LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

TE Colt Lyerla quits Oregon

Wow dude I thought this guy was a beast! There has to be something fishy about this story.
First round talent. Potato round brain.
will go undrafted
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:

Teams are really going to take a long hard look at him, its one thing when a guy simple has alcohol or drug issues but Lyerla has been all over the place, he seemed like he started falling apart around the time he made those tweets about Sandy Hook having been a government conspiracy and calling the parents of dead children "liars." Drug and alcohol issues can be fixed, crazy is forever. Based on his behavior and the reports coming out of Oregon, he seems to be highly unstable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/oregon-te-colt-lyerla-tweets-support-conspiracy-theories-171233200--ncaaf.html
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:

Seriously.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Impressive video, guy looks like Mark Bavaro with that freakish strength.........guy just carries dudes with him.
  • Liono
I can imagine him being picked high by some team, then a fan looks up his stats on the net and wonders why on earth his team picked a TE so high with only 34 career receptions.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Dude went total douche when freshman t end mundt started making plays.says he is going to focus on nfl.apparently by not playing.cor a potential bcs championship team.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Teams are really going to take a long hard look at him, its one thing when a guy simple has alcohol or drug issues but Lyerla has been all over the place, he seemed like he started falling apart around the time he made those tweets about Sandy Hook having been a government conspiracy and calling the parents of dead children "liars." Drug and alcohol issues can be fixed, crazy is forever. Based on his behavior and the reports coming out of Oregon, he seems to be highly unstable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/oregon-te-colt-lyerla-tweets-support-conspiracy-theories-171233200--ncaaf.html

Well, you're completely wrong on this one. Addiction is forever... once you've become addicted the dopamine cascade never goes away, so you're always psychologically addicted. I know you said "issues" not "addiction", but that's pretty vague. On the other hand there are many mental disorders that can be completely cured. Generally anything that isn't caused by a permanent neurological issue or personality disorders (even that's debatable).

Addiction and most mental disorders can be managed, though. You just have to learn to live your life around them. There are many high functioning people with severe mental disorders. Hell, you aren't even really considered "crazy" if there is no negative impact on your daily life. People live with daily hallucinations or even complete delusions. They're just considered "eccentric". I have a book of case studies somewhere ( it's packed still, I just moved ) that had a guy who thought he was Napoleon.lulz
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Breaking: Multiple sources, including law enforcement, tell me that former #Oregon TE Colt Lyerla was arrested this evening. Details coming

Originally posted by Jcool:

Breaking: Multiple sources, including law enforcement, tell me that former #Oregon TE Colt Lyerla was arrested this evening. Details coming
If true, he can kiss getting drafted goodbye. Already had to many negatives and than getting arrested? Not a good look.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Jcool:

If true, he can kiss getting drafted goodbye. Already had to many negatives and than getting arrested? Not a good look.

Dennard was still got picked in the 7th after punching police officers. Lyerla is obviously a tool (sandy hook conspiracy tweet) but if it is for drugs will get picked by a team that just wants to see what he has.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM ]

What a waste of amazing athletic abilities.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Colt Lyerla's mugshot, courtesy of Lane County Sheriff's Dept. Arrested on charges of Unlawful Possession of Cocaine. pic.twitter.com/6Trat5A3Jk

My full report on Colt Lyerla's arrest. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1823063-former-oregon-football-player-colt-lyerla-arrested

I'm sure this goes without saying, but Lyerla is officially un-draftable at this point.
[ Edited by Jcool on Oct 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
Well, it certainly didn't take him long to completely blow his draftability.
Share 49ersWebzone