There are 204 users in the forums

Davante Adams WR Fresno ST

8 catches 84 yards last night and another Redzone TD as Fresno State remains undefeated
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
8 catches 84 yards last night and another Redzone TD as Fresno State remains undefeated

And that was with him having a bit of a down night.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

A very down night. Kid is a work in progress.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

8 catches 84 yards and a TD is not a "Very down" night. He had a down night because Nevada was committing everything to stopping him. They were also mugging the s**t out of him all game. Even with that, Carr missed him another time or two for what would have been a TD. BUT, because Nevada committed everything to stopping him, it opened up the run game, something Fresno state had been lacking severely, and allowed Josh Harper to have a 17 reception, 253 yard, 2 TD night. But your right he is a bit a work in progress in some areas, but every sophmore is. Doesnt make him any less of a monster.

8 catches 84 yards and a TD is not a "Very down" night. He had a down night because Nevada was committing everything to stopping him. They were also mugging the s**t out of him all game. Even with that, Carr missed him another time or two for what would have been a TD. BUT, because Nevada committed everything to stopping him, it opened up the run game, something Fresno state had been lacking severely, and allowed Josh Harper to have a 17 reception, 253 yard, 2 TD night. But your right he is a bit a work in progress in some areas, but every sophmore is. Doesnt make him any less of a monster.

Just ignore Billbird he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Your assessment is absolutely correct, Adams was blanketed all night long by Nevada. 8 catches 84 yards with a TD a down night?
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]

Just ignore Billbird he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Your assessment is absolutely correct, Adams was blanketed all night long by Nevada. 8 catches 84 yards with a TD a down night?

For Davante Adams standards and the hopes you pin on this kid? Yeah, I'd say it was a down night for him. Nice of you to conveniently gloss over his fumble that cost us a touchdown.

Did any of you actually attend Fresno State like I did? Graduate like I did? Attend games at Bulldog Stadium religiously like I did? If so, you have my respect. If not, what in Hades are you doing here?

I'm the biggest, baddest, Bulldog homer on this board. But even I can admit that this year's Fresno State team is living dangerously on the edge. Three of those wins just as easily could have been losses. They are not blowing opponents out of the water with regularity like some of Jim Sweeney's championship clubs did.

I refuse to wear your rose-colored glasses. Yes, we're undefeated. Yes, it's nice. But I'm still plenty worried about what is to come...
For Davante Adams standards and the hopes you pin on this kid? Yeah, I'd say it was a down night for him. Nice of you to conveniently gloss over his fumble that cost us a touchdown.

Did any of you actually attend Fresno State like I did? Graduate like I did? Attend games at Bulldog Stadium religiously like I did? If so, you have my respect. If not, what in Hades are you doing here?

I'm the biggest, baddest, Bulldog homer on this board. But even I can admit that this year's Fresno State team is living dangerously on the edge. Three of those wins just as easily could have been losses. They are not blowing opponents out of the water with regularity like some of Jim Sweeney's championship clubs did.

I refuse to wear your rose-colored glasses. Yes, we're undefeated. Yes, it's nice. But I'm still plenty worried about what is to come...

I've been to more Fresno State games then you have since 1999 and that's fact. This thread isn't about the Fresno State Football team, this is about Davante Adams . Meanwhile you take every chance you get to throw him under the bus for whatever reason.

I've been to more Fresno State games then you have since 1999 and that's fact. This thread isn't about the Fresno State Football team, this is about Davante Adams . Meanwhile you take every chance you get to throw him under the bus for whatever reason.

Considering I haven't lived anywhere CLOSE to Fresno since 1999, I'll buy that.

I'm not throwing Davante under the bus. Hardly! The only thing I've, that is upsetting to you for some reason, is point out the caliber of opposition he's faced. He's not going up against SEC or even PAC 12 defenses. The Mountain West might as well be renamed Marshmallow West when you compare it to the major conferences and BCS schools. Who else besides Boise State is any good? And even Boise isn't Boise like this year. Even you would have to admit that!

The kid is good -- no doubt. But is he THAT good? Is he Henry Ellard good? Do you even know who Henry Ellard is? Henry Ellard is the best wide receiver Fresno State has ever put into the pro ranks bar none. There never as anyone that good before Henry, and nobody even close to Henry since he last laced up his NFL cleats. Henry Ellard put Fresno State football on the MAP.

The point I'm trying to make here is this: Henry Ellard types just don't fall off the apple cart all the time. I will admit that I've been watching Davante ever since I spotted this thread, and watching him closely. There's no doubt: He has talent. We can both agree on that.

But I'm not going to put on your rose colored glasses and anoint him as the "Next Big Thang." He hasn't proven anything yet. He's a sophomore -- a very good sophomore -- but just that -- a sophomore.

Now, is there a chance that I'M WRONG and YOU'RE RIGHT, and you will end up serving me a big pile of steaming crow meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Sure! And given that I am the biggest, baddest, Bulldog homer on this board, I'll enjoy every last bite of it.

