There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

New video, god I dream of him in a niner uniform bad:

Originally posted by kronik:
New video, god I dream of him in a niner uniform bad:


Beast

How sweet would it be to see Sammy Watkins in red & gold. Please Baalke, make it happen.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by kronik:
New video, god I dream of him in a niner uniform bad:


Beast

How sweet would it be to see Sammy Watkins in red & gold. Please Baalke, make it happen.

Agree. Make it happen Baalke!!
He looks like a good fit for the Niner's offense.
We have the ammo to go get him. He looks really quick. I like the speed. Two thirds and a 1st to move him. We got Eric Reid with a third.

Is he that much better than Marquise Lee? Seems like the top receivers are thin.

49ers need a sure thing at WR!
Does he run good routes?
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
Does he run good routes?

I have read that he needs to get better in his route running and at times uses his athleticism to get separation. Comparisons between him and Lee say Lee is the better route runner. Watkins is still a decent route runner and a beast. I would be pleased with either.
reminds me of a faster Larry Fitzgerald
Originally posted by tohara3:
I still want Sammy Watkins in the draft! Come on Baalke make the move up like you did last year! Go 49ers!

I'm not so much worried about Baalke's ability to grab Watkins, I'm more concerned about Roman's ability to utilize him if we did get him. I think Roman's head would explode.
Kid is a beast
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
If the Niners can trade up with picks only, then fine.

But eight of the top ten drafting teams need an OT. The FO might be able to make a bidding war for Anthony Davis. Boone would excel at RT as evidenced by his LT play against Robert Quinn. With a more nimble RG (Looney, Kilgore or rookie), the offense could add screens and similar subtleties to their repertoire. With Gore winding down, Kaep's ability with his arm and legs, and perhaps Roman moving on, power running may become less of a staple (or a crutch).
we have a good working o-line with Anthony and not in spite of him.
o-line>>>>>>>>>WR
We do need speed for deep routes. He or Lee meets the criterion.
A small, weak WR that will get thrown around like a rag doll by the Seahawks secondary. AJ Jenkins #2. No thanks....
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,151
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
If the Niners can trade up with picks only, then fine.

But eight of the top ten drafting teams need an OT. The FO might be able to make a bidding war for Anthony Davis. Boone would excel at RT as evidenced by his LT play against Robert Quinn. With a more nimble RG (Looney, Kilgore or rookie), the offense could add screens and similar subtleties to their repertoire. With Gore winding down, Kaep's ability with his arm and legs, and perhaps Roman moving on, power running may become less of a staple (or a crutch).
we have a good working o-line with Anthony and not in spite of him.
o-line>>>>>>>>>WR

Our we could just swap Boone and Davis at their respective positions...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A small, weak WR that will get thrown around like a rag doll by the Seahawks secondary. AJ Jenkins #2. No thanks....
You obviously have never seen the kid play. One of his first highlights of this season occurred when he lowered his shoulder after a short throw and trucked a Georgia defensive back before outrunning everyone to the endzone.

https

The kid is 6'1 and already 205. Jenkins was 6'0 and 190 at the combine. I have stood next to Sammy multiple times, and he is not a skinny dude by any means. I'm 6'2, and he is looking at me straight on in cleats. He routinely outmuscles people for position on deep throws and jump balls.