LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Dominique Easley tears ACL, will enter draft.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
I like his tape but he already suffered TWO ACL tears .... Major durability concerns !
Originally posted by DeUh:
I like his tape but he already suffered TWO ACL tears .... Major durability concerns !

Gore tore both his ACL's at Miami....didn't stop him from becoming the best RB ever to don a 49ers jersey. Now I'm not saying Easley will have the same success I'm just saying injuries can be overcome.
I dont like his size that much for a 3-4 DE.

Hes kinda on the small side for that alignment.
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Gore tore both his ACL's at Miami....didn't stop him from becoming the best RB ever to don a 49ers jersey. Now I'm not saying Easley will have the same success I'm just saying injuries can be overcome.

Even if we do draft the guy I don't see him getting any carries
Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 28m28 minutes ago

The Patriots have released oft-injured defensive lineman Dominique Easley. Easley was a 2014 first round pick. Story to come…
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

The Patriots have released oft-injured defensive lineman Dominique Easley. Easley was a 2014 first round pick. Story to come…

Very good talent but forever nicked up and hurt.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Theirs reports that he got released due to off-field issues and not him injuries

I can see Baalke making a move on him if he is able to play this year. Like you said, talented player but struggles with injuries. Id take him over TJE
Theirs reports that he got released due to off-field issues and not him injuries

I was thinking that was an abrupt release. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it is an off field problem. Not saying Easley has a history of being an off field headache but just how this release just doesn't make a lot of sense. Still on his rookie deal, he played 14 games last year and played pretty well, they traded Jones so now they have lost 2 starters.
Originally posted by saniner:

I can see Baalke making a move on him if he is able to play this year. Like you said, talented player but struggles with injuries. Id take him over TJE

This. The problem is, TJE has been extremely durable just doesn't have the talent while Easley is very talented but rarely available. Like the saying goes, "your best ability is your availability". I was a huge Easley fan coming out of college since I am a Gator fan and hope we at least bring him in to compete and see what happens but I'm not holding my breath

CBS Sports Insider Jason La Canfora reports the Patriots decision to release DT Dominique Easley was off-field related.

It's not clear what Easley is dealing with off the field, but his release wasn't a "pure performance/football matter." There's rumors Easley's rehab from chronic knee issues also played a role in his release. Easley was highly effective when healthy last year, grading as a top-20 interior pass rusher across 275 snaps. The Patriots will lose $400K in dead money if he signs with another team
Originally posted by NYniner85:
CBS Sports Insider Jason La Canfora reports the Patriots decision to release DT Dominique Easley was off-field related.

It's not clear what Easley is dealing with off the field, but his release wasn't a "pure performance/football matter." There's rumors Easley's rehab from chronic knee issues also played a role in his release. Easley was highly effective when healthy last year, grading as a top-20 interior pass rusher across 275 snaps. The Patriots will lose $400K in dead money if he signs with another team

Now I'm really interested what scared the Patriots (who have Gronk have a booze cruise) into releasing this promising player.
Share 49ersWebzone