There are 162 users in the forums

Clowney Not going #1.

Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
trade 1+2nd round picks plus Ray Mac or Tank Carridine to be in the top 5 and hope Clowney falls to us... Imagine Tank Carridine or Ray Mac on the LDE and Clowney on the RDE or vice versa

I hope you are joking.

Why not? Last year the Niners had the 31st pick and traded that plus a 3rd round pick to get into the teens, swapping the 3rd rounder for a 2nd rounder should get us a pick closer to the top 10 and adding Ray Mac who is one of the best LDE in the game will only land us a higher pick. Maybe not into the top 5 but you never know there is always one team in the top 5 who just wants to trade down and rebuild with more picks and NFL ready players like Ray Mac.

I think its a solid deal... Besides this defense is a front 7 defense control the trenches type bringing in Clowney will assure it for the next 5 years unless he busts...

Clowney isn't a sure fire DE, and he is a 4-3 DE IMO. We aren't moving to 4-3, and why trade a top 10 DE who is a veteran, and great at what he does. Makes no sense.
trade 1+2nd round picks plus Ray Mac or Tank Carridine to be in the top 5 and hope Clowney falls to us... Imagine Tank Carridine or Ray Mac on the LDE and Clowney on the RDE or vice versa

I hope you are joking.

Why not? Last year the Niners had the 31st pick and traded that plus a 3rd round pick to get into the teens, swapping the 3rd rounder for a 2nd rounder should get us a pick closer to the top 10 and adding Ray Mac who is one of the best LDE in the game will only land us a higher pick. Maybe not into the top 5 but you never know there is always one team in the top 5 who just wants to trade down and rebuild with more picks and NFL ready players like Ray Mac.

I think its a solid deal... Besides this defense is a front 7 defense control the trenches type bringing in Clowney will assure it for the next 5 years unless he busts...

Clowney isn't a sure fire DE, and he is a 4-3 DE IMO. We aren't moving to 4-3, and why trade a top 10 DE who is a veteran, and great at what he does. Makes no sense.

I was thinking kinda similar to what the Pat's do when they traded Richard Seymour to the raiders for their 1st, and invest that pick into a young gun and keep their D young and fresh.
Share 49ersWebzone