Oh, Crikey, I just found out you were born in 1991 and I'm arguing with a 12 year old. Good job billbird2111
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM ]

I'm not throwing Davante under the bus. Hardly! The only thing I've, that is upsetting to you for some reason, is point out the caliber of opposition he's faced. He's not going up against SEC or even PAC 12 defenses. The Mountain West might as well be renamed Marshmallow West when you compare it to the major conferences and BCS schools. Who else besides Boise State is any good? And even Boise isn't Boise like this year. Even you would have to admit that!

The kid is good -- no doubt. But is he THAT good? Is he Henry Ellard good? Do you even know who Henry Ellard is? Henry Ellard is the best wide receiver Fresno State has ever put into the pro ranks bar none. There never as anyone that good before Henry, and nobody even close to Henry since he last laced up his NFL cleats. Henry Ellard put Fresno State football on the MAP.

The point I'm trying to make here is this: Henry Ellard types just don't fall off the apple cart all the time. I will admit that I've been watching Davante ever since I spotted this thread, and watching him closely. There's no doubt: He has talent. We can both agree on that.

But I'm not going to put on your rose colored glasses and anoint him as the "Next Big Thang." He hasn't proven anything yet. He's a sophomore -- a very good sophomore -- but just that -- a sophomore.

Now, is there a chance that I'M WRONG and YOU'RE RIGHT, and you will end up serving me a big pile of steaming crow meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Sure! And given that I am the biggest, baddest, Bulldog homer on this board, I'll enjoy every last bite of it.

Oh, Crikey, I just found out you were born in 1991 and I'm arguing with a 12 year old. Good job billbird2111

Yes I know who Henry Ellard is and he had a fantastic career at Fresno State as well as the NFL and not very many WRs have the length of the career that he had from any program. So no it's unlikely that Adams nor any WR will have the length of career that he had.

Yes I was born in 1991 and it's pretty embarrassing that somebody my age evidently knows more about Fresno State than you do since you're the biggest, baddest, Fresno State homer Calling Marlon Moore a beast or the ridiculous claims you made about Lorenzo Neal

P.S.- You should visit the Aldon Smith thread where you displayed your ignorance gracefully there as well

Yes I know who Henry Ellard is and he had a fantastic career at Fresno State as well as the NFL and not very many WRs have the length of the career that he had from any program. So no it's unlikely that Adams nor any WR will have the length of career that he had.

Yes I was born in 1991 and it's pretty embarrassing that somebody my age evidently knows more about Fresno State than you do since you're the biggest, baddest, Fresno State homer Calling Marlon Moore a beast or the ridiculous claims you made about Lorenzo Neal

P.S.- You should visit the Aldon Smith thread where you displayed your ignorance gracefully there as well
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM ]

Marlon Moore's 2007 season was nothing special 48 catches? Hardly a gamebreaker. Although I will agree he had nothing special at QB

As for the 49ers regarding Aldon Smith they handled his situation wonderfully. They got the kid the help that he needed to get his life right. No team in the league would've cut Smith or gotten rid of him. You don't just cut the best pass-rusher in the game.

Anyways let's get back to Adams since that's why this thread is about
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Nov 6, 2013 at 3:15 PM ]
Marlon Moore's 2007 season was nothing special 48 catches? Hardly a gamebreaker. Although I will agree he had nothing special at QB

As for the 49ers regarding Aldon Smith they handled his situation wonderfully. They got the kid the help that he needed to get his life right. No team in the league would've cut Smith or gotten rid of him. You don't just cut the best pass-rusher in the game.

Anyways let's get back to Adams since that's why this thread is about

Agreed
Not that it matters, but i lived in Fresno from 1983 to 2006. I have been to more Fresno state games than i can count. I never attended there, but have tons of friends that did. I saw Davante Adams play this year though, when they came up to Idaho.

Davante Adams is the most exciting and dominate WR Fresno state has had since Bernard Berrian, and Berrian couldnt sniff Adams jock strap. This kid is a rsS. He is really dominate in the RZ, and thats where he will make his living in the NFL. He has all the measurables, seems like a good kid, and he still has alot of room to develope and become even better. This kid is far from his ceiling.
Not that it matters, but i lived in Fresno from 1983 to 2006. I have been to more Fresno state games than i can count. I never attended there, but have tons of friends that did. I saw Davante Adams play this year though, when they came up to Idaho.

Davante Adams is the most exciting and dominate WR Fresno state has had since Bernard Berrian, and Berrian couldnt sniff Adams jock strap. This kid is a rsS. He is really dominate in the RZ, and thats where he will make his living in the NFL. He has all the measurables, seems like a good kid, and he still has alot of room to develope and become even better. This kid is far from his ceiling.

Believe it or not, I actually still miss Fresno. Best darn food on the planet, provided you were willing to live and work south of Shaw Ave. Many northerners won't go there.
Kid has 80 catches, 888 yards(A lot of 8's lol), and 14 TDs this season.

Anyone get an idea if this kid is RS-Sophomore or just reg Sophomore?
Share 49ersWebzone