LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Nick Saban VS. The Draft Experts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/04/nick-saban-says-draft-experts-dont-know-what-theyre-talking-about/

COMMENTS?
I guess I'm a hack too. Because I have Jake Matthews, and Taylor Lewan ahead of Koujandjio.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I guess I'm a hack too. Because I have Jake Matthews, and Taylor Lewan ahead of Koujandjio.

LOL, this. Saban basically said that nobody but Alabama coaches can properly evaluate their own players, dude has gone full potato.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

AB, I do not think he was talking about you.

I like your stuff, but I am not sure that in his mind you are a draft "media expert."

He just does not know.
The attached comments on that link are hilarious. Check out thestrategyexpert.
So since Mel Kiper doesn't know the assignment on every play...

And I'm going out on a limb here & saying block the pass rusher on passing plays is usually his assignment...

That means the only person who can have an opinion about a draft prospect is that player's coaches. Ok.

He hates it when Mel Kiper Jr. says this guy is the top prospect? He has no idea? He's been one of the 2 or 3 most accurate predictors of who gets drafted where in the last 15 years. That's probably because he has insider information & connections, but he still gets it right as much as anyone else.

I think Saban hates it when Kiper says anything negative about HIS players. You've won 3 out of the last 4 BCS championships Nick; and you're probably gonna win a 4th. You don't have to go on a campaign to say how good your players are.
Share 49ersWebzone