LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

I love this kid believe he would be a great draft pick for us
As I stated in the other thread, I'm worried that Beckham's ceiling is going to be like Ginn. He is a great return man but he isn't overly advanced in any one category on offense. Very concerned that he won't contribute more than a special teams return man.
Originally posted by RumorHasIt:
As I stated in the other thread, I'm worried that Beckham's ceiling is going to be like Ginn. He is a great return man but he isn't overly advanced in any one category on offense. Very concerned that he won't contribute more than a special teams return man.

What are you talking about, advanced? Their OC was a pro coach (Cam Cameron)... Beckham runs the full route tree, and does it as well as anyone. He has proven to be excellent at the 9 routes, deep comebacks, and post routes. He is as pro-ready as any WR in this class.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
What are you talking about, advanced? Their OC was a pro coach (Cam Cameron)... Beckham runs the full route tree, and does it as well as anyone. He has proven to be excellent at the 9 routes, deep comebacks, and post routes. He is as pro-ready as any WR in this class.

True My Draft Crush.
Originally posted by RumorHasIt:

This is the most asinine post in this thread. Beckham is an accomplished receiver, very good route runner, strong hands, good quickness, talented after the catch, he and Landry are especially well developed as college receivers. I don't think Beckham has the speed of a Ted Ginn but he's a far better all around WR.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is the most asinine post in this thread. Beckham is an accomplished receiver, very good route runner, strong hands, good quickness, talented after the catch, he and Landry are especially well developed as college receivers. I don't think Beckham has the speed of a Ted Ginn but he's a far better all around WR.

Exactly Some members on this web zone don't have any knowledge on football whats so ever lol just watch Beckhams Highlights..
  • pfizz
Comparison to Teddy Ginn is off. This guy is 100x more polished as a WR.

As much as I love Landry this guy fills more needs with providing a vertical threat and returner.

With that said I would love either Landry or Beckham(wouldn't mind both ).
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 17, 2014 at 2:41 PM ]
Don't know if his name has been dropped yet but a very similar player to Beckham is Cooks out of OSU
Both have similar plays styles and if Beckham isn't there Cooks is a solid candidate.

Although I prefer Robinson from PSU over both
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
We really don't know anything about Patton at this point since he's barely played. As stubborn as this team is when it comes to playing younger players over vets, we might not know until next season.

Very true...they really haven't seemed open to giving much PT to rooks.

I only say that I would expect Beckham to acclimate faster because he seems to have a more team oriented skillset (blocking, rub routes, decoy routes, etc) right away, as opposed to Patton, whose role in college was to get the ball A LOT. And I'm just making the assumption that that value could get him on the field, I could be wrong.

I think that's more because of his injuries and the coaching staff's failure to get more than 2 receivers involved in the offense on most snaps. Jerry Rice's got in college was to catch the ball A LOT, yet he was a pretty good blocker.

On another note, who would take him in the first? Honestly, I would, but I would attempt to see if we can trade down for a high second and an extra third or fourth + late round pick and draft him along with his teammate (or Jordan Matthews) in the second.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 17, 2014 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Don't know if his name has been dropped yet but a very similar player to Beckham is Cooks out of OSU
Both have similar plays styles and if Beckham isn't there Cooks is a solid candidate.

Although I prefer Robinson from PSU over both

Beckham is a MUCH better blocker. Receivers on our team need to be solid blockers

Thank you Odell Beckham jr. for running a blazing 4.31 40 and ruining our chances of getting u at 30!!! Good for him, but I was hoping he would run around a 4.5 so we could get our WR/DB combo in the same area without a trade.

This could obviously still happen, but I think it just went another way, as for what I wanted to happen...
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Thank you Odell Beckham jr. for running a blazing 4.31 40 and ruining our chances of getting u at 30!!! Good for him, but I was hoping he would run around a 4.5 so we could get our WR/DB combo in the same area without a trade.

This could obviously still happen, but I think it just went another way, as for what I wanted to happen...

Naw, I think he solidified his first round status. I can see Carolina taking him as a replacement for Steve Smith, Green Bay, although they need lots of defensive help, Arizona, etc. He will be in trading range however, but I wouldn't do it.
I don't get the Ted Ginn comparison, I would say a little bit bigger Randall Cobb.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I want him over cooks and I want Donte Moncrief in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by pd24:
I want him over cooks and I want Donte Moncrief in the 2nd round.

This. f**k it, go back to back at wr. Then give me Victor Hampton, Terrance Brooks, best available center. I could live with that. Assuming we bring back Whitner
Share 49ersWebzone