LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

Originally posted by pete98146:
Trading up into the 15 range ensures that we grab either Beckham, Dennard or Gilbert. I'd be happy with either of those three.

If they trade up to that range, I'd bet they take a corner because there are so many receivers in this draft that a few real good ones will still be there in the second. I can imagine them watching to see if the Lions take Gilbert at the 10 spot and if they don't, moving up to get him in the mid teens.
Latimer does like look a total stud.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by pete98146:
Trading up into the 15 range ensures that we grab either Beckham, Dennard or Gilbert. I'd be happy with either of those three.

If they trade up to that range, I'd bet they take a corner because there are so many receivers in this draft that a few real good ones will still be there in the second. I can imagine them watching to see if the Lions take Gilbert at the 10 spot and if they don't, moving up to get him in the mid teens.

I agree. I am hoping we might not even need to trade up for the corner in the 1st. Personally, I prefer Roby, but whether the 9ers like him or not I don't know due to his recent off-field issue, but what if he drops to the 30th ? In any case, I am OK with pretty much all 1st round CBs, be it Roby. Gilbert, Dennard or even Verrett whoever is available.The question is how many CBs will be taken before the 30th ? I guess if we think all 4 will be gone before the 30th, then yes the trade-up will be for a corner cos like you said there are plenty of good WRs in the 2nd.
[ Edited by Rascal on May 1, 2014 at 11:35 AM ]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345776/article/report-lsu-wr-odell-beckham-jr-a-49ers-target

I think that these "rumors" are a bad sign for those who want the Niners to draft ODB. The Niners front office is EXCELLENT at the misinformation game, and they probably leaked this information as a smokescreen. There is no advantage to leaking this information ahead of time if we are really targeting ODB. I would guess their true intentions lay elsewhere.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345776/article/report-lsu-wr-odell-beckham-jr-a-49ers-target

I think that these "rumors" are a bad sign for those who want the Niners to draft ODB. The Niners front office is EXCELLENT at the misinformation game, and they probably leaked this information as a smokescreen. There is no advantage to leaking this information ahead of time if we are really targeting ODB. I would guess their true intentions lay elsewhere.

Not necessarily. The person who first reported this, Eric Branch, was also the first person who reported us going after Eric Reid last year days before the draft.

I love Odell Beckham jr. I see a lot of Victor Cruz in his game.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on May 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM ]
I like this kid too, esp after watching the promo video. However, if we don't get him, there are several "consolation" receivers I could be happy with, incl Latimer, Robinson a little later on, and one or two others I've read about whose names escape me at the moment. Just not Benjamin, please. Big, yes, but we don't need another slow receiver with hands problems. Got a feeling he'll be a value bust unless taken in the later rounds.
Odell Beckham is really something

• buck
  • Veteran

He's such a sure thing... Basically another Steve Smith right there for grabs....
This guy looks so good. He'll be such a stud in the NFL

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
I think its all part of a master smoke screen plan to land Johnny Football...

Please tell me you're kidding... if we land that guy, then it better be in the 9th round

No, we can trade Kap for 35 6th round picks, then use those picks to build "depth" then get a POS QB that has bust written all over him.....

Believe it or not, there's a bunch of idiots out here that actually think that way.

Haha, yeah, I know... frikken hilarious
Originally posted by crake49:
Odell Beckham is really something

It's Beckham's great sense of balance and vision while running at full speed that makes him special imo. Just so smooth
[ Edited by kronik on May 1, 2014 at 6:46 PM ]
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

Not necessarily. The person who first reported this, Eric Branch, was also the first person who reported us going after Eric Reid last year days before the draft.

I love Odell Beckham jr. I see a lot of Victor Cruz in his game.

Victor Cruz on steroids

He nearly broken some ankles in the 2nd image.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He nearly broken some ankles in the 2nd image.

Yes indeed! He will have no problem creating separation in the NFL. A very safe but excellent WR choice... and I hope he is a 49er... or Chief.
Share 49ersWebzone