There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Arizona probably goes O-line, so yea, my only concern is with the Rams taking him.

Don't know that the Rams can afford to go WR super early again, they have major needs at safety, on the OL and possibly at QB depending on what they decide to do with Bradford.
Sick TD catch by Watkins. Herbstreit saying he has the best hands in the country.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for NeonNiner.
Did you see that TD catch Watkins made?! He got some hands!
He had a nice touchdown catch, but other than that was really quiet do to his quarterback play last night.
Originally posted by tohara3:
He had a nice touchdown catch, but other than that was really quiet do to his quarterback play last night.

Yeah, Boyd played awfully. Sammy was the only guy who showed up last night on offense.
127 yards in the first half so far on ESPN. Just like last week, he is the only person really playing up to potential on offense.
...aaaannnnd he fumbles first reception of second half.
800 yds receiving and 5 TD's so far, he's done nothing but solidified his position as a Top 10 selection.
did we trade for him yet?
Imagine if the Rams decide to go Lions-mode and select Watkins along with some other Top 10 pick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Best Wr in the draft. We certainly have the ammo to move up and grab him. Depends on the price I guess.

This. It depends how teams feel about his character issues but I see him going anywhere from Pick 5 to 15. If he falls into that latter range, would definitely like to see a trade up. Going from Pick #32( ) to Pick #12 would require the 49ers 1st rounder, KC's 2nd rounder, Tennessee's 3rd rounder and a 4th round pick to boot.

I would do that. The Niners would still have a 2nd and two 3rd rd picks to address their secondary and get an OT for depth. This is the time to make a move and get a true impact WR
Imagine if the Rams decide to go Lions-mode and select Watkins along with some other Top 10 pick.

This is what I fear. Honestly, if I were the Rams, I'd do it. They still have another first round pick. With the way things are looking right now, they can use the higher of the first round picks on Watkins, then use the other first round pick and their second to address O-line. I'm still not sure if Bradford is the guy, but he is sure to get another shot at starter. Even if they do draft a QB, I don't think its before the 3rd round. The only way they don't go QB is if Bridgewater is available where they draft (not likely).
long TD on first drive.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This is what I fear. Honestly, if I were the Rams, I'd do it. They still have another first round pick. With the way things are looking right now, they can use the higher of the first round picks on Watkins, then use the other first round pick and their second to address O-line. I'm still not sure if Bradford is the guy, but he is sure to get another shot at starter. Even if they do draft a QB, I don't think its before the 3rd round. The only way they don't go QB is if Bridgewater is available where they draft (not likely).

Fear?

Who cares? They can have 5 top 10 WRs. It won't matter. They have a mediocre QB, bad O-line and no running game. And their defense is "meh". So, yeah, I hope they load up on WR.

Without the other positions to make it work... drafting high-profile WRs is all flash, no substance. Exhibit A: Tavon Austin. Exhibit B: pre-Harbaugh Michael Crabtree. Exhibit C: Every Lions WR not named CJ. And so on...
lol 96 yard td
[ Edited by TheBlueHell on Nov 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM ]