There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

The big question becomes what does our trade look like? Last year we traded #31 and #74 for #18 to draft Reid. We would more than likely need to move up to #14 (Chicago). One mock draft had Evans going as high as #9 to the Bills. I think our first round pick is dependent on Donte Whitner. If we ink him we may go after Evans or any of the other WR's. If not i suspect we target Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor in the first.
I'm hoping the "meet" with evans was just a way to confuse other teams about our actual plans to draft a fast WR or db in the first round! Maybe a way to smoke out possible trade partners.....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Evans is a top 10 pick, no way we have a chance for him.
Matt "Master of the Obvious" Maiocco

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-would-have-trade-land-wr-evans
Originally posted by mayo49:

we're trading up to #10 with the lions if he's there.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

no way. lions would take him since they need another receiver
Originally posted by 5280High:
How does someone with over 20 ypc last year have slow football speed? I dont buy that BS one bit.

Does Boldin come to mind
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Lions would be wise to add to their porous secondary and draft a WR later. Same might be said about us though.
Originally posted by Youngone:

Lions would be wise to add to their porous secondary and draft a WR later. Same might be said about us though.

they can go either way, but the possibility of pairing Megatron with a receiver that compares to Vincent Jackson, that might be all they need. CBs are also deep in this draft
Smoke and Mirrors Baalke
Originally posted by Youngone:

they can go either way, but the possibility of pairing Megatron with a receiver that compares to Vincent Jackson, that might be all they need. CBs are also deep in this draft

After seeing what a Marshall-Jeffrey tandem did for Chicago, their division rival, it certainly would be tempting, I'd think. The CB class is very deep as well so there is plenty of talent for them to tap into later to fill spots and still get great value across the board.
Evans would be awesome, but I don't see Baalke trading up that far to get him. Fortunately, there are a number of excellent WR's in this draft. My guy is Matthews, because he's got the size, speed, and is the all-time leading SEC receiver. His body of work is unrivaled...and it mystifies me why he's not ranked higher. Still, he'd be a great addition to our WR corps.
I think Evans will go to Lions. That'd be a nice/scary pair of receivers so that they can remain competitive in that division. I can't see us throwing enough picks at a team to get down to the 8-12 range. I can see us going to maybe 17-21 range. If Evans falls to there then I'm all for it, but I doubt that happens with teams trying to find receivers that can counter the big corner fad going on.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
The big question becomes what does our trade look like? Last year we traded #31 and #74 for #18 to draft Reid. We would more than likely need to move up to #14 (Chicago). One mock draft had Evans going as high as #9 to the Bills. I think our first round pick is dependent on Donte Whitner. If we ink him we may go after Evans or any of the other WR's. If not i suspect we target Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor in the first.

That trade was a steal bro the Cowboys gave up less than what the 18th pick was worth

I don't see that happening again imo
I hope the Lions draft a WR. It will only push Gilbert&Dennard down the draft.