There are 176 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

• buck
  • Veteran
Beckham has played in 9 games. He has 48 receptions for 1009 yards,

He is averaging 21.02 yards per reception and 112.11 yards a game.

He should be drafted no later than the second round, and quite possibly in the first.
Originally posted by buck:
Beckham has played in 9 games. He has 48 receptions for 1009 yards,

He is averaging 21.02 yards per reception and 112.11 yards a game.

He should be drafted no later than the second round, and quite possibly in the first.

I would be down for the 49ers to take him in the first round, he brings the sort of explosiveness that they so dearly need. His stats are pretty comparable to those of Mike Evans who has received far more hype. Go with back to back LSU first rounders.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM ]
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Still trying to figure out where Beckam Jr. will land in the draft. Been reading around, and many seem to think he is a 2nd round pick in the 40-60 range. Even with so many other good WR prospects.. and considering Beckam Jr. is only about 5' 10"... it is still hard to see him falling outside of the first 32 picks.

If we could move up with one of our 2nd rounders to get him I would be happy. He would help the passing game & return game with speed.
Perfect profile of the kind of receiver we need in this offense. And if we have to move up to get him, so be it. This kind of guy would help everyone on offense.
  • cools
  • Veteran
He knows how to get off the line, most small WR's fail at this once in the NFL, fantastic hands, and competitive attitude
CBS sports has him at 47 atm, im sure he will drop a bit, I could see the Niners trading out of the first round, and picking hm up with an early 2nd round pick

then keep the LSU thing going with OT L.Collins, and SS C.Loston
Originally posted by cools:
He knows how to get off the line, most small WR's fail at this once in the NFL, fantastic hands, and competitive attitude
CBS sports has him at 47 atm, im sure he will drop a bit, I could see the Niners trading out of the first round, and picking hm up with an early 2nd round pick

then keep the LSU thing going with OT L.Collins, and SS C.Loston

I think he goes mid2nd. He's not a 1st rd talent but he could sneak in at the end of 1st.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I think he goes mid2nd. He's not a 1st rd talent but he could sneak in at the end of 1st.

I kind of see him as early 2nd, late 1st right now but these things will change 100 times prior to the draft, so who knows.
Beckham Jr is definitely a great stretch the field, slot-type WR. I graduated from TN, so am a big UT fan......we recruited him and Landry both very hard at the same time we were recruiting Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers. He showed out at one of our camps and his recruiting stock took off. I don't see him last much past the first half of the 2nd round, if that long, especially if he closes the year strong and shows out against Bama again tomorrow.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:

I kind of see him as early 2nd, late 1st right now but these things will change 100 times prior to the draft, so who knows.

One thing for sure, I do not know.

But, I do think that if we want him, we will have to trade up in the second round.
Originally posted by buck:
One thing for sure, I do not know.

But, I do think that if we want him, we will have to trade up in the second round.

Or just draft him in the 1st round.

I see so many late 1st to early 2nd round WRs.

Paul Richardson
Odell Beckham Jr.
Donte Moncrief
Allen Robinson
Jordan Matthews

other guys who could sneak into early-mid 2nd

DeVante Parker
Jarvis Landry
Brandon Coleman
Tevin Reese

Of course the 1st round guys seem to be

Sammy Watkins
Marquise Lee
Mike Evans
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or just draft him in the 1st round.

hmm, OK. That might work.
I think he goes anywhere from 20-40. Somewhere in that range.

Personally, i hope we go CB early (Roby would be my guy, and i hope we take Bryant as well later), but i wouldnt be opposed to taking this guy in the late first, simply because he adds what we need in the return game as well.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM ]
  • cools
  • Veteran
J.Matthews not getting much love here, but he's solid, very strong, great hands and route running,
goes agaist the top D's in the country and i think he leading the SEC again in recieving, Im leaning towards Matthews as our first pick in 2014
Just wait till he runs his 40... He makes great breaks in his routes. I think he could go high as 15 pending his combine numbers. The guy can get open in the NFL at the next level right now.
Share 49ersWebzone