There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Paul Richardson Jr-WR-Colorado

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by genus49:
Paul Richardson 6'1 170 lbs entering the NFL
Marvin Harrison listed at 6'0 175 after a HOF NFL career

Not predicting a similar career for Richardson but it's stupid to think he can't hold up out there. Can easily put on 5-10 lbs on that frame with NFL training.

To be honest, Im not even sure of that... no, college training is not the NFL but when Macintyre came in he completed redid the weight room and the way they trained at CU and Richardson didnt look like he got any bigger. I hope P-Rich has a successful NFL career... but drafting him before the 4th scares the living crap out of me with Jenkins still fresh in our memories and the quality WRs still expected to be around in the 3rd.

This

Jenkins
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,280
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Paul Richardson sounds like an accountant

Needs to change his name to DePaul Richardson if Im gonna take him seriously

Lol...

Yeah this guy reminds of Desean Jackson with speed and quickness... Extremely productive. May have some trouble with press coverage, but he can definitely stretch the field and I think he'd be a great pick up.

I wonder if he will last long enough for us to use one of our late 3rd round picks on him...
Originally posted by Jd925:
Lol...

Yeah this guy reminds of Desean Jackson with speed and quickness... Extremely productive. May have some trouble with press coverage, but he can definitely stretch the field and I think he'd be a great pick up.

I wonder if he will last long enough for us to use one of our late 3rd round picks on him...

In this draft, who the hell knows? There is so much talent that the 2nd-3rd round projections could flip upside down, and it would be no big deal. I'd be surprised if he dropped into the 90's, but not shocked.
Fast, fast, fast. Rail thin with long arms. I believe he has bypassed the bench press twice now....red flag. Wouldn't be surprised to see him lift it less than 8 times. Also, has some character/maturity issues.

Wouldn't be surprised if the team was taking a long look at Allen Robinson: Bigger, stronger, better overall athlete,
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,280
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Fast, fast, fast. Rail thin with long arms. I believe he has bypassed the bench press twice now....red flag. Wouldn't be surprised to see him lift it less than 8 times. Also, has some character/maturity issues.

Wouldn't be surprised if the team was taking a long look at Allen Robinson: Bigger, stronger, better overall athlete,

Yeah could be. I like Allen Robinson, but he's a different kind of receiver. Big and and has hops. I'm sure they are looking at a few receivers for a 1st/2nd rounder, but I hope they pick a CB first. Robinson won't stretch the field much. There are a lot of people including myself wanting the 49ers to get some speed to stretch the field and although I think Patton can do that, Richardson seems like even a better fit. I don't think Desean can bench that much and also has probably more character issues than Richardson. They are probably looking at late 2nd to late 3rd for Richardson. Anyways I'm glad the 49ers are at least considering him, because it seems many of the guys the 49er's FO look for are different from the ones I look for...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Fast, fast, fast. Rail thin with long arms. I believe he has bypassed the bench press twice now....red flag. Wouldn't be surprised to see him lift it less than 8 times. Also, has some character/maturity issues.

Wouldn't be surprised if the team was taking a long look at Allen Robinson: Bigger, stronger, better overall athlete,

I thought he was a team captain?
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Wouldn't be surprised if the team was taking a long look at Allen Robinson: Bigger, stronger, better overall athlete,

Why? To exacerbate our inability to stretch the field vertically? This team doesn't need anymore slow, possession receivers.


and who cares how much a wide receiver can bench press?


i never understood the obession with bench press numbers. the power clean is above and beyond a better guage of an athlete's overall strength.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 17, 2014 at 2:22 PM ]
Richardson was booted from UCLA for felony theft charges a few years back, Not sure how teams feel about it today. Blown ACL from 2012 may be bigger issue
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
Why? To exacerbate our inability to stretch the field vertically? This team doesn't need anymore slow, possession receivers.


and who cares how much a wide receiver can bench press?


i never understood the obession with bench press numbers. the power clean is above and beyond a better guage of an athlete's overall strength.

I think The team would jump at another younger Boldin clone if they had the chance. Robinson has that same build and is still very young. Only 20 right now
Every game I watched on this kid he drops the easiest pass might explain his small hands, NOT strong and scared to go over the middle also a poor run blocker. Fast yea but durability is an issue