There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

College Football Week 1 Watch List(Early version)

Sammy Watkins is something special. Would be ecstatic if the niners get him
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
umm....I think its safe to add WR Christian Jones*, Alabama to a watchlist? lol, 2nd return TD

He had 3 TDs tonight I believe. Didn't see them, but what's his projected 40 time SunDevil?
McDowell is showing off as an inside runner, more physical than his predecessor

I'm liking Shatley's play, noticed him several times excelling at run blocking. However in pass coverage there was just an awful switch between Shatley and the OT giving up pressure on Boyd

Arthur Lynch just liked as FB and threw a monster block on MLB to spring the actual FB. And then next play Lynch whiffs on a block

I like Beasley's burst off the snap but Murray is letting the ball out before Beasley can do anything

For the first time I'm seeing Murray's height as a potential issue, only 6'1. Pass was tipped but still had the velocity to make it to the WR

Murray doesn't run fast, but good decision to scramble for a couple of yards there.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
umm....I think its safe to add WR Christian Jones*, Alabama to a watchlist? lol, 2nd return TD

He had 3 TDs tonight I believe. Didn't see them, but what's his projected 40 time SunDevil?

I'd say he looked like 4.45 out there

With the ball in has hands though he runs like a RB, on one of the return TDs he shrugged off 2 arm tackles and had some good shuffle.

On his reception TD he simply just sprinted right behind the coverage guy who totally underestimated his speed.
wow, great throw on the run by Murray

That was Beasley's pass rush that killed the pocket
great blocking on the edge by Lynch on the goal line TD run

Sammy Watkins just drew a pass interference with a real savy play, lol

Vic Beasleywith a monster sack, he looks really good. The ball has just been leaving Murray before he can get there
McDowell still running tough

ESPN just said 22 nfl scouts at the game, lol.

Boyd just threw an interception dropped by the defender

Murray sacked and fumbled, should have held onto that....poor ball protection.

Great run by Boyd on the goal line to score, set up by Brandon Thomas's blocking
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Sammy Watkins is something special. Would be ecstatic if the niners get him

They were saying he was injured a bit last year. That would make a lot of sense; he looked much stronger & sharper today than he did last season.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
They were saying he was injured a bit last year. That would make a lot of sense; he looked much stronger & sharper today than he did last season.

Yes, he had an intestinal issue that also worked its way to his kidneys. Doctors were actually worried that he might go into renal failure at one point. He was not able to get back into the shape once that bug hit him and he was hospitalized in the early middle portion of last season. He also did not get to practice with Boyd in the offseason like Deandre Hopkins did due to the community service he got for being busted. He definitely is in great shape once again and has his burst back. That TD play was insane. He showed his strength to break the tackle and then pulled away from several defenders who had the angle on him and would have tackled a normal human.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Sammy Watkins is something special. Would be ecstatic if the niners get him

indeed.
Just saw what Manziel did, he is clearly a coddled punk. Rich coddled punk. Bumping and sliding by your HC, acting like it's all about himself, he is a problem child. I hope to god whoever gets him in the NFL has a good Front Office. Cause this kid will be a reck. He will the 1st to want to sign over the rookie scale.

I may be the only one on this, but I would sit his ass, make an example out of him. If this was a real job and he did that, he would of been suspended, or disciplined. All he is cocky, arrogant, and a punk.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Just saw what Manziel did, he is clearly a coddled punk. Rich coddled punk. Bumping and sliding by your HC, acting like it's all about himself, he is a problem child. I hope to god whoever gets him in the NFL has a good Front Office. Cause this kid will be a reck. He will the 1st to want to sign over the rookie scale.

I may be the only one on this, but I would sit his ass, make an example out of him. If this was a real job and he did that, he would of been suspended, or disciplined. All he is cocky, arrogant, and a punk.


I've strenuously defended him but he didn't even need a whole game to make a fool out of me, the fans, and the entire A&M organization. To be honest the ball signing thing was not a big deal to me. He was being taunted, and he acted out irrationally, but his entire demeanor was just so grossly arrogant. Even when he wasn't in the game.

Texas A&M created this monster, and now they've got to deal with it. I wouldn't have a problem with them benching him, but lets be honest that will never happen. The next thing he does will have to be bad enough to get him kicked off the team.


Manziel looks like the alpha dog on the team. Him, Mike Evans, and Ben Melena are best friends. His attitude could fracture the team. The worst part about this is that A&Ms offense is the real deal without Manziel. Matt Joeckel looked like a pro in the first half.

We'll see...
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Just saw what Manziel did, he is clearly a coddled punk. Rich coddled punk. Bumping and sliding by your HC, acting like it's all about himself, he is a problem child. I hope to god whoever gets him in the NFL has a good Front Office. Cause this kid will be a reck. He will the 1st to want to sign over the rookie scale.

I may be the only one on this, but I would sit his ass, make an example out of him. If this was a real job and he did that, he would of been suspended, or disciplined. All he is cocky, arrogant, and a punk.


I've strenuously defended him but he didn't even need a whole game to make a fool out of me, the fans, and the entire A&M organization. To be honest the ball signing thing was not a big deal to me. He was being taunted, and he acted out irrationally, but his entire demeanor was just so grossly arrogant. Even when he wasn't in the game. Texas A&M created this monster, and now they've got to deal with it. I wouldn't have a problem with them benching him, but lets be honest that will never happen. The next thing he does will have to be bad enough to get him kicked off the team. Manziel looks like the alpha dog on the team. Him, Mike Evans, and Ben Melena are best friends. His attitude could fracture the team. The worst part about this is that A&Ms offense is the real deal without Manziel. Matt Joeckel looked like a pro in the first half. Will see...

Yeah totally. Question does Sumlin have the balls to bench him a game, and I mean a real game Not a cupcake game. If he does this to an Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc... team, then s**t gets real really fast.

I liked Manziel as a prospect, but seeing him in past months, I dont want to see us take him. We wouldn't need a distraction. Not saying we need to draft a QB, I am behind Kap and Daniels as our future 1-2.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Yeah totally. Question does Sumlin have the balls to bench him a game, and I mean a real game Not a cupcake game. If he does this to an Alabama, LSU, Florida, etc... team, then s**t gets real really fast.

I liked Manziel as a prospect, but seeing him in past months, I dont want to see us take him. We wouldn't need a distraction. Not saying we need to draft a QB, I am behind Kap and Daniels as our future 1-2.

Yea I like Daniels. I think he can only get better and he already function really well in the offense.

I liked Manziel as a prospect too. His first play of the game he darts up the center, and the LB had him by a mile, but Manziel just took it to another level to turn the corner for a 15yrd gain. I'm more worried about his ability to operate in the pocket. He just doesn't even try to be a traditional pocket passer. If he can't answer that question along with the question of his arm strength I wouldn't even pick him in the first 3 rounds.

Sumlin and the A&M AD lived by Manziel now they're most likely going to die by Manziel. Think about it. Aggie nation wants a championship, and anything less is failure to nth degree. If Sumlin benches Manziel in one of those big games, and they lose, he doesn't live it down. Fans don't understand higher moral judgements. They understand wins. People don't give you money for exercising higher morals. They give you money for championships. A&M will live by Manziel or die by him.
no homo but....brett hundley if we didnt already have the kap-tinator...then i would be all in for this kid