LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
lol 95 yard td

Dude is a beast. The season he's having, I'm afraid he'll be far out of our reach tho
Originally posted by okdkid:
Fear?

Who cares? They can have 5 top 10 WRs. It won't matter. They have a mediocre QB, bad O-line and no running game. And their defense is "meh". So, yeah, I hope they load up on WR.

Without the other positions to make it work... drafting high-profile WRs is all flash, no substance. Exhibit A: Tavon Austin. Exhibit B: pre-Harbaugh Michael Crabtree. Exhibit C: Every Lions WR not named CJ. And so on...

I don't expect the Rams to remain in this state for long with Jeff Fisher at the help. Eventually they are going to become a respectable 8-8 to 10-6 team.
Don't see him being around for us unless we trade up in a Julio Jones tyle of trade.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Knowing baalke he'll take a wr we didn't see coming and he'll suck. We can't draft wrs for s**t but I would LOVE Watkins

Dude lay off the bottle.

#t=62
love this kid. i see some Steve Smith in him. he runs angry when he's got the ball in his hands.
only way we'll take him is if he gets hurt before the draft. this guy looks like a straight up beast and I hope were drafting 32nd.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
only way we'll take him is if he gets hurt before the draft. this guy looks like a straight up beast and I hope were drafting 32nd.

if we really target him, we'll have to trade up and we definitely have the ammunition to trade up
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

if we really target him, we'll have to trade up and we definitely have the ammunition to trade up

One of the best moves the Niners ever made was to trade up to get Jerry Rice. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Of course, it can backfire and turn out to be JJ Stokes but I think this kid will be very good. Not sure what it would take but perhaps our 1, one of our 2's, one of our 3's and a 2 next yr??? We would have Watkins, a 2, 2 3's, a 4 this year.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

One of the best moves the Niners ever made was to trade up to get Jerry Rice. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Of course, it can backfire and turn out to be JJ Stokes but I think this kid will be very good. Not sure what it would take but perhaps our 1, one of our 2's, one of our 3's and a 2 next yr??? We would have Watkins, a 2, 2 3's, a 4 this year.

we're going to need to just take the risk. our FO's track record with receivers after Crabtree hasn't been that great.

• hps49
  • Veteran
hope we get this dude
[ Edited by hps49 on Nov 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM ]
I hope he gets a hangnail before the combine and cant run his 40 so he falls lol

LOL f**k no. No way in hell i would make that kind of trade. Regardless of what people think, we are gonna have some holes to fill this offseason. Secondary, more than 1 WR, Likely oline help, possibly a DT, likely a backup QB, etc.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

LOL f**k no. No way in hell i would make that kind of trade. Regardless of what people think, we are gonna have some holes to fill this offseason. Secondary, more than 1 WR, Likely oline help, possibly a DT, likely a backup QB, etc.

And we would have a #1 dominant WR, a 2nd rd pick to get a corner, two #3's to get a safety and OL, a 4th to get a backup QB, and plenty of late rd picks to get fliers. We would have plenty of picks to fill any holes that we may have.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

And we would have a #1 dominant WR, a 2nd rd pick to get a corner, two #3's to get a safety and OL, a 4th to get a backup QB, and plenty of late rd picks to get fliers. We would have plenty of picks to fill any holes that we may have.

No. We would have an unproven rookie WR. Look, i like the kid, but I think he is slightly overrated due to the WR class. And the way you are predicting use of picks is not how it works. If he fell into the late teens, and hes the guy, fine make a move, but no way in hell would i give up what you have us giving up, if that even would be enough to get us to around pick ten.

we will have three WR's under contract at the end of the season, Crabtree, Baldwin, and Patton, its ikely we take two WR's and bring in a couple of UDFA. Who knows what we will end up having at CB, Need a S, need oline, possibly a DT, QB, I would like to see an hback come into play, etc.

Its simply too much to give up.
Share 49ersWebzone