There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TE Colt Lyerla quits Oregon

• Liono
Colt is one of those athletic "freaks", 6-4 250 runs a 4.5, and immensely powerful. The Ducks have used him as a power runner and he just runs over people. He was under utilized in the Ducks offense, but is the most athletically gifted TE in the nation. He apparantely has a history of alcohol/substance abuse and was suspended for his actions.

Take a look at this vid of him jumping onto a 62 inch high stack of blocks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0CxGPdxvo

Anyway, now that he's quit, his NFL stock will certainly plummet. He could be a nice pickup for the 49ers. He could be our Delanie Walker.
  • Liono
Take a look at the power he runs with, he reminds me of Tom Rathman with speed.

[ Edited by Liono on Oct 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
His draft stock just took a huge hit.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
His draft stock just took a huge hit.

Big time, was my #3 TE behind Seferian-Jenkins(Washington) and Eric Ebron(UNC).

Did he just quit, as in football, or will he try and transfer? Not sure his status as a Senior or Junior. Can't remember.

Calling it now, Lyerla in the 7th to SF.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Did he just quit, as in football, or will he try and transfer? Not sure his status as a Senior or Junior. Can't remember.

I don't think he'd fall that far, but he just went from a 1st rounder to a 3rd rounder just like that.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24041692/oregons-colt-lyerla-withdraws-from-school

Dropped out of Oregon, wont transfer.

I don't think he'd fall that far, but he just went from a 1st rounder to a 3rd rounder just like that.

Yeah, I agree. Just wanted to be the 1st to say Lyerla to 49ers in whatever round.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
welcome to the 5th round, bonehead.
Yeah, I agree. Just wanted to be the 1st to say Lyerla to 49ers in whatever round.

Of course it also depends on what the circumstances of him leaving were, if the Oregon coaches go out and gas-light him to NFL teams, he could take quite a tumble.
Yea lets waste a 3rd pick on another Glen Coffee !!!! WTF PEOPLE REALLYY !!!!!!

I had high, high hopes for him this year...
chip kelly prolly let him know that the eagles will take him
Originally posted by ads_2006:
chip kelly prolly let him know that the eagles will take him

As if they don't have enough TE's who aren't getting targets.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Of course it also depends on what the circumstances of him leaving were, if the Oregon coaches go out and gas-light him to NFL teams, he could take quite a tumble.

Yeah, Hard to predict anything about his draft stock without knowing the circumstances.

My best guess would be...I have no clue. Too many variables.
Originally posted by buck:
Yeah, Hard to predict anything about his draft stock without knowing the circumstances.

My best guess would be...I have no clue. Too many variables.

Honest post!

Does look like a worrying proposition though.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home