Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

Wrong thread. NVM
[ Edited by TexasNiner on Apr 30, 2014 at 6:47 PM ]
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Smokescreen 49ers dont show their hand

exactly.

which makes me sad, cuz i wanted Beckham.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Smokescreen 49ers dont show their hand

exactly.

which makes me sad, cuz i wanted Beckham.

Maybe the smokescreen is a smokescreen?

Whoaa
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I just don't see the need to trade up to get him. If we want speed and explosiveness, I would take Paul Richardson over Beckham any day.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I just don't see the need to trade up to get him. If we want speed and explosiveness, I would take Paul Richardson over Beckham any day.

Neither of those guys is 6'4". Rascal you're slipping.
I think its all part of a master smoke screen plan to land Johnny Football...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Neither of those guys is 6'4". Rascal you're slipping.

I would have a 6'4" guy in the 2nd WR pick though. You don't think I would slip that much, do you ? LOL.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Please tell me you're kidding... if we land that guy, then it better be in the 9th round
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by CWin4949:

Please tell me you're kidding... if we land that guy, then it better be in the 9th round

No, we can trade Kap for 35 6th round picks, then use those picks to build "depth" then get a POS QB that has bust written all over him.....

Believe it or not, there's a bunch of idiots out here that actually think that way.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I think that I would take Beckham.

Paul Richardson--In his last 25 college games,Richardson he had 122 receptions for 1898 yards
He averaged 15.56 a reception and 75.92 yards a game.

Odell Beckham Jr.--In his last 26 college games, Beckham he had 102 receptions for 1865 yards.
He averaged 18.28 a reception and 71.73 yards a game.

The overall stats are very similar. Beckham has a better average per catch, but Richardson has more catches and more yards.

But, Beckham brings more to the table. Beckham is also a very good return man. He returns both punts and kick offs.

Richardson has not demonstrated that he has any return skills. We need a player with good return skills.

Beckham also played against tougher competition.

I would take Beckham before Richardson.
[ Edited by buck on May 1, 2014 at 7:34 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:

Paul Richardson--In his last 25 college games,Richardson he had 122 receptions for 1898 yards

Odell Beckham Jr.--In his last 26 college games, Beckham he had 102 receptions for 1865 yards.

The overall stats are very similar. Beckham has a better average per catch, but Richardson has more catches and more yards.

But, Beckham brings more to the table. Beckham is also a very good return man. He returns both punts and kick offs.

Richardson has not demonstrated that he has any return skills. We need a player with good return skills.

Beckham is far better than Richardson, its not even close. I still dont get the love for Richardson right after the AJJ fiasco, Ive seen just about everygame hes played (if it was a home game it was in person), give him a free release and he will burn you... but put a big CB in front of him and he will get stonewalled. If its the 3rd or 4th round and we already picked a better receiver earlier than yeah take the risk for a burner.

I have to agree with Barrow's draft crush. Cody Latimer looks like a possible heavy duty #1 receiver and he'll be there in the second round. I know this is on a court and not a gridiron, but take a look at this:

Originally posted by crake49:
I have to agree with Barrow's draft crush. Cody Latimer looks like a possible heavy duty #1 receiver and he'll be there in the second round. I know this is on a court and not a gridiron, but take a look at this:

With Baalkes past this could likely be a smoke screen with Beckham... perhaps in response to the article saying Niners spent 90 minutes with Latimer but then again there have been many articles and many WR meetings. Draft cant get here soon enough!
Trading up into the 15 range ensures that we grab either Beckham, Dennard or Gilbert. I'd be happy with either of those three.

I like a lot about Ricardson, but Beckham can block and return well. The difference is that we could get two very good players for what it might cost to secure Beckham.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I like a lot about Ricardson, but Beckham can block and return well. The difference is that we could get two very good players for what it might cost to secure Beckham.

The difference is it won't cost us a 1st round pick which could be used on a top corner. As for Beckham's return game, well I have that covered cos Dri Archer is in my draft.
Share 49ersWebzone