There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chuckie Keeton-QB-Utah State

"He's not big enough,he's a gimmick quarterback, he's not accurate enough".....blah blah blah.

In my opinion this guy has "it", whatever "it" is, he has that star quality. He's improved every year as a passer and there's no reason to not expect that to continue as Utah State should have a pretty high octane offense this year. Keeton seems to be able to do everything, he's very quick, mobile, passes well on the run, can pass from the pocket, has a pretty strong arm, can make all the throws, shows nice touch at times and just like Kaepernick, he's gotten dinged for his throwing motion, even though the ball gets out of there fast as heck.

When he got to Utah State, he was looked at as a prototypical running quarterback, great mobility, strong arm, poor accuracy, but he's improved leaps and bounds and is coming off a season where he completed almost 70% of his passes. Based on the level of improvement and performance, he clearly seems to be working his ass off to get better, not sure if he'll be coming out in 2014 or 2015 but he looks to be a pretty good future NFL QB prospect with all the tools to perform in a system like the 49ers or many others.

*As a bonus, looking for Chuck Jacobs(#10) sightings in the video. 2:35 is one. Matt Austin(#4) was balling out of control for them last season.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM ]
Don't fuel the Chuck Jacobs fire. He's already in the running for most-irrationally-loved-camp-body-of-the-year.

I'm with you on Keeton, though. Looking forward to watching him vs. Utah tonight. Much like Kap, he's going to leave school with a ton of starts under his belt.
Are you suggesting we draft him? I think he's gonna be a pretty high draft pick. At least 3rd round
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Don't fuel the Chuck Jacobs fire. He's already in the running for most-irrationally-loved-camp-body-of-the-year.

I'm with you on Keeton, though. Looking forward to watching him vs. Utah tonight. Much like Kap, he's going to leave school with a ton of starts under his belt.

you re referring to the annual Kory Sheets award
Originally posted by hofer36:

The Ziegler award!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by hofer36:

The Ziegler award!

How dare ye offend the great Thomas Clayton! Bow to your master!

• sfout
  • Veteran
Keeton and USU play my Utes tonight. Honestly if Keeton and USU's RBs doesn't light up the Utes' run D I will be incredibly disappointed in him. I interned for the local ESPN station and watched the Utes' spring game from the sidelines and their weakness is on the ground. They've got a ton of rangy DBs that made plays through and around the Ute's bigger WRs.

That being said if Keeton is able to put up great passing numbers it'll be a great start to the season for him.

EDIT: Well Keeton is killing it. At the half he is responsible for 239 of USU's 301 yards. Thrown for 2 TDs, and of course he is torching them in the air and the run game is sluggish. Ute's probably over-prepared for their read option.
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM ]
He has come a long way since his first game as a freshman almost beating auburn. He definitely has the "it" factor that NFL teams are looking for. It will be fun watching where he goes, whether its this year or next.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
If you think Chuckie is good then you need to follow Brett Smith this year. He has that same "it" factor and just tore up Nebraska for 383 pass yards, 4 touchdowns, 1 int and 92 yards on 8 carries in a near come from behind win in Lincoln. The kid is a Harbaugh kind of guy.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
It looks like Chuckie just tore up his left knee. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but it definitely looks bad. You can see the injury here.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Scott Garrard @ScottyG1280
MRI pending, but USU officials fear torn ACL and MCL for Chuckie Keeton.
Nothing public stated by USU but Keeton might be done for the year.
Posted by one of the 2 main sports radio stations in the state(I'm in Utah), they're pretty connected to the colleges so I'd trust this.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by DVDA:
It looks like Chuckie just tore up his left knee. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but it definitely looks bad. You can see the injury here.

So any possible interest in him by the 49ers just went....up?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DVDA:

So any possible interest in him by the 49ers just went....up?

I don't know, he isn't a running back...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
It's official now, Keeton tore both his ACL and MCL, done for the year.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27144662&nid=858&title=keeton-injury-bad-news-for-college-football-fans&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-1
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]
Sucks for the kid. He was putting together heck of a year. Hope he comes back healthier and better than ever.