There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dri Archer-WR/RB/KR/PR/Pure Beast Mode-Kent State

Originally posted by GEEK:
I think a better comparison to Dri Archer is Dexter McCluster, but more fragile.

If we could grab this dude as a utility type player for us I might piss on myself. One of my draft crushes.
Would he be there in the 4th?
Originally posted by mac9er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I think a better comparison to Dri Archer is Dexter McCluster, but more fragile.

If we could grab this dude as a utility type player for us I might piss on myself. One of my draft crushes.
One of mine too!

Last year my crushes heading into the draft were Tank and Lattimore, so I ended up being quite spoiled when all was said and done!
[ Edited by theduke85 on May 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM ]
  • Liono
  • Member
  • Posts: 359
If you really wanted Dri Archer, you can still hope for De'Anthony Thomas. Thomas is actually a superior athlete and a much better return man. He's acceleration is insane. I just doubt we'd take a return specialist when we have LMJ.
Originally posted by Liono:
If you really wanted Dri Archer, you can still hope for De'Anthony Thomas. Thomas is actually a superior athlete and a much better return man. He's acceleration is insane. I just doubt we'd take a return specialist when we have LMJ.
In looking up his stats, I noticed Dri only returned six punts in his career in college. I guess he's more of a kick return guy? That doesn't really have as much value in the league anymore, considering so many kickoffs are touchbacks. That makes me okay with missing out on him.

EDIT: wait, maybe the site I'm looking at is incomplete. Looks like it's missing 2013 stats altogether. Or maybe he just had a lot of fair catches or something.
[ Edited by theduke85 on May 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM ]
Originally posted by Liono:
If you really wanted Dri Archer, you can still hope for De'Anthony Thomas. Thomas is actually a superior athlete and a much better return man. He's acceleration is insane. I just doubt we'd take a return specialist when we have LMJ.

Lol Thomas is not a superior athlete. Archer's combine measurables were much better and he plays faster than Thomas too.
Originally posted by Liono:
If you really wanted Dri Archer, you can still hope for De'Anthony Thomas. Thomas is actually a superior athlete and a much better return man. He's acceleration is insane. I just doubt we'd take a return specialist when we have LMJ.

No way is De'Anthony Thomas a superior athlete, he is just another LMJ.
  • Liono
  • Member
  • Posts: 359
There's a difference between track speed and football speed. Dri is more of a straight line runner, De'Anthony has better moves, acceleration and cuts on a dime, and De'Anthony was playing against Pac 12 competition as opposed to whatever rinky-dink conference Archer is from.
Originally posted by Liono:
There's a difference between track speed and football speed. Dri is more of a straight line runner, De'Anthony has better moves, acceleration and cuts on a dime, and De'Anthony was playing against Pac 12 competition as opposed to whatever rinky-dink conference Archer is from.

Dri Archer is a straight line runner ? You need to watch his highlights again especially his kickoff returns. How can a guy just run straight and get a kickoff return TD ? Of course, the guy has to duck and weave. Dri Archer's side-step and change of direction is just something else not to mention his explosiveness and outright top end speed.