There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dri Archer-WR/RB/KR/PR/Pure Beast Mode-Kent State

LeRoy Vann
Ugh not more draft a midget WR talk!!!!!!! When will it ever end ???? Lol
welp, obviously he wasn't fully recovered from his injury, I don't think he played many snaps before he was pulled, doesn't sound like he'll play this week either, I hope he doesn't have injuries all year
people can knock on the midget receivers all they want but even Boldin couldn't get open last night! It's gonna take guys like this, Welker and Tavon Austin to find the holes and get open against SEA
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
people can knock on the midget receivers all they want but even Boldin couldn't get open last night! It's gonna take guys like this, Welker and Tavon Austin to find the holes and get open against SEA

This. I'm very amused by those obsessed with "big WR's." To me, quickness and football skill are by far the most important parameters to look at. You can't defend what you can't touch or keep up with. If there's anything this team lacks, its speed on offense. I guarantee you if they added a couple high-speed, deep threats, guys who are homerun threats, Seattle would have a far more difficult time defending against those types then a couple big WR's that aren't as quick and their defensive backs can easily get their hands on and hold all the way down the field.

A defense like that, you really have to spread out. You need at least one true deep threat, not Kyle Williams, but a super speedy guy who can take the top of the defense, that will force Thomas to stay back, not allow him to cheat and move in to help their #2 CB, whether Browner or Thurmond with coverage on the other wide receiver. Meanwhile Sherman has shown he can handle pretty much any wide receiver and shut down his side of the field. If you can keep Thomas back, it really affects their gameplan and how they like to bunch up their defensive backs in the middle of the field.

You line up 3 WR's, 1 deep guy to keep Thomas occupied, one guy who Sherman will focus on, and then another WR who hopefully can gain separation, as well as VD who can keep Chancellor occupied and they have to change their defensive strategy, they can't cheat as much any well, their safeties have to stay back, you open room for the running back's, as well as spreading their defense out further and making plays possible downfield.

But no, you can't do whatever b******t offense the 49ers were doing last night, lacking any real deep threats, and hope to be successful against that defense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. I'm very amused by those obsessed with "big WR's." To me, quickness and football skill are by far the most important parameters to look at. You can't defend what you can't touch or keep up with. If there's anything this team lacks, its speed on offense. I guarantee you if they added a couple high-speed, deep threats, guys who are homerun threats, Seattle would have a far more difficult time defending against those types then a couple big WR's that aren't as quick and their defensive backs can easily get their hands on and hold all the way down the field.

A defense like that, you really have to spread out. You need at least one true deep threat, not Kyle Williams, but a super speedy guy who can take the top of the defense, that will force Thomas to stay back, not allow him to cheat and move in to help their #2 CB, whether Browner or Thurmond with coverage on the other wide receiver. Meanwhile Sherman has shown he can handle pretty much any wide receiver and shut down his side of the field. If you can keep Thomas back, it really affects their gameplan and how they like to bunch up their defensive backs in the middle of the field.

You line up 3 WR's, 1 deep guy to keep Thomas occupied, one guy who Sherman will focus on, and then another WR who hopefully can gain separation, as well as VD who can keep Chancellor occupied and they have to change their defensive strategy, they can't cheat as much any well, their safeties have to stay back, you open room for the running back's, as well as spreading their defense out further and making plays possible downfield.

But no, you can't do whatever b******t offense the 49ers were doing last night, lacking any real deep threats, and hope to be successful against that defense.
Yeah the Kyle Williams' and Marlon Moores of the world won't cut it. This team needs a true slot receiver, maybe that's Patton maybe not but the obsession of big receivers is ridiculous. It's as if nobody watched last night's game.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Looked like he was running on FF on a dvd, dude is lightning
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=332782309&vid=9774940

scroll through the playlist on the right to find his KRTD and 66-yard receiving TD
It baffles me that this dude is currently projected as a 7th round pick/ undrafted free agent by CBSSports.com. I don't care where he played his college football. The dude is lightning fast and put up very good numbers. Don't get why he's ranked so low.. I really hope the niners get this dude.

i remember when we were all hyped up about lamichael james being super explosive too. this guy will just rot on the bench if he comes here. niners need to change their philosophy and start giving younger guys a shot on offense
If the guy is playing RB how can he be fragile? he seems to me to be like a Dave Megget from the NY Giants I would select him in the 4thround!.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
It baffles me that this dude is currently projected as a 7th round pick/ undrafted free agent by CBSSports.com. I don't care where he played his college football. The dude is lightning fast and put up very good numbers. Don't get why he's ranked so low.. I really hope the niners get this dude.

He'll be gone well before the 7th round, CBS tends to go full retard at times with their early projections, wait to see where he's listed after the Combine.
With Roman we don't even use James so seems like Tavon Austin (last year), D'Anthony Thomas, Dri Archer, etc would be a waste. Although we might use them at PR/KR we wouldn't get the most out of them by getting them the ball in space on offense. I never have a problem with getting more speed on offense but if you don't use it what's the point. Would have to hope he lights it up on PR/KR.
Would be nice to grab him in the 5th-6th round as a returner. Real small backs don't go that high. Kenyon Barner I think was a 6th round pick last year. Hope he lasts. We could use a great returner.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

He'll be gone well before the 7th round, CBS tends to go full retard at times with their early projections, wait to see where he's listed after the Combine.

Yeah that projection for him sure does seem full retard. He obviously played lesser competition, but he seems every bit as explosive if not more explosive than tavon austin.