There are 236 users in the forums

Other team's needs and our 2014 draft

• buck
  • Veteran
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, backup QB Matt Simms "has some real support to play" within the Jets' organization.

"Should Geno (Smith) struggle, worth watching," Schefter reported. Simms is a 24-year-old former undrafted free agent out of Tennessee. He beat out Greg McElroy for the Jets' backup job in August, finishing the preseason with a 74.6 completion rate and 8.1 yards-per-attempt average without a turnover on 59 throws, albeit against deep backups. Smith has been the weak link on a Jets team that has otherwise been better than people expected. If Smith keeps giving the ball to the other team, the Jets' offensive staff may have to seriously contemplate a switch. Geno has five turnovers through two games.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/269921/report-some-of-jets-org-wants-simms-at-qb

The chaos at the insane asylum known as the New York Jets could push two quality players down to us in the first three rounds,

I have nothing against Geno Smith, but I hope he continues to act in our best interest.
Im on the outside Im sure, but what I really think is that we need to draft that TRUE NT to keep blockers off our best defensive players. We were a dominant defense in 2011, when we also kept opponents from from having any rushing TDs until week 16. That's an unbelievable rush defense to have that stat. we could keep teams one-dimensional and if we could snatch a lockdown corner early as well, then our D, may be back to the top where we belong. We need a monster in the middle to force those third and longs with regularity. That's the Defense Im used to seeing in SF. NOT that 5yds/att to start in 2013.
  • buck
  • Veteran
With every passing turn (pun intended) it becomes more clear that the Browns will be looking for a quarterback in next year's draft.

Report: Brandon Weeden not viewed as answer at QB

In fact, NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell said Thursday on WHFS-FM in Tampa, Fla., that he "happens to know" Weeden is "not going to be their guy" for the 2014 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247630/article/report-brandon-weeden-not-viewed-as-answer-at-qb
  • buck
  • Veteran
bump
  • buck
  • Veteran
bump
  • buck
  • Veteran
BUMP
Lets see, obvious ones IMO.

Minnesota needs a QB of the future (Freeman isnt, Ponder is terrible, and Cassel's deal expires after the super bowl, and since my dad is a Vikimgs fan, I feel for him, and the Vikes, like he does when we lose)
Jacksonville also
Cleveland too

Geno Looked good, not 100% sold on him,but will be the starter heading into camp, cause Sanchez is a goner.
depending on how glennon plays one might add the bucs. anf what about the cardinals? will they take a tackle finally in the 1st and a QB in the 2nd? or the other way round?
could the giants part ways with Eli? Or do they try to resurrect his career and take a top tackle?
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
could the giants part ways with Eli? Or do they try to resurrect his career and take a top tackle?

Theyre not going to part ways with Eli. He has chemistry and experience with nivks, cruz, and randle. You dont blow that up with a rookie qb. He needs a run game and LT. Thw giants will address the LOS this draft.

• buck
  • Veteran
Giants just might be interested in Clowney.
Originally posted by buck:
Giants just might be interested in Clowney.

Or Jake Matthews, or Taylor Lewan. Both worthy of a top pick. And would help on that terrible O-Line.
Share 49ersWebzone