There are 260 users in the forums

Tyler Wilson

What I said before the draft

" -Tyler Wilson - I think he has very sloppy mechanics and is a bit of a project at QB. He is going to take time to clean up his technique and transition from his Arkansas offense to an NFL offense. Physically he isn't an elite prospect by any means. And he actually had a sub par year. I think his receivers have helped him quite a bit over the years look better than he is (3 4th round WRs last year and Hamilton this year). With that kind of supporting cast, his production is pretty underwhelming. Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/168798-sundevil-big-board-2013/page2/#bKzcEFY46yDkKlgV.99"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000226094/article/tyler-wilson-falling-out-of-raiders-starting-qb-mix
-Tyler Wilson struggling in camp

Good for you
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
well arent you just a little red headed Mel Kiper
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Good for you

Lol this
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Good for you

Lol this

why you guys so sore?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
What I said before the draft

" -Tyler Wilson - I think he has very sloppy mechanics and is a bit of a project at QB. He is going to take time to clean up his technique and transition from his Arkansas offense to an NFL offense. Physically he isn't an elite prospect by any means. And he actually had a sub par year. I think his receivers have helped him quite a bit over the years look better than he is (3 4th round WRs last year and Hamilton this year). With that kind of supporting cast, his production is pretty underwhelming. Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/168798-sundevil-big-board-2013/page2/#bKzcEFY46yDkKlgV.99"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000226094/article/tyler-wilson-falling-out-of-raiders-starting-qb-mix
-Tyler Wilson struggling in camp

Loyal Hog fan here. I have to admit his play last season without Bobby Petrino was awful. However, I think the WR argument is a bit overblown. Once he went down, the freshmen Hog QB could do little to nothing with the first team O. Next, the major WR he has last year was Cobi Hamilton. Knile Davis had returned from injury at RB and had little to nothing. Our defense was garbage all year long. So, while I will not begrudge you that Tyler has underperformed, I am not sure he is a total waste. What he needs is a solid QB coach to reignite the fire. A pity he is with the Raiders.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Loyal Hog fan here. I have to admit his play last season without Bobby Petrino was awful. However, I think the WR argument is a bit overblown. Once he went down, the freshmen Hog QB could do little to nothing with the first team O. Next, the major WR he has last year was Cobi Hamilton. Knile Davis had returned from injury at RB and had little to nothing. Our defense was garbage all year long. So, while I will not begrudge you that Tyler has underperformed, I am not sure he is a total waste. What he needs is a solid QB coach to reignite the fire. A pity he is with the Raiders.

I don't think he was a complete waste.

I posted my opinion on January 2 and put him outside the top 100 prospects, and I was responding to a poster's question that I ranked Wilson too low, but I felt pretty confident he would not be a top 100 pick.

The problem with Wilson is that he doesn't have any elite attributes, just a lot of good ones. But he had terrible mechanics and you could tell he wasn't ready for the NFL game mentally, hence why I said he was project.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by fropwns:

I don't think he was a complete waste.

I posted my opinion on January 2 and put him outside the top 100 prospects, and I was responding to a poster's question that I ranked Wilson too low, but I felt pretty confident he would not be a top 100 pick.

The problem with Wilson is that he doesn't have any elite attributes, just a lot of good ones. But he had terrible mechanics and you could tell he wasn't ready for the NFL game mentally, hence why I said he was project.

So let's say he fails with the Faders. Do you take a flyer on him in FA? Because what he really needs is an excellent teacher.
Share 49ersWebzone