My Early 2014 NFL Draft crush

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Wow you would think this was a browns forum...already looking to the draft

So talking draft prospects on a draft board, doesn't make sense?

And NT isn't a position of need as of right now?

Am I suppose to lock this whole board cause football season is still in play?

Ive heard of this 7th grader in texas that has a rocket for an arm. He should be eligible for the draft about the time kaep is on the decline.

I was just saying that 2014 draft is a looooong way, and the only fans looking to next years draft are the dog pound. But to your point, NT should have been addressed with the plethora of picks in last years draft. John Jenkins in the third round looks real good now in hindsight. Why are the niners opposed to the 350 lb NTs that eat linemen for lunch?

For one, I said its my early draft crush, what the hell is wrong with that? Its not like I'm doing a Mock Draft and doing player projections already. I'm just saying he'd make one hell of a NT. Tell what else am I suppose to discuss in a draft board, its silly when fans say "only losers are looking forward to the draft at this time". Umm if you've watched the draft and discussed it as much as we do for the last 7 or 8 years, you'd know its never too early to start talking prospects or draft crushes.

Why did the 9ers pass on a NT in the draft, well Ian Williams did earn the starting NT spot, it looked to be somewhat promising until he got injured. Either way, the 9ers have/had two players who could man the NT spot in Williams and Dorsey.

And Tomsula has stated before that he'd prefer a D-lineman that could move and not just be a blob in the middle. Hence none of the NT besides Divens (who's nowhere on the roster) is more than 330.

This, not sucking up or nothing, but who cares either way. I love doing this early. I have a website based on the NFL Draft. And I update each week. The draft is a ongoing process. I rather get a head start on the other guys, and not scramble in march for draft prospects to look at.

I have over 150 players I have scouted/viewed. I will be watching tomorrow/today.

On topic, I dont see a sleeper NT for me right now. I want to see Penn State's DT DaQuan Jones, he is 6'3, 333 lbs, runs a 5.18 40 time. Maybe a sleeper. Another is Washington's Danny Shelton, 6'1, 317 lbs, 5.22 40 Time.

Of course Mount McCullers, but he needs to lose weight. Right now my #5 DT(I haven't done by scheme rankings yet, way too early).

CB wise, Bennett Jackson, Notre Dame. 6'0, 185, and 4.45 40, and his opponent Darqueze Dennard, Mich State, 5'11, 188, 4.51 40. Dennard is more higher round, but Jackson could see his stock rise.

Another is Florida's Jaylen Watkins. 6'0, 188, 4.48 40.

Thanks for chiming in AB81 (love the name ). Studying prospects though make watching college football a lot more interesting to watching, and then in the end we all hope and wish that a certain player ends up in red and gold.

But getting back on topic, I seriously doubt and would be shocked as hell to see Daniel McCullers drafted by the 9ers. People say he can move for a big man, but can he handle the intense TC's in the NFL. Also Danny Shelton is another DT, I'm keeping an eye on, good run stopper in the mold of Ian Williams.

As for CB, I'm still locked in on Justin Gilbert, he reminds of Marcus Trufant, good ball skills and fluid. I think his stock is gonna soar once the Combine gets here. Shoot, he actually has NFL experience already, hes picked off Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin and Ryan Tannehill.

I think this upcoming draft is where the 9ers reload on defense.

anonio bryant fan huh
Originally posted by hofer36:
anonio bryant fan huh

lol, no silly, Anquan Boldin all the way.

Ive heard of this 7th grader in texas that has a rocket for an arm. He should be eligible for the draft about the time kaep is on the decline.

I was just saying that 2014 draft is a looooong way, and the only fans looking to next years draft are the dog pound. But to your point, NT should have been addressed with the plethora of picks in last years draft. John Jenkins in the third round looks real good now in hindsight. Why are the niners opposed to the 350 lb NTs that eat linemen for lunch?

For one, I said its my early draft crush, what the hell is wrong with that? Its not like I'm doing a Mock Draft and doing player projections already. I'm just saying he'd make one hell of a NT. Tell what else am I suppose to discuss in a draft board, its silly when fans say "only losers are looking forward to the draft at this time". Umm if you've watched the draft and discussed it as much as we do for the last 7 or 8 years, you'd know its never too early to start talking prospects or draft crushes.

Why did the 9ers pass on a NT in the draft, well Ian Williams did earn the starting NT spot, it looked to be somewhat promising until he got injured. Either way, the 9ers have/had two players who could man the NT spot in Williams and Dorsey.

And Tomsula has stated before that he'd prefer a D-lineman that could move and not just be a blob in the middle. Hence none of the NT besides Divens (who's nowhere on the roster) is more than 330.

Everyone was shocked ian williams got an extension. And he hardly earned the starting role . We let soap and rjf walk in free agency. Williams was simply all that was left.

Everyone was shocked ian williams got an extension. And he hardly earned the starting role . We let soap and rjf walk in free agency. Williams was simply all that was left.

I rather let Sopoaga and RJF leave. 12M for Isaac, and 28M I believe ish for RJF is too much. Neither are starters, maybe not Williams, but he was better IMO. And Dorsey should step up.

I dont agree williams was all that was left. We could of signed someone else, we chose to stick with Williams, and Sign Dorsey. Dorsey signed for significantly less. $6M compared to 12M or 28M, no brainer. RJF isnt even a NT, he is more of a DE, Sopoaga was more of a NT, but also undersized IMO. If we want a true NT, we need a 320+ pound guy. I like Danny Shelton, and DaQuan Jones. Jones had a good game, forcing pressure, tackles, and just disruptive.

I rather let Sopoaga and RJF leave. 12M for Isaac, and 28M I believe ish for RJF is too much. Neither are starters, maybe not Williams, but he was better IMO. And Dorsey should step up.

I dont agree williams was all that was left. We could of signed someone else, we chose to stick with Williams, and Sign Dorsey. Dorsey signed for significantly less. $6M compared to 12M or 28M, no brainer. RJF isnt even a NT, he is more of a DE, Sopoaga was more of a NT, but also undersized IMO. If we want a true NT, we need a 320+ pound guy. I like Danny Shelton, and DaQuan Jones. Jones had a good game, forcing pressure, tackles, and just disruptive.

The Dline is mostly interchangable. And management puts little value on a true NT. This position has been long neglected.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

The Dline is mostly interchangable. And management puts little value on a true NT. This position has been long neglected.

Because they show so much looks on defense, they don't stay in a true 3-4 base. That's why I like Beau Allen so much, hes a penetrating DT who can control the gaps. Allen with Justin Smith on the side of him for 1 or 2 years watch out!!!