There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

POLL: Was the 2012 49ers Draft a complete bust?

POLL: Was the 2012 49ers Draft a complete bust?

• Ether
  • Veteran
Only players remaining are Joe Looney (0 games played) and LaMichael James (156 career yards). Epicly bad.
Is this the worst draft in team history? That may be a better question....
Its a Bust of a draft but if somehow Baldwin shows he's got deep receiving difference making skills and LMJ is used the right way, it can be atleast somewhat salvaged with Baldwin,Looney and LMJ but Looney better show something because he's played like terd in the preseason and is never activated during gamedays. I do like Baldwin as a prospect much better then that AJJ dude.
OFFICIAL NOW

too close to call.
Yes of course it was a complete bust.
lol.
shoulda drafted the hobbit RW
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Is this the worst draft in team history? That may be a better question....

Possibly worst in NFL history. But yes, absolutely worst in 49ers history. Especially considering some of the talent we passed up in the first two rounds.
I believe we traded our early 4th (was 3rd but traded down) which ended up becoming the pick we used to trade up for Reid. So without that draft no Reid. So it's not a total bust and we still got Looney. 1/5 is a great ratio to have most gm's are more like 1/2 or 1/3.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Possibly worst in NFL history. But yes, absolutely worst in 49ers history. Especially considering some of the talent we passed up in the first two rounds.

Like who?

People are getting to caught up in this draft, it was a horrible draft for lots of teams.
Looking back there are only 12 pro-bowlers out of 253 picks.

2011 already has 12 from the 1st round

2012 wasn't as bad as people think it was, I'm pretty sure that if it was an option, Baalke would have saved those picks for 2013 rather than draft anyone from that year
[ Edited by Quest4six on Sep 8, 2014 at 4:49 PM ]
No need to ask people. The answer is too obvious.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Like who?

People are getting to caught up in this draft, it was a horrible draft for lots of teams.
Looking back there are only 12 pro-bowlers out of 253 picks.

2011 already has 12 from the 1st round

2012 wasn't as bad as people think it was, I'm pretty sure that if it was an option, Baalke would have saved those picks for 2013 rather than draft anyone from that year

How about taking AJ Jenkins instead of Alshon Jeffery. I agree it was a bad year but the Niners totally bombed
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It was HORRIBLE and we all knew it from the start, I tried to give it a chance but AJ Jenkins did it for me. And now with LaMichael James gone, this draft makes Terry Donahue's 2004 draft look like Bill Walsh's 1981 draft.