There are 214 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Mike Evans is a very good receiver ,but he is NOT what the niners ned they already have Boldin and Crabtree,possession receivers,here are the guys the 9ers need and they need to draft 2 mreceivers for the FUTURE;Cooks,Moncreif,Beckham,Bryant, and possibly Herron or Richardson these are the Guys the 9ers really need to be zoned in on.Evans just don't have GAME SPEED,I have watched Him and it is not there,His 40 @ the combine doesn't jive with His Game tapes.

I disagree, at his size he is plenty fast to go deep and command a lot of attention and win jump balls, his size and skill set are perfectly designed "to take the top off the defense" not to mention in the red zone. He would be a great addition to our ball club. A little fast guy is a bigger risk of not being used in our offense and of not being effective.
Mike Evans is a very good receiver ,but he is NOT what the niners ned they already have Boldin and Crabtree,possession receivers,here are the guys the 9ers need and they need to draft 2 mreceivers for the FUTURE;Cooks,Moncreif,Beckham,Bryant, and possibly Herron or Richardson these are the Guys the 9ers really need to be zoned in on.Evans just don't have GAME SPEED,I have watched Him and it is not there,His 40 @ the combine doesn't jive with His Game tapes.

I've seen him in person when he balled all over Alabama. He's got the speed and won't be out jumped. Have to disagree with your assessment.
Does this mean Trent is targeting Mike Evans? Not necessarily. I wouldn't read that much into the Niners personally meeting or interacting with any of the top draft prospects. They're just doing their due diligence.
Whichever receiver we pick needs to contribute this year. Our passing game needs help and I know it goes against Harbaugh's philosophy of red shirting rookies and not playing speed guys, but we need an instant impact from the receiver we pick. Speed is not irrelevant, despite what Harbaugh and Roman might think.
I like Evans i really do but i don't want to move up to to the top spots to get him unless he fell to where they got Reid at the 18 spot if he was there then sure go for it but he doesn't really fit the deep down field guy there looking for unless they get that in the 2nd or later rounds.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Mar 5, 2014 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Raul98:
I like Evans i really do but i don't want to move up to get him unless he fell to where about the Niners got Reid at the 18 spot if he was there then sure go for it but he doesn't really fit the deep down field guy there looking for unless they get that in the 2nd or later rounds.

He won't be that low. Probably about #12 at the lowest.
trading up to get him.

#1, a #2 and a #3 to detroit.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Raul98:
I like Evans i really do but i don't want to move up to get him unless he fell to where about the Niners got Reid at the 18 spot if he was there then sure go for it but he doesn't really fit the deep down field guy there looking for unless they get that in the 2nd or later rounds.

He won't be that low. Probably about #12 at the lowest.

If 12 is the lowest I don't want him we have other needs to take care of and there would still be good receivers at 30 or even in the 2nd round.
Don't think they trade up for a position that can't be a starter in year one. The only positions they trade up for is CB or if Whitner goes to greener$ pastures.
Yea Evans won't even start not really a possibility to trade up imo and interesting that Baalke went to Wisconsins pro day
Originally posted by Youngone:

I've seen him in person when he balled all over Alabama. He's got the speed and won't be out jumped. Have to disagree with your assessment.

You seen Him in person right?I saw that Alabama game on TV and I saw the His catches of that game on film,He was Always covered,there was not much seperation and when he did have seperation He was not ABLE to PULL away from the DBs,the one play He scored that td was on a bad angle by the DB,what Evans is is a chain mover that is what he is and a very damn good chain mover(see Crabtree and Boldin) Moncreif is NOT a fast small guy ,H ehas the speed to take the top off of defenses and he does go over the middle,if I had to choose between the 2,Moncreif ALL Day EVERY Day Spped ,Size And Toughness.
Did everyone forget already? If we meet with a prospect that means we ain't drafting him!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Did everyone forget already? If we meet with a prospect that means we ain't drafting him!

That has a lot of truth,Look at WHO the 9ers or those in the know ARE NOT talking about.I don't mind drafting Evans,but I think there are other wideouts in the draft that are a better fit then what we already have,,,,one other note,pleas don.t draft the USC guy,he has bust/injury written all over him.
That has a lot of truth,Look at WHO the 9ers or those in the know ARE NOT talking about.I don't mind drafting Evans,but I think there are other wideouts in the draft that are a better fit then what we already have,,,,one other note,pleas don.t draft the USC guy,he has bust/injury written all over him.

Marquise Lee? he has a huge question mark and USC receivers has had a bad history, but I think he is what we are looking for imo and is possible to grab him without trading up too high.
Speed with bad routes! An adult sized version of AJ Jenkins. I'll pass.