There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dri Archer-WR/RB/KR/PR/Pure Beast Mode-Kent State

He is fast but ya I don't know. Who is he playing against. he is not playing against USC or Oklahoma. So it is hard to tell what he will be like against faster players. If they take him in the 6th or 7th great I'm all for it. I hope they draft a WR way before that, Like maybe the first or second round. I would like them to draft more then 1 WR. For fast WR I like Brandin Cooks or Brandon Carter they both look fast really fast and they played against the USCs and Oklahoma's and still looked fast. Cook mite not even make it to there first round pick so who know what will happen.
Originally posted by dlance:
He is fast but ya I don't know. Who is he playing against. he is not playing against USC or Oklahoma. So it is hard to tell what he will be like against faster players. If they take him in the 6th or 7th great I'm all for it. I hope they draft a WR way before that, Like maybe the first or second round. I would like them to draft more then 1 WR. For fast WR I like Brandin Cooks or Brandon Carter they both look fast really fast and they played against the USCs and Oklahoma's and still looked fast. Cook mite not even make it to there first round pick so who know what will happen.

That type of speed is still that type of speed no matter the competition. The guy is short...that's about it. Chris Johnson didn't exactly face the toughest competition and he did ok before getting lazy.

Certainly worth drafting mid-late rounds just to improve special teams.
Lets draft this guy in the 4th or 5th and trade LMJ. LMJ does not want to be a Niner (I think he forgot that he fumbled in the SUPERBOWL) and Roman cant figure out how to throw a screen pass so it works out. Bring in Archer and just tell him up front he will never touch the ball on offense no matter what and he is just a return man and thats it.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by dlance:
He is fast but ya I don't know. Who is he playing against. he is not playing against USC or Oklahoma. So it is hard to tell what he will be like against faster players. If they take him in the 6th or 7th great I'm all for it. I hope they draft a WR way before that, Like maybe the first or second round. I would like them to draft more then 1 WR. For fast WR I like Brandin Cooks or Brandon Carter they both look fast really fast and they played against the USCs and Oklahoma's and still looked fast. Cook mite not even make it to there first round pick so who know what will happen.

That type of speed is still that type of speed no matter the competition. The guy is short...that's about it. Chris Johnson didn't exactly face the toughest competition and he did ok before getting lazy.

Certainly worth drafting mid-late rounds just to improve special teams.

I 100 % agree with you about Chris Johnson. And, your right speed is speed But you are comparing him to a guy that supposedly ran a 4.24 40 is 5'11 200 pound and was draft 24th over all. So are you say he is a first rounder and the 49er should draft him in the first round. Jacoby Ford is fast, so is Dexter McCluster. I think they are a better comparison. If they draft him in the later rounds great I'm happy with that. 6th round sure take him. I just hope they draft 1 or 2 WR before the 6th round and if they do I'm not sure there is a spot for him to play. If they trade LaMichael James there is a spot for him???
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
now that we're all in love with him, the seahawks will get him.

They already have Harvin and spent $67 million plus 3 draft picks to get him. They are not going to need Archer. They will need to replace Sidney Rice instead.
Archer would make a good 4th/5th WR and return specialist, so a 6th would be the highest I'd go for him. Maybe a late 5th at best if he has a fantastic workout/combine.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 6, 2014 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by dlance:
I 100 % agree with you about Chris Johnson. And, your right speed is speed But you are comparing him to a guy that supposedly ran a 4.24 40 is 5'11 200 pound and was draft 24th over all. So are you say he is a first rounder and the 49er should draft him in the first round. Jacoby Ford is fast, so is Dexter McCluster. I think they are a better comparison. If they draft him in the later rounds great I'm happy with that. 6th round sure take him. I just hope they draft 1 or 2 WR before the 6th round and if they do I'm not sure there is a spot for him to play. If they trade LaMichael James there is a spot for him???

Not at all. Just saying I expect him to go higher than the 7th round. I'd be just fine drafting him in the 5th round, anything lower is an added bonus. I'm also not saying Archer should be counted on as a receiver and we most certainly take someone before him. I'd like to see Allen Robinson/Jordan Matthews and Bruce Ellington both go before we take Archer. I see him basically being a huge help to our return game but since the returner is active for the game he can certainly help from time to time on offense.

And yes I think we trade James. Guy is flapping his mouth and we haven't been able to use him properly anyways.
Originally posted by genus49:
Not at all. Just saying I expect him to go higher than the 7th round. I'd be just fine drafting him in the 5th round, anything lower is an added bonus. I'm also not saying Archer should be counted on as a receiver and we most certainly take someone before him. I'd like to see Allen Robinson/Jordan Matthews and Bruce Ellington both go before we take Archer. I see him basically being a huge help to our return game but since the returner is active for the game he can certainly help from time to time on offense.

And yes I think we trade James. Guy is flapping his mouth and we haven't been able to use him properly anyways.

If they Trade James? Archer would be great to add for the Return game and if he can help on Offense that would be bonus. Trading James will suck because I think they will be turning a second round pick into a trade for a 6th or 7th.
[ Edited by dlance on Feb 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM ]
20 reps on the bench at 173 pounds, so far so good at the Combine.


[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
20 reps on the bench at 173 pounds, so far so good at the Combine.




And he says he's going to break the record for 40 yard dash. Has supposedly been timed at 4.21 before. Dude might go from a late round pick to a third/fourth round guy.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
And he says he's going to break the record for 40 yard dash. Has supposedly been timed at 4.21 before. Dude might go from a late round pick to a third/fourth round guy.

If he can be a quality KR/PR and change of pace back as well as deep threat at receiver, he'd be well worth it.
  • pfizz
  • Member
  • Posts: 171
omfg might be the fastest player on a football field ive ever seen. the guy has insane speed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
20 reps on the bench at 173 pounds, so far so good at the Combine.



That's pretty damn impressive.
Guy would instantly have the smallest hamstrings in the NFL at RB, he can succeed as returner and possibly a slot WR but no way in hell is he an NFL RB. Compare him to MJD. Archer has bigger biceps than quadraceps, how is that even possible?
It's a great idea. However we have a guy like this. His name is LaMichael and we never use him.