There are 333 users in the forums

Dri Archer-WR/RB/KR/PR/Pure Beast Mode-Kent State

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Guy would instantly have the smallest hamstrings in the NFL at RB, he can succeed as returner and possibly a slot WR but no way in hell is he an NFL RB. Compare him to MJD. Archer has bigger biceps than quadraceps, how is that even possible?

Not sure any team would ever draft him as a pure RB; slot WR, KR and PR more likely.

late round pick imo not an everydown player, small & injuries in the next level

Not necessarily. Could easily be a mid-round pick; comps very closely to former 2nd rounder Dexter McCluster (who hasn't missed a game in 3 years) in terms of size, speed and skill sets.

I understand but this kid has had injuries in NOT a big school is a ? for me. McCluster was SEC

There's no correlation between size and injuries...that's a myth with no data behind it. Some of the biggest guys on the field struggle to stay healthy while some of the smallest guys can play years without any significant injuries.

Yes I agree like Cooks has been productive and healthy while this kid has been injured is my point
He looks like a good prospect for KR/PR and a change of pace back. I like him. What round do you think he will go in?
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Guy would instantly have the smallest hamstrings in the NFL at RB, he can succeed as returner and possibly a slot WR but no way in hell is he an NFL RB. Compare him to MJD. Archer has bigger biceps than quadraceps, how is that even possible?

Not sure any team would ever draft him as a pure RB; slot WR, KR and PR more likely.

late round pick imo not an everydown player, small & injuries in the next level

Not necessarily. Could easily be a mid-round pick; comps very closely to former 2nd rounder Dexter McCluster (who hasn't missed a game in 3 years) in terms of size, speed and skill sets.

I understand but this kid has had injuries in NOT a big school is a ? for me. McCluster was SEC

There's no correlation between size and injuries...that's a myth with no data behind it. Some of the biggest guys on the field struggle to stay healthy while some of the smallest guys can play years without any significant injuries.

Yes I agree like Cooks has been productive and healthy while this kid has been injured is my point

Exactly. It's a case-by-case basis.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He looks like a good prospect for KR/PR and a change of pace back. I like him. What round do you think he will go in?

He's too short, you wouldn't be interested.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He's too short, you wouldn't be interested.

Yeah he is but I can live with that for KR/PR and maybe a slot guy conversion or a change of pace RB.
Originally posted by dlance:
He is fast but ya I don't know. Who is he playing against. he is not playing against USC or Oklahoma. So it is hard to tell what he will be like against faster players. If they take him in the 6th or 7th great I'm all for it. I hope they draft a WR way before that, Like maybe the first or second round. I would like them to draft more then 1 WR. For fast WR I like Brandin Cooks or Brandon Carter they both look fast really fast and they played against the USCs and Oklahoma's and still looked fast. Cook mite not even make it to there first round pick so who know what will happen.

This may not sound like much, but speed is speed. There may be faster guys at the top tier schools, but it doesn't mean they will be able to catch him. What school did TY Hilton attend?
Official time is 4.26 for the 40.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
4.26 YOWZZAAAAAA
The Seahawks invested alot for Percy Harvin. Its going to be scary to think what they will do with Harvin, Marshawn, and Russell next year.

True Elite speed can make that much of a difference when playing an elite defense, who is already athletic and fast themselves.

If they are going to have Harvin, then IMO we need to try to get this guy... I'm not saying NFL WR Harvin = Rookie RB Archer. But I'd love to have his speed on our offense. And the fact that he played RB, can hopefully show that he is tough. I saw on a couple occasions, him breaking arm tackles in those highlight videos.

to be honest with you, I wouldn't mind giving up a second (not draft pick)...1/10th of second on his 40time, if he gained some muscle.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM ]

Originally posted by Afrikan:
The Seahawks invested alot for Percy Harvin. Its going to be scary to think what they will do with Harvin, Marshawn, and Russell next year.

True Elite speed can make that much of a difference when playing an elite defense, who is already athletic and fast themselves.

If they are going to have Harvin, then IMO we need to try to get this guy... I'm not saying NFL WR Harvin = Rookie RB Archer. But I'd love to have his speed on our offense. And the fact that he played RB, can hopefully show that he is tough. I saw on a couple occasions, him breaking arm tackles in those highlight videos.

to be honest with you, I wouldn't mind giving up a second on his 40time, if he gained some muscle.

Yup and we need some more speed on our offense. Add him and Cooks and you can really scare some teams with that speed. Both guys were really productive in college too, although of course Archer played against lesser competition.

to be honest with you, I wouldn't mind giving up a second on his 40time, if he gained some muscle.
Second round pick? Come on. I'm totally on the bandwagon, but you don't draft him in the 2nd just because of that 40, no matter how ridiculously fast. If anything he went from 7th/UDFA to maybe 4th/5th at the earliest.

A second or a tenth of a second? Cause a 5.26 RB wouldn't cut it, but a 4.36 is still fast.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Second round pick? Come on. I'm totally on the bandwagon, but you don't draft him in the 2nd just because of that 40, no matter how ridiculously fast. If anything he went from 7th/UDFA to maybe 4th/5th at the earliest.

lol... I meant .10th of a second on his 4.26 40time...so if he gained some muscle and could still run at least 4.36 or under....I'd be fine with that.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

He meant a second on his 40.........like, if he adds bulk and loses just a little bit of speed, it'd be a good tradeoff.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone