There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sammy Watkins-WR-Clemson

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
No doubt whatsoever that he'd be an impact on day one.

Really nervous that the Rams will pick him at #2.

Would absolutely flip if we trade up & draft this guy next Thursday! He would help take Kaepernick & the offense to the next level for sure! Go 49ers!
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Hopefully Baalke's smarter than Atlanta was when they traded so many picks to get Julio Jones. JJ's a great player, but you pay a very heavy price to move up that far. Baalke's smarter than that...

Difference is we have a surplus of picks and a surplus of talent at other positions. Atlanta never had that going for them. We can't sign all the draft picks anyway, need to consolidate into higher picks.

Two more things to add.

1) Atlanta had the best record in the NFC with a healthy Jones the year before last.
2) Sammy Watkins is twice the prospect Jones was. Jones was just another height / speed guy. Watkins is so much more than that.
[ Edited by BrianGO on May 1, 2014 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would absolutely flip if we trade up & draft this guy next Thursday! He would help take Kaepernick & the offense to the next level for sure! Go 49ers!

It all depends on compensation. We will still probably need 2 CBs, an edge rusher (thanks for sh!tting the bed, Aldon), a developmental S, and an interior OL to develop to replace Iupati/Boone when we can't keep one or both.

I'd also still like to have meaningful picks next year...

That said, I'd be pumped if we got him. He is such an impressive player. Speed, acceleration, agility, balance, proprioception, power, coordination, focus, determination, timing, and explosion are all top shelf. If he was two inches taller, he'd be perfect. He still might be. Crazy good ball player who seems like the most surefire hit as a WR since Megatron.

Just can't give a whole draft for one guy, though. IF he makes it to #5, we could call and see just how desperate the Raiders are for picks. After that, I don't know if anyone is stupid enough to give us a deal we could live with inside of the top ten, and he won't drop to ten.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
It all depends on compensation. We will still probably need 2 CBs, an edge rusher (thanks for sh!tting the bed, Aldon), a developmental S, and an interior OL to develop to replace Iupati/Boone when we can't keep one or both.

I'd also still like to have meaningful picks next year...

That said, I'd be pumped if we got him. He is such an impressive player. Speed, acceleration, agility, balance, proprioception, power, coordination, focus, determination, timing, and explosion are all top shelf. If he was two inches taller, he'd be perfect. He still might be. Crazy good ball player who seems like the most surefire hit as a WR since Megatron.

Just can't give a whole draft for one guy, though. IF he makes it to #5, we could call and see just how desperate the Raiders are for picks. After that, I don't know if anyone is stupid enough to give us a deal we could live with inside of the top ten, and he won't drop to ten.

We need 1 Day 2 CB, we don't need a safety early, we do need interior OL.

Giving our 1, 2, 3, plus 1 next year might be enough to do it. Hell, I'd even throw in a 4. We would get Sammy, and still have 2, 3, 3, and perhaps 4. We can still get a good OL, DB, and WR.

The more I talk about this, the more I want us to do it.

Think about this, Crabs, Boldin, Watkins, Patton next year. We could run the spread, and we would have Watkins as another "X" factor, along with Kap. He could take hand-offs, screens. We could use him like a Percy Harvin type, except he is light years better than Harvin.
Brandin Cooks is a better receiver than Watkins (unless it's a play where they're blocking). I think Cooks will get hall of fame consideration one day.
GTFO with that mess. You cray...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Brandin Cooks is a better receiver than Watkins (unless it's a play where they're blocking). I think Cooks will get hall of fame consideration one day.

No. Effin'. Way. Dude.

Cooks gets open and runs pretty well in the open field...

Sammy is a BEAST. He goes up after 50/50 balls like he's got the Super-AIDS and the ball is filled with the cure. He runs through the guys he can't run around. On top of that, he is a speed acceleration freak who can run away from coverage like you stuffed hiss azz full of steak and loosed a starving tiger after him. I like Cooks just fine, but you need to step away from the pipe, buddy.
WTF get outta here with that Cooks $h!t
I love Sammy too, but we're in the age of no-defense-allowed. Teams are adopting hurry-up offense... guys like Cooks are gonna progressively have a bigger advantage as time goes on. And I think he gets open easier than Sammy does. Sammy's had the advantage of much better QB play and a TON better talent around him to take the pressure off (Hopkins & Bryant).

I'm not hating on Sammy; I just think Brandin is that good (wrong spelling of his first name notwithstanding).
Sammy Watkins isnt just a speed receiver. He's much, much more. Dude is going to be special.

dont see "speed receivers" drop their shoulder and finish runs like this very often
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by tohara3:

Kaep just needs to work on that "touch"
Originally posted by wailers15:
Kaep just needs to work on that "touch"