LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Watkins or Lee. The Niners have the ammunition to go get one of the two. Watching Niners games week after week makes it so obvious that getting a true impact WR is by FAR their biggest need. Well.. some offensive lineman that can pass block too would be nice.

Meh, even if they drafted him they'd only use him to block downfield. I'm extremely cynical that this current coaching staff could maximize the talent of a guy like Watkins.

Let's just hope that next year's new offensive coordinator will use Watkins and Co. the way they should.
Originally posted by olapac:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Watkins or Lee. The Niners have the ammunition to go get one of the two. Watching Niners games week after week makes it so obvious that getting a true impact WR is by FAR their biggest need. Well.. some offensive lineman that can pass block too would be nice.

Meh, even if they drafted him they'd only use him to block downfield. I'm extremely cynical that this current coaching staff could maximize the talent of a guy like Watkins.

Let's just hope that next year's new offensive coordinator will use Watkins and Co. the way they should.

Agree. Too much talent being wasted on offense. Sick if watching other teams will the same or much less talent make plays all over the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281906/article/film-room-clemsons-sammy-watkins-a-bigtime-playmaker

Good article by Brooks. Watching this dreadful offense, Watkins is beginning to be a must have for next year. We're at pick 25 now that we keep losing, It would probably take our 1st, 2nd, and Tenn's 3rd to get up to pick 10. In the end, we'd probably need to go a few picks higher to land him.
Originally posted by jobiwon:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281906/article/film-room-clemsons-sammy-watkins-a-bigtime-playmaker

Good article by Brooks. Watching this dreadful offense, Watkins is beginning to be a must have for next year. We're at pick 25 now that we keep losing, It would probably take our 1st, 2nd, and Tenn's 3rd to get up to pick 10. In the end, we'd probably need to go a few picks higher to land him.

Great read. With a guy like Watkins our offense would change dynamically as long as the coaching staff would use him & other personnel properly.
I still want Sammy Watkins in the draft! Come on Baalke make the move up like you did last year! Go 49ers!

Stay put and get THIS guy instead. Then package some of the remaining picks to get a bunch of targets in the 2nd/3rd rds.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Stay put and get THIS guy instead. Then package some of the remaining picks to get a bunch of targets in the 2nd/3rd rds.

I think he would fit in nicely also in this offense
Trade Anthony Davis and the #1 pick for Watkins. Move Boone to RT. Looney, Kilgore or rookie to RG.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Trade Anthony Davis and the #1 pick for Watkins. Move Boone to RT. Looney, Kilgore or rookie to RG.

why would you trade Anthony Davis?

how about we keep Boone at RG, where he has excelled well, keep Anthony Davis on the team, since he's a damn good tackle and very young, and trade multiple draft picks to move up.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

why would you trade Anthony Davis?

how about we keep Boone at RG, where he has excelled well, keep Anthony Davis on the team, since he's a damn good tackle and very young, and trade multiple draft picks to move up.

they wouldnt trade a guy they just extended for 5 years anyways.

If the Niners can trade up with picks only, then fine.

But eight of the top ten drafting teams need an OT. The FO might be able to make a bidding war for Anthony Davis. Boone would excel at RT as evidenced by his LT play against Robert Quinn. With a more nimble RG (Looney, Kilgore or rookie), the offense could add screens and similar subtleties to their repertoire. With Gore winding down, Kaep's ability with his arm and legs, and perhaps Roman moving on, power running may become less of a staple (or a crutch).
I'm on the Sammy Watkins bandwagon.
This kid will destroy defense on Sunday my new draft crush

If the Niners can trade up with picks only, then fine.

But eight of the top ten drafting teams need an OT. The FO might be able to make a bidding war for Anthony Davis. Boone would excel at RT as evidenced by his LT play against Robert Quinn. With a more nimble RG (Looney, Kilgore or rookie), the offense could add screens and similar subtleties to their repertoire. With Gore winding down, Kaep's ability with his arm and legs, and perhaps Roman moving on, power running may become less of a staple (or a crutch).

Not gonna happen. That being said, you make a good point. Interesting.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I want this guy, don't want the Rams to snag him
Share 49ersWebzone