There are 343 users in the forums

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A small, weak WR that will get thrown around like a rag doll by the Seahawks secondary. AJ Jenkins #2. No thanks....

What the hell are you talking about? Have you even seen Sammy play? By this ridiculous statement, I'm going to guess a big NO!
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
A small, weak WR that will get thrown around like a rag doll by the Seahawks secondary. AJ Jenkins #2. No thanks....
You obviously have never seen the kid play. One of his first highlights of this season occurred when he lowered his shoulder after a short throw and trucked a Georgia defensive back before outrunning everyone to the endzone.

https

The kid is 6'1 and already 205. Jenkins was 6'0 and 190 at the combine. I have stood next to Sammy multiple times, and he is not a skinny dude by any means. I'm 6'2, and he is looking at me straight on in cleats. He routinely outmuscles people for position on deep throws and jump balls.

6'1" 205 lbs. college listing = 6'0" 190 lbs. combine real Pro measurements without all the lies making their college program sound bigger....
6'1" 205 lbs. college listing = 6'0" 190 lbs. combine real Pro measurements without all the lies making their college program sound bigger....

do you even watch college football?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Yup he's a small, skinny, weak WR. The most successful WR's in the NFL are big and strong. Like Josh Gordon or Megatron. That's who we need. Or in the past our very own T.O. was dominant. Or currently VD is real dominant.

Little guys get thrown around like rag dolls by the Seattle secondary. All 6'4" 225 lb. guys full of roid rage and adderal.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM ]

Yup he's a small, skinny, weak WR. The most successful WR's in the NFL are big and strong. Like Josh Gordon or Megatron. That's who we need. Or in the past our very own T.O. was dominant. Or currently VD is real dominant.

Little guys get thrown around like rag dolls by the Seattle secondary. All 6'4" 225 lb. guys full of roid rage and adderal.

lol, you obviously don't watch college football if you call him skinny and weak

To compare him ot AJ Jenkins, you are just making a fool out of yourself.

lol, you obviously don't watch college football if you call him skinny and weak

To compare him ot AJ Jenkins, you are just making a fool out of yourself.

I've seen AJ Jenkins make highlight plays just like that in college. And they are of a very similar size. Probably within 1/2 inch. And probably within 5 pounds. They are the same guy build wise. People forget that Jenkins ran in the 4.3's. They are the same guy speed wise too. He won't hold up against the Seattle secondary.

We need a Josh Gordon.

They didn't push Ty Hilton (5'9 180 lbs) around - they couldn't even get a finger on him Ty was so fast and burned them all day long when the Colts played Seattle.

And Sammy is not a little or "weak" receiver. Not by any stretch. Watch the man play first before jumping to conclusions. You clearly haven't.
I've seen AJ Jenkins make highlight plays just like that in college. And they are of a very similar size. Probably within 1/2 inch. And probably within 5 pounds. They are the same guy build wise. People forget that Jenkins ran in the 4.3's. They are the same guy speed wise too. He won't hold up against the Seattle secondary.

We need a Josh Gordon.

ummm...

Most recieving yards by a WR against the Seahawks this year was by

Cecil Shorts (6'0 202lbs) and TY Hilton (5'9 180lbs)

Am I the only one that watches Alshon Jeffery and wants to cry that we took Jenkins over him? He's having a great year and seems to almost be as good as Brandon Marshall. I like Watkins but there are a few other guys who seem to be later 1st round talent that are good as well.
Josh Gordon or Calvin Johnson are the way to go. That's how a personnel department drafts a WR. We need a Josh Gordon or Megatron.

I love those first two photos where hes stiff arming and looking down field, but absolutely NO!
Great WRs are always found in later rounds, We will go draft happy for WR in the later rounds before we spend the two 1sts it will cost to jump
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Due to the awful WR class this year, would not be surprised if he went top 10. I would certainly be willing to trade up a lot to get him though.

Manningham, KW, and Boldin all have expiring contracts and I'm not sure any of them will be back, especially Boldin at the high price for his age. So we could use another WR. I'd love to see a WR corps of: Crabtree-Watkins-Patton-Baldwin

We might be able to bring Manningham back at a discount, so that could help and would be a nice set of five WRs.

Hmm...I thought this was going to be a good WR crop depending on under class men jumping. Last year there seemed to be questions about every guy. I see mocks with five WRs in the first round. Would like to hear why you think differently. If you have already posted this can you give me a link? Thanks.

lol fail. you've never seen him play. he reminds me of steve smith, not AJ Jenkins.

We need a Josh Gordon.

you know it's close to draft time when SanDiego makes ignorant statements like this.

remember that AJ Jenkins was a REACH in the 1st and was projected as an early 3rd rounder. Watkins is projected to be a top-10 pick. don't act like small wideouts aren't effective. TY Hilton played well against Seattle. Randall Cobb is a weapon for GB. Victor Cruz is the same size. Steve Smith dominated the league in his size. Watch some games before you continue to make yourself look stupid.
[ Edited by LaMichaelJeff on Dec 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

We need a Josh Gordon.

you know it's close to draft time when SanDiego makes ignorant statements like this.

remember that AJ Jenkins was a REACH in the 1st and was project as an early 3rd rounder. Watkins is projected to be a top-10 pick. don't act like small wideouts are effective. TY Hilton played well against Seattle. Randall Cobb is a weapon for GB. Victor Cruz is the same size. Steve Smith dominated the league in his size. Watch some games before you continue to make yourself look stupid.

San Diego is just a troll. Not worth the time to debate.
Share 49ersWebzone