LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mmezzetta:
I know we won't get Gilbert, but trust me, he can become like Patrick Peterson. Best CB draftee in years. Anyway, like pfizz shows, having Verrett and Beckham would be amazing! Finally some speed and explosiveness on both sides of the ball. I have a feeling it will be one or the other.

That could happen yes. But not Beckham + Verrett..
My concern with beckham is bench press and his back injuries in college NOT good imo I like cooks
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
My concern with beckham is bench press and his back injuries in college NOT good imo I like cooks

Quinton Patton had 8 reps and TY Hilton had 7 reps. Also Beckham has 32 3/4 arms and Cooks arm length is 30 3/4. I like Cooks and 16 reps were impressive but Beckhams number was ok.
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM ]
My gut's telling me Baalke will go after at least one of the bigger fast WR's...Matthews, Moncrief, Adams, Bryant. Rationale is Crabtree's future is uncertain & Boldin's only signed for 2 yrs. While I think it's possible TB will grab one of the smaller (but compact) WR's like Herron, it's also possible he'll grab two bigger guys as potential replacements for Crabtree & Boldin.
  • pfizz
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
My gut's telling me Baalke will go after at least one of the bigger fast WR's...Matthews, Moncrief, Adams, Bryant. Rationale is Crabtree's future is uncertain & Boldin's only signed for 2 yrs. While I think it's possible TB will grab one of the smaller (but compact) WR's like Herron, it's also possible he'll grab two bigger guys as potential replacements for Crabtree & Boldin.

if that's the case why not swing for the fences and grab sammy watkins? a guy who you can lineup inside AND outside on either side whether split end or flanker. we have more than enough ammunition.

a man can dream can he not?
[ Edited by pfizz on Mar 26, 2014 at 10:56 AM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:

Quinton Patton had 8 reps and TY Hilton had 7 reps. Also Beckham has 32 3/4 arms and Cooks arm length is 30 3/4. I like Cooks and 16 reps were impressive but Beckhams number was ok.

I understand your point you like beckham and his measurables I just prefer production and durability that cooks has
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

I understand your point you like beckham and his measurables I just prefer production and durability that cooks has

what ? I´m actually a real fan of Cooks as well as Beckham. I just pointed out the arm length cause the longer your arms the tougher it is to do the bench press not cause Baalke likes long arms.

what ? I�m actually a real fan of Cooks as well as Beckham. I just pointed out the arm length cause the longer your arms the tougher it is to do the bench press not cause Baalke likes long arms.

I miss read I apologize I'm just pointing out Beckham back injury as NOT good imo
Not trying to troll here, but I just have concerns with Beckham in the 1st. I also think Moncrief and Bryant are 3rd and 4th rounders respectively.

Beckham, I feel, is a solid 2nd rounder. I don't really see much of a gap between his ability and Paul Richardson's. Actually, I think Landry is the better WR prospect.
Niners having a 1 on 1 with ODB, ohh yeah!!

• pfizz
Originally posted by strickac:
Not trying to troll here, but I just have concerns with Beckham in the 1st. I also think Moncrief and Bryant are 3rd and 4th rounders respectively.

Beckham, I feel, is a solid 2nd rounder. I don't really see much of a gap between his ability and Paul Richardson's. Actually, I think Landry is the better WR prospect.

Paul Richardson is the best vertical threat of all WRs in the entire draft IMO. Dude just FLIES off the line.
[ Edited by pfizz on Apr 9, 2014 at 10:27 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pfizz:
Originally posted by strickac:

Paul Richardson is the best vertical threat of all WRs in the entire draft IMO. Dude just FLIES off the line.

yea but he's got tiny hands.
This draft is so deep on wr and cb that I wont mind who we get in the first round.

Except Kelvin Benjamin, I don't like him.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Niners having a 1 on 1 with ODB, ohh yeah!!

really looked good today during LSU pro-day. so did Zach Mettenberger and Landry. Mike Mayock was drooling. check it out over at NFL Network
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I'll buy what you are selling. I agree. I think we'll get at least *one* big ball control receiver in this draft. But it won't be early. I think we get two WR's that are blazingly fast in the first couple of picks, and then towards the late rounds - 5, 6, 7, we'll be getting a younger Anquan. It also wouldn't surprise me if they use a 7th round pick for a burner with the kind of speed that Dri Archer has but is a relatively unknown guy. Heck, I can see Harbaugh perhaps looking at some Olympic track and field guys and bringing them in as UDFA's.
Share 49ersWebzone