There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

Would need to fall a bit to be worth the trade up in a draft this deep, IMO. Be nice to have a RZ threat, though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,677
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

Trade up 2.0? #49ers meet with Texas A&M's Mike Evans.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/03/05/trade-up-2-0-49ers-meet-with-texas-ams-mike-evans/
He knows how to use his big size. I would grab him in a heartbeat if he slips past 10.
Can't see us moving up from 1-14

Maybe 15-20 range?
What is the comparisons and contrasts with Evans, Benjamin and Martavious Bryant?
Originally posted by socalniner:
He knows how to use his big size. I would grab him in a heartbeat if he slips past 10.

hell yes, grab him immediately
It sounds like the guy projects early-to-mid first. If you're interested in drafting the guy, why would you inflate his value by having an individual meeting?

Classic Baalke smokescreen.
I think we need to use last year's trade up to #18 to get Reid as a gauge of what Baalke's likely to do. Trading up past #15 or so would be very expensive and could jeopardize other moves he wants to make to get the key guys on their draft board.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
It sounds like the guy projects early-to-mid first. If you're interested in drafting the guy, why would you inflate his value by having an individual meeting?

Classic Baalke smokescreen.

we will draft an injured 3rd round prospect instead
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
It sounds like the guy projects early-to-mid first. If you're interested in drafting the guy, why would you inflate his value by having an individual meeting?

Classic Baalke smokescreen.

we will draft an injured 3rd round prospect instead

bench for a season
trade to Chiefs for a 4th round pick
???
profit
Smokescreen
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Yeah, Evans will go top 10 potentially though which may be out of the range we're willing to trade up to. Benjamin would also require trading up, but we would give up less. I'm just surprised Benjamin was saying he could run a 4.3 when he clearly can't.

Don't think so. According to this board there are 75 players all getting drafted in the top ten. There are way too many qb prospects, and offensive lineman prospects for two WR's to go that high. Not to mention Evans isn't even the top prospect at his position. This draft is very deep. Very good players will drop, teams will trade up for qb's etc. Evans will make it past ten.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Don't think so. According to this board there are 75 players all getting drafted in the top ten. There are way too many qb prospects, and offensive lineman prospects for two WR's to go that high. Not to mention Evans isn't even the top prospect at his position. This draft is very deep. Very good players will drop, teams will trade up for qb's etc. Evans will make it past ten.

I would not be so sure and would not be shocked if he comes off the board somewhere between 8 and 13. If Watkins comes off the board somewhere in the first 7 picks, Evans could go to Buffalo or Detroit. Other teams could look to move in front of both by trading up to 8. If he slips past 10 St.Louis at 13 is also a potential landing spot, thus someone may look to move ahead of them.
Mike Evans is a very good receiver ,but he is NOT what the niners ned they already have Boldin and Crabtree,possession receivers,here are the guys the 9ers need and they need to draft 2 mreceivers for the FUTURE;Cooks,Moncreif,Beckham,Bryant, and possibly Herron or Richardson these are the Guys the 9ers really need to be zoned in on.Evans just don't have GAME SPEED,I have watched Him and it is not there,His 40 @ the combine doesn't jive with His Game tapes.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Mike Evans is a very good receiver ,but he is NOT what the niners ned they already have Boldin and Crabtree,possession receivers,here are the guys the 9ers need and they need to draft 2 mreceivers for the FUTURE;Cooks,Moncreif,Beckham,Bryant, and possibly Herron or Richardson these are the Guys the 9ers really need to be zoned in on.Evans just don't have GAME SPEED,I have watched Him and it is not there,His 40 @ the combine doesn't jive with His Game tapes.

I am of this thinking as well. Top CB/S (esp. if they have dynamic return abilities) and Moncrief in the 2nd (to develop for a year).