LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Allen Robinson, Penn St. - WR

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My #6 WR, 2nd rounder

If you like him, check out Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss. 6-3 220lbs, was on fire 2nd half the year, lit up LSU's D.

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My #6 WR, 2nd rounder

If you like him, check out Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss. 6-3 220lbs, was on fire 2nd half the year, lit up LSU's D.

Agreed. I've been on the Moncrief bandwagon for a long time now. Matthews had the much better game when they went head to head, but Moncrief is bigger & accelerates better & seems more fluid in his movements. He's my #1 diamond-in-the-rough prospect right now.
Very physical, the kind of wr we need! Had a good game today, made some tough catches.

I would be so satisfied with this guy in the 2nd.
I'm just not too hype about dude. Just doesn't look like he'll be explosive at the next level for some reason.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm just not too hype about dude. Just doesn't look like he'll be explosive at the next level for some reason.

Check out the play at 1:10. That is a play someone like Corradelle Patterson makes.

[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Jan 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM ]
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Penn-State-WR-Allen-Robinson-Is-a-Name-to-Know-/e0ca493f-541c-4b9c-b527-9b10e665b1a4
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I really like this kid. He reminds me of a taller/faster version of Quinton Patton. He seems to move well in space as well. What does everyone else think of him?

This dude reminds me of AJ Jenkins. Go look at his highlights from Illinois. Carbon Copy.
I want this guy.. first round
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

So do I. But I'm worried the Panthers will pick him up ahead of us in the draft.

Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

So do I. But I'm worried the Panthers will pick him up ahead of us in the draft.

probably. I bet he does awesome at the combine and is the 3-4th WR taken.
I would like to trade up for Mike Evans. If not i would take Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry in that order.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1944924-2014-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions/page/31

I like the sound of this guy.
Another receiver we won't throw to or even look at. We might as well fix the secondary. We will have some FA defections and salary cap casualties. Develop a Legion of Boom secondary and we win the Super Bowl.

Is he pretty good? Yeah. Would he be used on this team? No.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Another receiver we won't throw to or even look at. We might as well fix the secondary. We will have some FA defections and salary cap casualties. Develop a Legion of Boom secondary and we win the Super Bowl.

Is he pretty good? Yeah. Would he be used on this team? No.

While not a huge Robinson fan, the argument that we don't need a WR is incorrect. Also, you don't just randomly develop a legion of boom. No more than you could say "let's just draft the next Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson, and then we win the SB."

Also Kaep is young and developing. He showed progress in going through his progressions and spreading the ball around once his weapons came back. He'll continue to develop from the pocket and will need additional weapons soon.
Share 49ersWebzone