LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Lol @ first half
NCAA is run by bigots....and undercover racists...point blank. all these past athletes whom got the book thrown at them need to sue NCAA in any capacity since they were held to one set of standards and this drunk dipsh!t signs autographs, receives thousands of dollars and will only get a half a game suspension. this is an outrage. i'm gonna come out and say it....this feels like slavery with n!ggers are sold on auction blocks without any compensation. fcuk it. call me whatever the fcuk y'all want but this is exactly that.

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Aug 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM ]
Was Coach Sumlin even going to play him a half against Rice?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
NCAA is run by bigots....and undercover racists...point blank. all these past athletes whom got the book thrown at them need to sue NCAA in any capacity since they were held to one set of standards and this drunk dipsh!t signs autographs, receives thousands of dollars and will only get a half a game suspension. this is an outrage. i'm gonna come out and say it....this feels like slavery with n!ggers are sold on auction blocks without any compensation. fcuk it. call me whatever the fcuk y'all want but this is exactly that.

Tell us how you really feel.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Tell us how you really feel.

T. Pryor, C. Newton, D. Bryant all want to know why you ask when it's already stated.
T. Pryor, C. Newton, D. Bryant all want to know why you ask when it's already stated.

They had no proof so he got off. The same way the NCAA let Scam Newton off. You need proof to uphold the suspensions in a court of law. You can't just suspend someone because he's white and it's his colors turn.

They had no proof so he got off. The same way the NCAA let Scam Newton off. You need proof to uphold the suspensions in a court of law. You can't just suspend someone because he's white and it's his colors turn.

This may be a no win situation for the NCAA and Texas AM.

I agree with Negrodamus that he is receiving special treatment due to his stature and popularity--part of which would be very different if he were black. When and if they uncover more proof...and you know many will be looking...they will be forced to take more action and the team and school may really suffer. But they deserve it if they allowed the guy to be out of control.

If they find no further proof then they lose because they punished a guy for nothing. The idea that Manziel showed up to all these signings just for fun is too much for me to buy.

There are many stories about Johnny's upbringing that lead me to believe he will self destruct if he doesn't get help. I hope the NCAA and Texas A&M help the guy through tough love. So far the only folks who have treated him as an adult was the Manning Camp...kicked him out for violating rules...imagine!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
This may be a no win situation for the NCAA and Texas AM.

I agree with Negrodamus that he is receiving special treatment due to his stature and popularity--part of which would be very different if he were black. When and if they uncover more proof...and you know many will be looking...they will be forced to take more action and the team and school may really suffer. But they deserve it if they allowed the guy to be out of control.

If they find no further proof then they lose because they punished a guy for nothing. The idea that Manziel showed up to all these signings just for fun is too much for me to buy.

There are many stories about Johnny's upbringing that lead me to believe he will self destruct if he doesn't get help. I hope the NCAA and Texas A&M help the guy through tough love. So far the only folks who have treated him as an adult was the Manning Camp...kicked him out for violating rules...imagine!

It's not what you believe but what you can prove. If the NCAA had the evidence to suspend Manziel they would. The only preferential treatment Manziel received from the NCAA is the benefit of the doubt. Now if you want to believe that this is all a big conspiracy and the NCAA is epicenter of racism in America than that's your opinion but please try to look at this objectively. Don't get sucked into the Manziel rhetoric. If Manziel was black I would hope the system worked the same exact way for him. It worked that way for Cam Newton right?
It's not what you believe but what you can prove. If the NCAA had the evidence to suspend Manziel they would. The only preferential treatment Manziel received from the NCAA is the benefit of the doubt. Now if you want to believe that this is all a big conspiracy and the NCAA is epicenter of racism in America than that's your opinion but please try to look at this objectively. Don't get sucked into the Manziel rhetoric. If Manziel was black I would hope the system worked the same exact way for him. It worked that way for Cam Newton right?

Not a conspiracy...and really not blaming the NCAA, as they are between a rock and a hard place. As long as Manziel denies any wrong doing they have to prove he did in fact violate rules. They have proven that he broke minor rules by attending and signing at the events he tweeted about. I believe he would be treated very differently if he were black. That's an opinion so I'll grant you that until the investigation concludes...some day around 2024...we will not know the whole story.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]

Im really on the fence about this guy being an nfl qb. I think he has the talent but i dont know if he has the leadership and work ethic. you can't live off the cuff in the nfl. you have to dedicate your life to playing qb. I think the worst thing that could happen to him is being drafted high. the ncaa did him no favors by not giving him a real punishment. he is in desprate need of a reality check. even though the rule he broke seems f**ked up he should have to follow it like everyone else until its changed.

truth
will be a Jag next season
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
will be a Jag next season

raider
Suspended for the first half. What a joke of a punishment.
Share 49ersWebzone