There are 147 users in the forums

Odell Beckham Jr-WR-LSU

Originally posted by Jcool:
Justis Mosqueda ‏@JuMosq

Some more rumors from the league: 1) Pittsburgh loves Odell Beckham, Jr. 2) San Francisco really wants to jump them for him
Who is this guy?
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Justis Mosqueda ‏@JuMosq

Some more rumors from the league: 1) Pittsburgh loves Odell Beckham, Jr. 2) San Francisco really wants to jump them for him
Who is this guy?

If we're jumping Pitts, it better be for Gilbert!!!
It's a smokescreen. Balke never shows his hand.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1m Source: Hearing "same buzz" as last year #49ers are very interested in an LSU player: WR Odell Beckham.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1m Last year, source said Eric Reid was a prospect of interest for #49ers. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/03/17/hello-dahl-what-led-the-49ers-to-former-rams-safety/ …
this is our guy
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1m Source: Hearing "same buzz" as last year #49ers are very interested in an LSU player: WR Odell Beckham.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 1m Last year, source said Eric Reid was a prospect of interest for #49ers. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/03/17/hello-dahl-what-led-the-49ers-to-former-rams-safety/ ;…
I thought everyone had us moving up for Tavon Austin last year pre-draft.
eric branch was one of the first to report us going after reid so his sources must be pretty good. odell beckham makes too much sense anyways.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
eric branch was one of the first to report us going after reid so his sources must be pretty good. odell beckham makes too much sense anyways.
I wouldn't be opposed to Beckham Jr. at all. But all I remember hearing was we were moving up for Austin. Tavon even thought we were going to move up for him.
I thought everyone had us moving up for Tavon Austin last year pre-draft.

I don't think the rumors were numerous last year, just speculation. Ppl thought there was a chance Tavon might drop out of the top 10, in that case who knows what would've happen. This year we keep hearing from "different sources" that niners will move up and make a "splash move." IMO likely in the teens. Don't think Baalke wouldn't go all out and enter the top 10….just my opinion
Would you rather have Cooks or Beckham???

I wouldn't be opposed to Beckham Jr. at all. But all I remember hearing was we were moving up for Austin. Tavon even thought we were going to move up for him.

You can throw in Sheldon Richardson and Bruce Irvin into the players we were supposed to be interested in as well.

Though one thing to note is just because we don't land a guy we're rumored to be interested doesn't mean we wouldn't have traded up to grab them.

Tavon went 8th so there was no way we had a chance at him and Richardson and Irvin came off the boards a bit earlier than expected as well.
The only team i fear would pick him & would still be ahead of us if we do end up with the 17th pick would be Pittsburgh. Like us they got up close & personal with him during LSU's pro day. Hope they look in a different direction if we do make the leap to 17th pick

How early is to early for Beckham... Anything below 12?
I am not sure the Ravens want to move that far down, but the 14th pick is probably our trade spot. Maybe the Rams wouldn't mind moving down to 30. I think Beckham is gone at 15. I've had him there for some time now, and this appears to be a good fit.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I agree with almost all of this. I think Jenkins might also be an example of the risk the Niners take when they disguise their interest in a player. Perhaps having some more face to face time with AJ, or a personal workout, could have revealed his personality to be that of a passionless puszy. Who knows? It's clear that he had the physical tools to succeed, but not the toughness or determination.

I agree and will just add that the coaching staff prior to that year may not have had the player evaluation working experience with each other that was needed, when Baalke asked them to be more involved in 2012. The prior year, the current coaching staff was still being formed and also had the strike as a restriction on their contact with players. Bottom line I think folks underestimate how inexperienced they were in working with each other in 2012. I'm not saying they are incompetent, because there is a big difference between incompetency and Inexperience.
Share 49ersWebzone