There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
soooooooooooooooooooo, back to Watkins...

Get him Baalke! Stand up & jump on the table until you get him!
soooooooooooooooooooo, back to Watkins...

Don't see it happening. I think the Rams could very well take Watkins at #2 if they can't find a trade down partner. Only amplifies the 49ers need for CB help.
still holding any shred of hope that we get watkins.
Any chance the 49ers trade into the 2-hole?
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

Would be very nice if they would
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

That's usually a real tight fit. Haha
I don't see St. Louis trading with us in any scenario that would result in us getting a player we like. Makes no sense with them being in our division. Jacksonville, Cleveland and Oakland are another story. They are all in play.
1 Clowney 2 O.T. 3 Mack 4 Manziel...5 Raiders trade to the 49ers BOOM
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
I don't see St. Louis trading with us in any scenario that would result in us getting a player we like. Makes no sense with them being in our division. Jacksonville, Cleveland and Oakland are another story. They are all in play.

I would tend to agree with your logic.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Justin Blackmon is expected to miss the 2014 season, if the Rams don't pick him, the Jags have to take him
Originally posted by jimrat:
Justin Blackmon is expected to miss the 2014 season, if the Rams don't pick him, the Jags have to take him

They could choose to wait on WR, since this is being touted as the deepest WR draft in memory. They could literally improve any part of their team, so WR might not be their biggest need. A defense-oriented HC like Bradley might bang the table for a pass rusher, too.

They could choose to wait on WR, since this is being touted as the deepest WR draft in memory. They could literally improve any part of their team, so WR might not be their biggest need. A defense-oriented HC like Bradley might bang the table for a pass rusher, too.

Jags would take a QB before WR.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

True
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
I know the consensus (from me and most here) is that Watkins is the top rated WR. Do you think any GM's in the league have Evans ahead of Watkins? Just asking because I heard Polian say that Matthews was the best WR in this class. Other scouting people have said that the gap between Watkins and Evans is very slim. I don't agree but what are your thoughts on the GM's boards?

Well, let's make the comparison line by line to find out who is better...

Rushing: How many rushing yards do they each have? How many rushing TD's do they each have? How many times have they each broken a long run for a touchdown? How many times have they each broken a tackle?

Kickoff returns: How many return yards do they each have? How many return TD's do they each have?

Screens: How many times have they been used on screens? How many yards do they each have on screen plays? How many touchdowns do each of them have on screen plays?

Passing: How many passing yards do they each have? How many touchdown passes?

Receiving: How many receiving yards do they each have? How many touchdown catches? How many receptions? How often do they break tackles after the catch?

I know it's very close, but after you compare these things, you will see that one of them has a slight edge.
Watkins by far...

We can't take Evans anyway because he has tattoos all over him. His (perceived) image combined with Kaps (perceived) image, can you imagine the backlash from the holy rollers that will claim how their "thug" appearance effects the way they perform together.....????

It will be a media frenzy.... We have to move to a no tattoo policy because it effects the ability to perform....

Yes that's sarcasm.