There are 146 users in the forums

Do we have the guts to go after Clowney?

Even if we win the SB, we have the ammo to move to one. Iupati isnt't going to sign for less than 8-9 mil a year. He still has contract time left 2014. Brooks is a very good starter with a very good contract (our front office is the best in the league with contracts look at Bowman's deal) is trade bait. Put those two players together and a combination of our first, second, and third round picks, I think we can get it done. The question is should we?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
To move from 32 to 1 you would literally have to give up your entire draft + future picks or players. Clowney might be a "once a decade prospect" but only Matt Millen would ever trade from the playoff range of picks to #1.....
Originally posted by sfout:
To move from 32 to 1 you would literally have to give up your entire draft + future picks or players. Clowney might be a "once a decade prospect" but only Matt Millen would ever trade from the playoff range of picks to #1.....

Depends on who's number 1

Raiders would like clowney or bridgewater, but I think mckenzie knows there are too many holes. Getting the 9ers top few draft picks (plus next years) and a player (iiupati) might be enticing
Originally posted by sfout:

Not always, in a strong draft you always move down. Landing a probowl guard as compensation plus the chance to land 4 players is likely enough.
Do we really need him? Better yet, does he fit our scheme? We already have Aldon and Brooks plus Lemonier already looks like a beast. Sure Clowney would be a great pick up but we have more needs to potentially fill next year.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Do we really need him? Better yet, does he fit our scheme? We already have Aldon and Brooks plus Lemonier already looks like a beast. Sure Clowney would be a great pick up but we have more needs to potentially fill next year.
You can never have to many pass rushers. Need him? I think he can play on the Line at end ala Smith. His room to grow into that six six frame. If the numbers are true he could easily be 280--290 in two years. D-Line is a very important position for us. We are looking at losing Smith and Ray Mac soon. You can always find WR and CBs in the draft.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
give me the number of your weed guy. must be some good s**t.
as long as this dude doesnt play in the nfc-w, im happy.
I would not trade that many picks to move up to get him it's just not worth it were a good team already not worth giving up so much for one guy.
With Tomsula, I wouldn't be surprised if Tank ends up being the better player than Clowney, with whichever team he goes to...

If anything if there going to give up a lot to move up into the top 5 i would rather do it for a stud wide receiver this has been a way bigger problem over the last few years than pass rusher.
We don't need him... for that price.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Aug 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Raul98:
If anything if there going to give up a lot to move up into the top 5 i would rather do it for a stud wide receiver this has been a way bigger problem over the last few years than pass rusher.

This
No.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Guts???
Share 49ersWebzone