There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 College Football Week 7 Watch List

Yea, Hackenberg looks like a very good prospect as a freshman. Will be interesting to see him develop. I'm waiting to catch some more of Mike Evans from A&M after PSU/MICH is over. You gotta believe the Niners brass will be looking hard at Evans with the physical corners we see several times a year. My only question is speed.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Ty Montgomery would be nice for a Stanford WR to actually do something in the NFL, whether he declares early or stays for his senior year.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Yea, Hackenberg looks like a very good prospect as a freshman. Will be interesting to see him develop. I'm waiting to catch some more of Mike Evans from A&M after PSU/MICH is over. You gotta believe the Niners brass will be looking hard at Evans with the physical corners we see several times a year. My only question is speed.

Evans has darted up every draft board I can find. He's basically a consensus top 10-15 so I don't he's going to be available.

His physicality allows him to beat the press, but he has to have a smooth release or he's not going to be able to beat the man coverage.

If his route running is poor DB's will just run the route for him, and smother him regardless of size.

With that being said he runs a smooth route and has a clean release. His 40 and drills are going to be the deciding factor on his top 10 status.
This Hargreaves kid from Florida is better than Purifoy. He is only a freshman and may be the best CB in the nation.

Florida sure does produce some pretty good CBs.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
And PSU QB Hackenburgh(not sure spelling) is a good QB.

Im pretty sure he was the #1 QB recruit last year.

I really wanted to see that game so I could scout Robinson. Im switching between Bama/KU and Stanford/Utah.

Stanfords down 13 at the beggining of the 4th.

I've heard alot of buzz about Robinson. Whats type of WR is he?

I love Robinson, good speed, and size. A deep threat. That fumble on reverse was a dumb play call, though they(PSU) are lucky to get the W.
How is Logan Thomas even listed as a prospect? He has terrible footwork and throws off balance on nearly every attempt. His accuracy is far below average and his career passing percentage is 55%. I don't see any team taking a flyer on him as a prospect.
Jake Locker was a 53% completion college QB. Niner Talk favorite BJ Daniels was 57% career completion. I'd take a flier on Thomas in the 5th-6th round as our backup. Harbaugh and Co. can help him improve his footwork and other areas he needs work. A 6'6 kid with a good arm and good scrambling is hard to come by. He's more of an NFL caliber QB than Daniels. Plus if all else fails, put him at TE and see what he can do. He was recruited as a TE anyways.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Jake Locker was a 53% completion college QB. Niner Talk favorite BJ Daniels was 57% career completion. I'd take a flier on Thomas in the 5th-6th round as our backup. Harbaugh and Co. can help him improve his footwork and other areas he needs work. A 6'6 kid with a good arm and good scrambling is hard to come by. He's more of an NFL caliber QB than Daniels. Plus if all else fails, put him at TE and see what he can do. He was recruited as a TE anyways.
The difference between Locker/Daniels and Thomas is speed and agility. Thomas is a glorified fullback playing QB. He has zero lateral quickness and doesn't have good instincts. He is like watching someone trying to stick a square object into a round hole. He had a touchdown filled sophomore season where everyone thought he was going to develop into a prospect. He has gotten worse each season since.

Seriously, watch tape on him. His footwork is as sloppy as I have ever seen. He doesn't use the pocket well at all and he will airmail open receivers multiple times a game.
Logan Thomas sucks. No idea how or why he constantly gets mentioned as a NFL prospect.
The difference between Locker/Daniels and Thomas is speed and agility. Thomas is a glorified fullback playing QB. He has zero lateral quickness and doesn't have good instincts. He is like watching someone trying to stick a square object into a round hole. He had a touchdown filled sophomore season where everyone thought he was going to develop into a prospect. He has gotten worse each season since.

Seriously, watch tape on him. His footwork is as sloppy as I have ever seen. He doesn't use the pocket well at all and he will airmail open receivers multiple times a game.
Not to sound rude, but does "Watch tape on him", mean watch YouTube clips?
No dvr VA Tech games and watch all of his snaps. Not that hard to do.

lol this. "watching tape" is different than "youtube" and "dvr" clips
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

So football snaps on tape are different then snaps on youtube or dvr?

Realky confused.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM ]

So football snaps on tape are different then snaps on youtube or dvr?

Realky confused.

i'm just being a dick, lol. in all honesty, there's a difference between watching the game shown on tv and watching the "film".
i'm just being a dick, lol. in all honesty, there's a difference between watching the game shown on tv and watching the "film".

Film definitely sounds fancier.

Film definitely sounds fancier.

this lol. and it gives coaches a broader view of the playing field. especially when they have the point of view of the QB to see the "vision".