There are 278 users in the forums

Paul Richardson Jr-WR-Colorado

Rchardson, while small on the weight size, is a good WR. I like his game. Top 5 WR for me.

Watkins, Lee, Robinson, Richardson, and Moncrief are my 5 best. Believe in order, cant remember, it's on my draft site. I also like Hoffman, and Matthews a lot. Also Odell Beckham Jr, and Jarvis Landry, thanks to a webzoner who pointed them out. Mike Evans and Mike Davis are good also. Josh Huff, TJ Jones, Jarred Abberderias, Dri Archer, are all good too.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Rchardson, while small on the weight size, is a good WR. I like his game. Top 5 WR for me.

Watkins, Lee, Robinson, Richardson, and Moncrief are my 5 best. Believe in order, cant remember, it's on my draft site. I also like Hoffman, and Matthews a lot. Also Odell Beckham Jr, and Jarvis Landry, thanks to a webzoner who pointed them out. Mike Evans and Mike Davis are good also. Josh Huff, TJ Jones, Jarred Abberderias, Dri Archer, are all good too.

Did you see the game Beckham had last night? Monster touchdown in the 4th quarter to really put them game out of reach for Miss.
Love his explosive speed. Just needs to spend some time in the weight room. Nice height and long arms. Check out the diving 1 handed catch at 3:08 !!

https

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 2, 2014 at 11:13 PM ]
I envision him playing opposite Josh Gordon in Cleveland. That's who he reminds me of. Completely different players, I know, both can come across the middle and take it to the house.
Originally posted by strickac:
I envision him playing opposite Josh Gordon in Cleveland. That's who he reminds me of. Completely different players, I know, both can come across the middle and take it to the house.

I can see the similarities. I rather envision him in a red and gold uniform though.
Originally posted by kronik:
Love his explosive speed. Just needs to spend some time in the weight room. Nice height and long arms. Check out the diving 1 handed catch at 3:08 !!

https

He really does remind me of a taller Desean Jackson.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He really does remind me of a taller Desean Jackson.

disturbed at all if we select him at 32?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
disturbed at all if we select him at 32?

No, although I am interested to see how he prepares for the pre-draft activities. He's vowed to add some more weight AND improve his speed, so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up at, but from where things are right now, I'd expect him to be an early to mid 2nd round pick, similar to where Jackson was picked. If the 49ers took him in the late 1st, I wouldn't be mad, if they traded down and took him in the early 2nd, I'd be pretty damn happy. He'd add the sort of deep threat that this roster is currently lacking at WR.

I like that he's not just fast downfield, but he's a very underrated route runner. A guy that can use a double move and be off to the races with the cornerback having no chance of catching up. If you look at how he played against Oregon and Arizona, he lit both of those teams up and was outstanding in those games.

This in particular was a ridiculous catch. AND the pass interference.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM ]
I think he'll settle early in the 2nd. He's going to be a good player for a team a few years down the road. He was a playmaker in college almost from the moment he stepped on the field. Early on you could tell he was going to be good. The best thing is that he's still pretty raw.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by hofer36:
didnt woods go to hs in california, and lee in florida?
richardson went to ucla and was kicked off the team, so i think there may be some character concerns

Serra High School has produced several outstanding wide receivers over the ... Colorado's Paul Richardson and the USC trio of Robert Woods, Marqise Lee and George Farmrer.

Conner Preston vividly remembers the pages in his pregame notes that contained the screen pass diagrams. When he'd prep with his offense before each game, he wrote reminders in block letters for all to see. Preston, now a redshirt freshman quarterback at SMU, used to be the quarterback for Junipero Serra (Calif.) High. In his two years as a starter, his targets included current USC receivers Robert Woods and Marqise Lee (as well as fellow Trojan George Farmer and Colorado's Paul Richardson)

That high school had a better receiving corps than some NFL teams.

that's Tom Brady's HS, if I'm correct (same as Barry Bonds') in San Mateo.

It's a different Serra High the one that Lee, Richardson, and others went to is in LA.

His clips look good although he can use at least 15 -20 pounds on his frame. I'm not sure he fits the teams dynamic of wide receiver though , we seem to go for guys at least 6 foot and 200 lbs. I do think that his speed would be a great compliment to the players we have though .
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
His clips look good although he can use at least 15 -20 pounds on his frame. I'm not sure he fits the teams dynamic of wide receiver though , we seem to go for guys at least 6 foot and 200 lbs. I do think that his speed would be a great compliment to the players we have though .

The alternative would be a guy like Allen Robinson if they think they won't be able to re-sign either Boldin or Crabtree and then add someone like Robert Herron in the 3rd round to be the deep threat.
Good comparisons. Hope to see how he does at teh combine.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 4, 2014 at 6:21 PM ]

The alternative would be a guy like Allen Robinson if they think they won't be able to re-sign either Boldin or Crabtree and then add someone like Robert Herron in the 3rd round to be the deep threat.

Richardson is built like Chuck Jacobs, who has no production to date but did look.good in the preseason. They were willing to give Chuck a look and they almost called him up at the end of the year, so what do I know ? lol

Richardson is built like Chuck Jacobs, who has no production to date but did look.good in the preseason. They were willing to give Chuck a look and they almost called him up at the end of the year, so what do I know ? lol

I can see the potential for him to do to Seattle what T.Y. Hilton did to them.
Share 49ersWebzone