There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
The big question becomes what does our trade look like? Last year we traded #31 and #74 for #18 to draft Reid. We would more than likely need to move up to #14 (Chicago). One mock draft had Evans going as high as #9 to the Bills. I think our first round pick is dependent on Donte Whitner. If we ink him we may go after Evans or any of the other WR's. If not i suspect we target Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor in the first.

That trade was a steal bro the Cowboys gave up less than what the 18th pick was worth

I don't see that happening again imo

Why not? Jerrah still has a first rounder, right?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
The big question becomes what does our trade look like? Last year we traded #31 and #74 for #18 to draft Reid. We would more than likely need to move up to #14 (Chicago). One mock draft had Evans going as high as #9 to the Bills. I think our first round pick is dependent on Donte Whitner. If we ink him we may go after Evans or any of the other WR's. If not i suspect we target Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor in the first.

That trade was a steal bro the Cowboys gave up less than what the 18th pick was worth

If we traded our 1st, our 2nd (not Chief's pick), and 4th, would that get us up high enough? What pick is the threshold before you need to trade this year's 1st and next year's 1st? Like 8th?

I'm sure that if you asked the Falcons, they'd still pull the trigger on Jones, even with the injury.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

If we traded our 1st, our 2nd (not Chief's pick), and 4th, would that get us up high enough? What pick is the threshold before you need to trade this year's 1st and next year's 1st? Like 8th?

I'm sure that if you asked the Falcons, they'd still pull the trigger on Jones, even with the injury.

Possibly but I don't believe we will trade up that high if any this draft is deep at WR
I still look at Evans and Benjamin, and Benjamin appears faster and more athletic on the field. Evans is currently the better overall football player, IMO, but not so much so that I'd trade a future 1 to get him, when we could possibly stay at 30 to get Benjamin (if Baalke even wants a big guy).

I think he'd have to fall to/past 15 to be worth what we'd give in a trade.
I still look at Evans and Benjamin, and Benjamin appears faster and more athletic on the field. Evans is currently the better overall football player, IMO, but not so much so that I'd trade a future 1 to get him, when we could possibly stay at 30 to get Benjamin (if Baalke even wants a big guy).

I think he'd have to fall to/past 15 to be worth what we'd give in a trade.

I say stay away from both of them. Big receivers are either stars or busts, and I'm not seeing stars when I look at either of these guys in the NFL.
Evans just put himself on Sherman's s**tlist
49ers could move up to snag Evans or another receiver.

The draft is very unpredictable with them holding so many picks. We have filled the SS hole and will likely look to add major hole-fillers/contributors at WR, CB, and the interior OL for the future. I also expect us to draft a potentially dominant DE of the future to take over for Justin Smith. I think McDonald will eventually move into a rotational role if Carradine can come in and impress. So many possibilities this year.
You said it OTC, we have about a billion options this year. With only a 3rd/4th WR and 3rd/4th CB as needs and even that is debatable we have limitless options. If ever there was a year to bundle a bunch of picks and go get a Watkins or Evans this is it especially if they don't feel they can re-sign Crabtree. I don't see it happening but it's an option. Also, if we wanted to we can trade 1 or more of our 2nds/3rds outright for a round higher pick next year if that opportunity comes along. We can also trade down a handful of spots and get more picks for next year since we only have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 so far. We could draft a position like DE high that isn't needed with the intent that they will be a future starter. Same with a guard to take over for Iupati.
I think the team will be looking long and hard at Marqise Lee, who should be toward the back end of the first round. Got a feeling Watkins, Evans, Cooks, Beckham are going to be long gone earlier in the round, and it would be a costly trade-up.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think the team will be looking long and hard at Marqise Lee, who should be toward the back end of the first round. Got a feeling Watkins, Evans, Cooks, Beckham are going to be long gone earlier in the round, and it would be a costly trade-up.

I've heard Lee compared to Victor Cruz some. I agree Lee should be available late in the 1st, I'm just having a hard time determining how much the 49ers would be interested. He would fit the bill as a speedy playmaking type, and he gives great effort on the field, but his durability raises questions. He clearly was not healthy this past season.

It seems to me they have an an interest in adding at least one of the following to their WR corps: 1) a tall receiver, 2) a speed receiver

I'm curious how serious they could be about moving up to snag a player like Mike Evans (or.. CB Justin Gilbert)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 11, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
Im reminded a bit of Victor Cruz when I see Beckham Jr., and certainly not Lee. Maybe its just the sizzle in OBJrs. game. Hes very light-footed in his routes and smooth.
Evans only lines up on the right side and only on the outside. That scares me a little. He could be a beast, but I think he is a big time project. I dont know how well he understands the game and I can certainly see that he can't run routes. His best plays are after Manziel buys time and the the coverage break down as Evans is coming back or running to the sideline. Has all the physical tools you could ever want though.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Theyd be stupid to do so, BRB, you can have Julio Jones or you can have Torrey Smith, Richard Sherman, Brandon Boykins, Cameron Jordan and Whitney Mercilus.

I know which way I am going.
i will put on record that i 100% dont want Mike Evans. I honestly don't see what you guys see, I guess. I'll pass 10/10 times.
I would rather have Marquise Lee personally.