There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Evans WR Texas A&M

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Evans is a top 10 pick, no way we have a chance for him.

we're trading up to #10 with the lions if he's there.

no way. lions would take him since they need another receiver

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Evans would be awesome, but I don't see Baalke trading up that far to get him. Fortunately, there are a number of excellent WR's in this draft. My guy is Matthews, because he's got the size, speed, and is the all-time leading SEC receiver. His body of work is unrivaled...and it mystifies me why he's not ranked higher. Still, he'd be a great addition to our WR corps.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I've heard Lee compared to Victor Cruz some. I agree Lee should be available late in the 1st, I'm just having a hard time determining how much the 49ers would be interested. He would fit the bill as a speedy playmaking type, and he gives great effort on the field, but his durability raises questions. He clearly was not healthy this past season.

It seems to me they have an an interest in adding at least one of the following to their WR corps: 1) a tall receiver, 2) a speed receiver

I'm curious how serious they could be about moving up to snag a player like Mike Evans (or.. CB Justin Gilbert)

I feel these are the two guys we should be targeting to move up for. I like the idea of Evans being groomed by Boldin and he compliments Crabtree well long term. Gilbert gives us a prototype cd that has the physical tools to match up with anyone and the ability to put points on the board for our diffense.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Evans is a top 10 pick, no way we have a chance for him.

we're trading up to #10 with the lions if he's there.

no way. lions would take him since they need another receiver

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Evans would be awesome, but I don't see Baalke trading up that far to get him. Fortunately, there are a number of excellent WR's in this draft. My guy is Matthews, because he's got the size, speed, and is the all-time leading SEC receiver. His body of work is unrivaled...and it mystifies me why he's not ranked higher. Still, he'd be a great addition to our WR corps.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I've heard Lee compared to Victor Cruz some. I agree Lee should be available late in the 1st, I'm just having a hard time determining how much the 49ers would be interested. He would fit the bill as a speedy playmaking type, and he gives great effort on the field, but his durability raises questions. He clearly was not healthy this past season.

It seems to me they have an an interest in adding at least one of the following to their WR corps: 1) a tall receiver, 2) a speed receiver

I'm curious how serious they could be about moving up to snag a player like Mike Evans (or.. CB Justin Gilbert)

I feel these are the two guys we should be targeting to move up for. I like the idea of Evans being groomed by Boldin and he compliments Crabtree well long term. Gilbert gives us a prototype cd that has the physical tools to match up with anyone and the ability to put points on the board for our diffense.
Lions just added Golden Tate, so maybe no need for Evans any more. Only downside is they are probably looking at Gilbert now.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Lions just added Golden Tate, so maybe no need for Evans any more. Only downside is they are probably looking at Gilbert now.

Mike Evans won't make it to the Lions anyway he will be gone by #9 Buffalo Bills bro
Originally posted by scooterhd:

Mike Evans won't make it to the Lions anyway he will be gone by #9 Buffalo Bills bro
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

manuel will be happy with evans and woods for the next few years
Originally posted by Zachary:
i will put on record that i 100% dont want Mike Evans. I honestly don't see what you guys see, I guess. I'll pass 10/10 times.

i love his ball skills, he can be effective in the right system. i'd take him 10/10 times. makes it look easy out there
  • DeUh
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Zachary:
i will put on record that i 100% dont want Mike Evans. I honestly don't see what you guys see, I guess. I'll pass 10/10 times.

i love his ball skills, he can be effective in the right system. i'd take him 10/10 times. makes it look easy out there

279 yrds. vs. Alabama. 287 yrds. vs. Auburn. 12 td with a 20.2 yrds avg per reception last season in the SEC.
Any words on how his pro day went today?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:

he caught a bunch of easy passes. it was manziel oriented. no word on drill and times.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't want Evans either and I sure hope they don't trade up to get him too. You never know what the 9ers or Baalke and Harbaugh is gonna do, they've been known to trade up for players us fans never want, Aldon Smith, AJ Jenkins (even they didn't trade up, us fans did not want him) and lastly Eric Reid. Even though I wanted Eric Reid, I can honestly say I was unhappy with the Aldon Smith and AJ Jenkins picks, I wanted Nick Farley, Robert Quinn or Blaine Gabbert at that time in 2011 and Coby Fleener or Stephen Hill over Jenkins in 2012. So come May 8th, be prepared to be disappointed in the 1st round when the 9ers pick, I fully expect them to move up in the draft and take someone I'd be disappointed with in Kelvin Benjamin, just my opinion though.

We won't get Evans for one reason. The Front Office will not pick a WR, in round #1. Two failed #1 round WRs so close together would bring on too much criticism. The intensity would be much lower selecting a WR with high #2 pick.

While most FOs don't run everything on politics/PR, they are not devoid of such considerations.

Gil Brandt at the NFL website is reported as opining that Mike Evans has the best hands he's seen since Calvin Johnson. Brandt suggests better rookie numbers for Evan over Watkins and might be or should be the first receiver picked.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't want Evans either and I sure hope they don't trade up to get him too. You never know what the 9ers or Baalke and Harbaugh is gonna do, they've been known to trade up for players us fans never want, Aldon Smith, AJ Jenkins (even they didn't trade up, us fans did not want him) and lastly Eric Reid. Even though I wanted Eric Reid, I can honestly say I was unhappy with the Aldon Smith and AJ Jenkins picks, I wanted Nick Farley, Robert Quinn or Blaine Gabbert at that time in 2011 and Coby Fleener or Stephen Hill over Jenkins in 2012. So come May 8th, be prepared to be disappointed in the 1st round when the 9ers pick, I fully expect them to move up in the draft and take someone I'd be disappointed with in Kelvin Benjamin, just my opinion though.

We won't get Evans for one reason. The Front Office will not pick a WR, in round #1. Two failed #1 round WRs so close together would bring on too much criticism. The intensity would be much lower selecting a WR with high #2 pick.

While most FOs don't run everything on politics/PR, they are not devoid of such considerations.

Failing at any position in the 1st round so soon after the Jenkins fiasco will invite as much or nearly as much criticism as another failure in the same position.
Originally posted by OldJoe:

Just don't see this as an argument. This team has a hugely successful draft record. Every team has busted first rounders.

Criticism might sting a little, but with this team's record of late Baalke can just laugh at it. Not like he is elected.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Gil Brandt at the NFL website is reported as opining that Mike Evans has the best hands he's seen since Calvin Johnson. Brandt suggests better rookie numbers for Evan over Watkins and might be or should be the first receiver picked.

I told my friend a while back that I would have a hard time picking between Watkins and Evans if I had the choice.