There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

I'm not aa big fan of his but I wouldn't be mad if we drafted him
Really dont know if this guy is the answer. If we are moving up I would hope its for a corner and maybe get a guy like latimer or moncrief in the second. I dont think ppl realize the turnover in the secondary and is gonna be a big are of concern of next yr.
Smokescreen 49ers dont show their hand
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

exactly.

which makes me sad, cuz i wanted Beckham.
He plays a lot like Victor Cruz, but with a Boldin work ethic (played through games/caught passes with a dislocated finger). Not really crazy about his size (cause I'm tired of the 49ers trying to find the perfect midget receiver), but the kid has special abilities/NFL-ready attitude that's hard to find.

Wouldn't really mind taking this guy, not really crazy about trading up that far, but it just might be what needs to be done.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 30, 2014 at 4:07 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Back on topic, Beckham could very possibly drop to #30, with the crazy talent in this draft, it will depend on needs and preferences of each team when they pick. I think he could be a stud, but there are so many great options in this draft that it gets hard to get too excited about any one player.

For what it's worth, McShay has him going 21st to the Packers.

McShay is one draft prognosticator I truly respect. He's so much better than Kiper it's not even close.

He also has Cooks going ahead of Lee & Beckham, and I think he's right. I actually think Cooks is the best WR in the entire draft.

I can't see the Packers going offense in the 1st personally and know many a folk who'd be pissed if they did. Matter of fact had a guy today give me the old air quotes *"Rumor" is we're taking a receiver in the 1st*..while he rolled his eyes and walked away. Green Bay fans are sick and tired of being a pushover on defense. They feel if the packers could hold teams to a reasonable point total they'd win every game with Arod slinging the rock.
PLEASE NO!! His play looks just like Crabs to me. Look through those highlights - where was the separation?? He was jump balling most of the throws. Granted he wrestled the ball away - but against college DBs.
geez he is smooth
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

exactly.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

exactly.

Maybe the smokescreen is a smokescreen?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Would you rather have Cooks or Beckham???

Cooks easily.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I am not sure the Ravens want to move that far down, but the 14th pick is probably our trade spot. Maybe the Rams wouldn't mind moving down to 30. I think Beckham is gone at 15. I've had him there for some time now, and this appears to be a good fit.

Same here. I have Beckham Jr going to Detroit at #10 in my mock.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I am not sure the Ravens want to move that far down, but the 14th pick is probably our trade spot. Maybe the Rams wouldn't mind moving down to 30. I think Beckham is gone at 15. I've had him there for some time now, and this appears to be a good fit.

Same here. I have Beckham Jr going to Detroit at #10 in my mock.

Detroit needs defense more than offense.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

value is value.. if Detroit needs: DE/CB/S/WR/OL etc. and they stay at #10, they may take a WR just because he presents higher value than those at the other positions.

Believe it or not, it's not always about filling your most urgent need first.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

value is value.. if Detroit needs: DE/CB/S/WR/OL etc. and they stay at #10, they may take a WR just because he presents higher value than those at the other positions.

Believe it or not, it's not always about filling your most urgent need first.

Detroit has the best WR in the game and they just signed Golden Tate.

You can argue BPA. I argue need. It is what it is.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
The only team i fear would pick him & would still be ahead of us if we do end up with the 17th pick would be Pittsburgh. Like us they got up close & personal with him during LSU's pro day. Hope they look in a different direction if we do make the leap to 17th pick

Pittsburgh needs help on defense they are old and slow