There are 188 users in the forums

Davante Adams WR Fresno ST

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL this thread just got interesting.

Davante Adams is legit. If anything he has padded Carr's stats, not the other way around, and i really like Derek Carr. Anyone who watches the REDSHIRT SOPHMORE can see he is a f**king animal. Guy is an absolute monster in the corner of the endzone.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Davante Adams is legit. If anything he has padded Carr's stats, not the other way around, and i really like Derek Carr. Anyone who watches the REDSHIRT SOPHMORE can see he is a f**king animal. Guy is an absolute monster in the corner of the endzone.

You two really need to get a room.

Ellard got left out for a reason, as did Stephone. They actually produced. In fact, Stephone was a bit of a surprise. I was surprised to see his name this past weekend pop up on the big screen during the Dallas-Detroit game. A graphic was fonting up the names of players with monster receiving days, and lo and behold, there's Stephone Paige on that list.

Lorenzo Neal an NFL standout? Dilfer an NFL standout? Umm, OK, if you put them there. And I have six-pack abs...

My only argument is that Davante has been put onto a pedestal that he may not be ready for yet. Trust me, I'd love to see this kid step into the NFL and light it up. Brings more juice to Fresno State.

I just think it's a tad early, is all.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Ellard got left out for a reason, as did Stephone. They actually produced. In fact, Stephone was a bit of a surprise. I was surprised to see his name this past weekend pop up on the big screen during the Dallas-Detroit game. A graphic was fonting up the names of players with monster receiving days, and lo and behold, there's Stephone Paige on that list.

Lorenzo Neal an NFL standout? Dilfer an NFL standout? Umm, OK, if you put them there. And I have six-pack abs...

My only argument is that Davante has been put onto a pedestal that he may not be ready for yet. Trust me, I'd love to see this kid step into the NFL and light it up. Brings more juice to Fresno State.

Lorenzo Neal made the 2000 all decade team if I'm not mistaken... He's one of the main reasons Tomlinson scored like 30TD's

Lorenzo Neal was one of the last true Fullbacks...If you don't think a large part of Tomlinson's success came from Neal leading the way then we are done here. Dilfer wasn't great in the NFL for where he was drafted but he made a Pro Bowl and won a Superbowl.

Do you seriously want to compare Paige and Adams numbers at Fresno State?

LOL Neal is a FS and NFL legend.....

One of the best FB's t ever play the game.

4 Pro-bowl selections, 3 all-pro selections

He blocked for a 1,000 yard rusher for 11 consecutive seasons.

Neal was a f**king boss.

You lose all credibility when you try to downplay Lorenzo Neals accomplishments. He should be a hall of famer.
Originally posted by mod:
Lorenzo Neal made the 2000 all decade team if I'm not mistaken... He's one of the main reasons Tomlinson scored like 30TD's

Yes he did, and yes he was.

Lorenzo Neal was one of the last true Fullbacks...If you don't think a large part of Tomlinson's success came from Neal leading the way then we are done here. Dilfer wasn't great in the NFL for where he was drafted but he made a Pro Bowl and won a Superbowl.

Of course not! Completely different eras. The point I was making was that Paige was actually one of the few Fresno State players to actually make an impact in the NFL. I'm not comparing the two. Do you even read my posts?

Secondly, sorry, you got me confused. Yes, Lorenzo Neal was a fine fullback. Road graded a career for LT. I agree -- LT wouldn't have been the same without him.

But was Neal a major NFL star? Household name? Set the world on fire? Scoring records?

Nope...

But, he was a fine fullback. Perhaps one of the best effort. You have no argument. He also proposition a producer friend of mine who worked at the NBC News station. But that's another story for another day.

It does not change the argument. For some reason, you're not reading my posts, but I'll say it again in the hopes you might read and learn. Very few promising Fresno State players actually turn out on the NFL level. They come in with great promise. But, for the most part, they've fallen flat. They have not had the career that most people envisioned.

Carr and Dilfer are excellent examples of this. So is Lorenzo Neal, who was not drafted as a fullback, but became one of the best fullbacks in the league.

Of course not! Completely different eras. The point I was making was that Paige was actually one of the few Fresno State players to actually make an impact in the NFL. I'm not comparing the two. Do you even read my posts?

Secondly, sorry, you got me confused. Yes, Lorenzo Neal was a fine fullback. Road graded a career for LT. I agree -- LT wouldn't have been the same without him.

But was Neal a major NFL star? Household name? Set the world on fire? Scoring records?

Nope...

But, he was a fine fullback. Perhaps one of the best effort. You have no argument. He also proposition a producer friend of mine who worked at the NBC News station. But that's another story for another day.

It does not change the argument. For some reason, you're not reading my posts, but I'll say it again in the hopes you might read and learn. Very few promising Fresno State players actually turn out on the NFL level. They come in with great promise. But, for the most part, they've fallen flat. They have not had the career that most people envisioned.

Carr and Dilfer are excellent examples of this. So is Lorenzo Neal, who was not drafted as a fullback, but became one of the best fullbacks in the league.

Name one true FB that is/was?

People are reading and understanding your arguments fine, they are just ridiculous.

Nope...

No your posts stopped carrying any credibility when you called Marlon Moore a beast and failed to realize how good Lorenzo Neal was.

Nope...

No your posts stopped carrying any credibility when you called Marlon Moore a beast and failed to realize how good Lorenzo Neal was.

Marlon Moore was a beast.

At Fresno State. He was the best wide receiver they had.

Why are you so mean to me?

I am merely attempting to point out how wrong you are.

Nope...

Marlon Moore was a beast.

At Fresno State. He was the best wide receiver they had.

Why are you so mean to me?

I am merely attempting to point out how wrong you are.

Doesn't make him a beast..I'm not wrong you're the one s**tting all over Davante Adams and apparently doesn't know much about Fresno State football
Doesn't make him a beast..I'm not wrong you're the one s**tting all over Davante Adams and apparently doesn't know much about Fresno State football

Come on man, you know Lorenzo Neal is an excellent example of Fresno state players being nothing but busts in the NFL...

Come on man, you know Lorenzo Neal is an excellent example of Fresno state players being nothing but busts in the NFL...
LOL this

And Marlon Moore was a beast at Fresno State even though he was being outplayed by a TE converted from QB in Bear Pascoe
Watching the game right now, holly crap this kid is a monster.

Cant remember seeing a kid this dominate as a RZ target in a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone