There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
That has a lot of truth,Look at WHO the 9ers or those in the know ARE NOT talking about.I don't mind drafting Evans,but I think there are other wideouts in the draft that are a better fit then what we already have,,,,one other note,pleas don.t draft the USC guy,he has bust/injury written all over him.

Marquise Lee? he has a huge question mark and USC receivers has had a bad history, but I think he is what we are looking for imo and is possible to grab him without trading up too high.
yes i mean Lee and yes there have been bad results with USC wrs.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Speed with bad routes! An adult sized version of AJ Jenkins. I'll pass.

SPEED?! Are you kidding me?!

I just watched his highlights against Alabama and the first thing that jumped out to me is how slow this dude is. Great frame but it is a long, sloooowwwww-footed stride. That's the last thing the 49ers need. They already have their possession guys in Crabtree and Boldin. They need a speedster with good hands.

This is not the guy and, thankfully, I could never see the 49ers moving up to draft him. Either stand pat or move up for a burner. I'm never one to go with the Al Davis approach but in this case, they're not selling out for speed just for the sake of doing so; speed is the one thing this team needs. As close as the Niners can get to a guy like Victor Cruz (but with some added height/bulk if possible), the better. If they don't we'll see the same offense we saw last year.

x2 i guess we are the few who see this.

I just watched his highlights against Alabama and the first thing that jumped out to me is how slow this dude is. Great frame but it is a long, sloooowwwww-footed stride. That's the last thing the 49ers need. They already have their possession guys in Crabtree and Boldin. They need a speedster with good hands.

This is not the guy and, thankfully, I could never see the 49ers moving up to draft him. Either stand pat or move up for a burner. I'm never one to go with the Al Davis approach but in this case, they're not selling out for speed just for the sake of doing so; speed is the one thing this team needs. As close as the Niners can get to a guy like Victor Cruz (but with some added height/bulk if possible), the better. If they don't we'll see the same offense we saw last year.
is Badger Hawk talking about Evans or Lee?
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Mar 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM ]
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

is Badger Hawk talking about Evans or Lee?

I would think Evans, considering this is the Evans thread and he didn't quote any dialogue about Lee.

Either way, Evans is slow and I couldn't want a guy less; seems like he will not excel at the NFL level, and even in the remote chance he does, it's not at all what the 49ers need.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
I would think Evans, considering this is the Evans thread and he didn't quote any dialogue about Lee.

Either way, Evans is slow and I couldn't want a guy less; seems like he will not excel at the NFL level, and even in the remote chance he does, it's not at all what the 49ers need.

4.45 forty dude isn't slow
Originally posted by Garcia:

Look at His tapes or films of his high-lights and you tell me,does he look 4.45 on the field,40 yd time and football on the field time dose not match with Evans,let me ask you this if He is that fast,why does he not Look like Kaep on the field...and Kaep 40 time was 4.52 or close to that and Kaep looks a whole lot faster then this guy, now you do the math.

He plays like a 4.6 though. But he is a talented receiver. If he is capable of playing with the 4.4 he is capable of he could be the best wr in this draft. Or at least on par with Watkins

Speed with added height and bulk? That's why Donte Moncreif is my guy. At 6-2 220 and with a 4.4 flat he is exactly what we need. He might be a little raw in some areas, but he can be the 3rd or 4th receiver and deep threat behind Crab, Boldin, and maybe Patton next year before we would need him to start (assuming we won't be able to afford Crab). He would instantly be our biggest and fastest WR (Baldwin is a little bigger, but I don't think he is guaranteed a roster spot).

Running on a track in your underwear isn't the same thing as running around the football field in pads. Not really arguing one way or another but that's kind of a faulty argument. You can be football fast and slow on the track and vice versa. Track speed doesn't necessarily translate to football speed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I don't want Evans either and I sure hope they don't trade up to get him too. You never know what the 9ers or Baalke and Harbaugh is gonna do, they've been known to trade up for players us fans never want, Aldon Smith, AJ Jenkins (even they didn't trade up, us fans did not want him) and lastly Eric Reid. Even though I wanted Eric Reid, I can honestly say I was unhappy with the Aldon Smith and AJ Jenkins picks, I wanted Nick Farley, Robert Quinn or Blaine Gabbert at that time in 2011 and Coby Fleener or Stephen Hill over Jenkins in 2012. So come May 8th, be prepared to be disappointed in the 1st round when the 9ers pick, I fully expect them to move up in the draft and take someone I'd be disappointed with in Kelvin Benjamin, just my opinion though.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Running on a track in your underwear isn't the same thing as running around the football field in pads. Not really arguing one way or another but that's kind of a faulty argument. You can be football fast and slow on the track and vice versa. Track speed doesn't necessarily translate to football speed.

good point about football sped and track speed,tapes or films never lie about a player's speed Evans has SLOW Football speed,Jerry Rice was a prime example of having Slow track speed and Fast football speed.Now Cooks ,Moncreif,Beckham,Lee,Watkins ,Bryant and some others,These guys have Football speed with Pads.
How does someone with over 20 ypc last year have slow football speed? I dont buy that BS one bit.
wow, I can't believe you guys don't like Evans. Did you watch his games? He made Johnny Football. Most of the time Manziel just threw it up and Evans went and got it. Dude is faster than you think, constantly fought through double teams, and made plays. His hands are incredible as well. He showed that at the combine. He is going to make a team (I think he goes to the Ravens) very happy.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
wow, I can't believe you guys don't like Evans. Did you watch his games? He made Johnny Football. Most of the time Manziel just threw it up and Evans went and got it. Dude is faster than you think, constantly fought through double teams, and made plays. His hands are incredible as well. He showed that at the combine. He is going to make a team (I think he goes to the Ravens) very happy.

Agreed, the only knock I can think of for him is his route running other than that everytime there was a big game and a play needing to be made... this was THE guy! Haters need to check out the Bama and Auburn games again, without this guy Manziel isnt even in the conversation of top 5 QBs coming out.
I Like this Guy Mike Evans. He really impressed me ALL YEAR. I just thought he would be out of reach for the 49ers unless they Move way up from #30 to inside 10-15 maybe but that would be a HUGE price that I personally wouldn't be willing to pay. But I do hope he slips some and Lands within 18-20 where we could trade up fairly cheap.