a lot of teams in the league. Julius Thomas, Dressan and Tamme play their roles well and Moreno and Ball have looked good as of late. I feel that if every secondary player had to account for someone, somebody would end up being a weak link. That link is probably Maxwell vs Decker/Welker.
Share 49ersWebzone