LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

College Football Week 1 Watch List(Early version)

umm....I think its safe to add WR Christian Jones*, Alabama to a watchlist? lol, 2nd return TD
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Kyshoen Jarrett made a great play, tackle behind LOS
Kyle Fuller comes up with the huge int
Alabama front 7 is terrorizing VTech though

Fuller has been huge. I rewatched a couple of his coverages. He's physically imposing and has good footwork.

Yea the front 4 our keeping Depriest and Mosley clean. I don't think Vteach can keep Thomas clean without 7 in protection.
Sunseri with a great KO tackle, earlier had a pick 6.

Hubbard with a great pass rush with his hand down on the snap, dipped his shoulder and easily slipped behind the OT.

Bama's LT called for a stupid hold

VT's right DE Dadi Nicolas, RS Sophmore, having a great game
Originally posted by eonblue:
Fuller has been huge. I rewatched a couple of his coverages. He's physically imposing and has good footwork.

Yea the front 4 our keeping Depriest and Mosley clean. I don't think Vteach can keep Thomas clean without 7 in protection.

Yeah Fuller looks great out there

edit: flipped it to the Auburn - Wash St game since Bama is at halftime. Don't look now but Mike Leach's offense is clicking
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM ]
Watched the TAM game. 52 AM to 31 Rice.

Mike Evans TAM #13S WR 6'5 235 with 6recs for 84yards 2td

Ricky Seals-Jones TAM #9 FR WR 6'5 225 3recs for 86 and 1td.

I realize neither of them are eligible but just throwing it out there. These guys looks like the real deal especially Seals-Jones. He's very athletic for his size.

Manziel #16 Junior was 6/8 for 94yard and 3td. He took 2 sacks. I realize sacks happen but these were his fault. He sets in pocket. A little forwards step would give him the second he needs to avoid the sack. Maybe it was just first game jitters but he's going to have to exercise more pocket awareness.

Matt Joeckel came on for the 1st half and he was exceptional. It was truly a contrast of styles. Joeckel was able to pass the ball down the field with ease. He made some really good throws, and he was able to utilize those 2 massive receivers. I enjoyed watching him run the offense much more than Manziel and I hope he decided to stay his SR year.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
Bamas corners #10 Fulton and #13 Belue are really the ones responsible for the lack of production on the receiving end. Thomas has been able to air it out a couple of times but those two have been attached to the WRs. Excellent man coverage.

Christion Jones Alabama #22 with his 3rd TD. 1 PR 1 KO 1REC. He was in man coverage by #27 and he just did a quick go route to the promise land.

Clinton-Dix Alabama #6 hasn't been tested deep. He's been great when moving up into the box but then the front 7 has made his job easy. He's missed 2 interceptions. The 1st one may have been out of his reach but the 2nd hit him in the chest.

Kyler Fuller #17 has been incredible. He has shut down any receiver thrown his way. Amari Cooper Alabama #9 has been touted as one of the best WRs in the country but he has been rendered ineffective when Fuller mans him.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]
Fuller is having a great game, but how about Christian Jones? Geeze!

about to switch over to Clemson - Georgia

QB - Tajh Boyd, Clemson, #10
RB - Roderick McDowell, Clemson, #25
WR - Sammy Watkins*, Clemson, #2
OG Brandon Thomas, Clemson, #63
OG Tyler Shatley, Clemson, #62
CB Damian Swann*, Georgia #5

QB – Aaron Murray, Georgia, #11
C David Andrews*, Georgia, #61
TE Arthur Lynch, Georgia, #88
OG Chris Burnette*, Georgia, #68
WR Malcolm Mitchell*, Georgia, #26
DE/OLB - Vic Beasley*, Clemson, #3
Sammy Watkins with a great catch and showing off some special route running, threw some good blocks too.

Boyd showing off his athleticism

McDowell made a great cut back showing some vision, is running tough

On Gurley's big run it was Burnette who pulled and helped set it up knocking off the edge corner. Lynch was also throwing a block to open it up

And holy s**t Watkins speed is back!!!!! Boyd had a great throw to get it to him with a dart, changed the throwing motion to get it to him
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM ]
Watkins with a big td
Watkins is slowly becoming my top WR. I like him a lot.

Boyd my number 2 QB.

Murray, my 7th QB, is moving up.

Sick of Manziel and his childish moves.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

Give props to @ECStoner. He is the only guy I've seen with Boyd as top senior QB other than myself.
Gurley is hurt, heading into locker room. Looked like his chest, or ribs, not sure to be honest. Just turned the game on.
Murray threw a great 30 yard pass deep, WR was too slow

Murray is definitely a tempo WR, like Herb said, I think thats a positive for the NFL, but you want to see what happens when they face pressure.

Murray is killing it with accuracy and touch right now, smart QB. Murray tried to squeeze it in on the backshoulder of a WR but CB read it and almost picked it off

WR Mitchell is hurt, out for the game....
Originally posted by Jcool:

Give props to @ECStoner. He is the only guy I've seen with Boyd as top senior QB other than myself.

lol, lots of people rank Boyd as the top senior QB
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Jcool:

lol, lots of people rank Boyd as the top senior QB

Yep, I have Teddy, a Junior 1st, and Boyd a senior 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone