There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have the guts to go after Clowney?

• xcfan
  • Veteran
clowney running

I would trade the 9ers 2012 draft to do it.....you think we get any takers?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
I would trade the 9ers 2012 draft to do it.....you think we get any takers?

the raiders would jump at the chance
Draft Clowney and move him to safety
this thread sucks, we dont need him, and you want to trade Bowman.
With what Cam Johnson and Lemonier have shown, along with the way Baalke has grabbed injured players that have slipped, we have a lot of depth in young players that can get after the QB. Right now we are blessed/cursed with 5 guys who are likely future starters that are injured and not on the 53. Yet the current 53 is generally considered on of the deepest in the league. There are NO gaping holes that MUST be filled by a move up for ANY player.

In addition to just being able to draft a high-quality player that has slipped (Carradine, Dial, Lattimore, Gore, etc.) and would otherwise not be available to a team drafting at the end of the round, it also means the salary hit will be much less. IMO, that is the unsung glory of what Baalke has done over the past couple of drafts. (let's not talk about 2012 ) With so many good young players who will be coming up for extensions in the next year, to take on the salary of the #1 overall pick would jeopardize the possibility of keeping Iupati or Aldon. Something to think about.

Football = the ultimate team game.
Do we have the guts to trade away the next three drafts?
Originally posted by YungAce:

That would be idiocy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YungAce:

Yes, as soon as they throw out Trent Baalke and hire Mike Ditka!!!
This should be more along the lines of "Are we stupid enough to throw away the future, for 1 player, who isn't a QB, when we have our guy, and an elite pass rusher already".
I put 31, Chiefs 2nd if they went 8-8 50, our 2nd, tenn high 3rd say 71, our 3rd... couldnt trade a goldson comp....

So 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 = 1631 points. Means we still would have to give up 969 points for pick 2 or 1369 for pick one. Means we would still owe a 1st, 2,nd 3rd from next year just to get 10 points ahead for pick 2.

So 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 1, 2, 3... yeah seems like I good idea for our franchise. Kill any chance to keep building and reloading for our future and take a chance on one guy. Just not worth it.