LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Then get out while there's still some decency in him.

As a moderator do you think this discussion/thread is a productive draft analysis of of Manziel?

It just shows the immaturity of players and what its like to see a players stock drop.

Why take a shot at me personally now??
The article is actually really interesting. Its not a right or wrong thing. There are layers, nuances to who Manziel is and who he will become. And like most things the answer probably lies somewhere in the middle, between the "he's just twenty and a normal college kid" to the "he's spiraling out of control".

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9521439/heisman-winner-johnny-manziel-celebrity-derail-texas-aggies-season-espn-magazine
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM ]
14:59. Enjoy it while it lasts.
It just shows the immaturity of players and what its like to see a players stock drop.

That's not a shot at you.

Your telling me to look at the writing on the wall and I'm saying there's a lot of s**t on it and it smells bad.

Ultimately were both right and wrong I feel. I'm willing to admit that I'm turning a blind eye to his behavior but only because I would rather see a person succeed than fail. People are waiting for him to fail and I find that disturbing.

If he progresses well this season and doesn't get arrested do you think he's a 1st round prospect?
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 3, 2013 at 3:45 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
14:59. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Pretty witty, what you did there.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eonblue:

That's not a shot at you.

Your telling me to look at the writing on the wall and I'm saying there's a lot of s**t on it and it smells bad.

Ultimately were both right and wrong I feel. I'm willing to admit that I'm turning a blind eye to his behavior but only because I would rather see a person succeed than fail. People are waiting for him to fail and I find that disturbing.

If he progresses well this season and doesn't get arrested do you think he's a 1st round prospect?

Well count me out for one of the people that wanted him to fail, I'm just disappointed because I see a kid with so much talent just throwing it away. But if he can't handle the spotlight and is feeling too much stress, then I think its best for him to sit out of football for a while and be with his family take some time off and relax and find himself.

I think with all his off-field history and back ground checks, that alone should drop him outta the 1st round, a major red flag would be his alcohol problem. As for his play and athleticism, I think he would best compare to Colt McCoy, scrambling QB with an average arm. Height also may be an issues, too bad he didn't have a Russell Wilson type arm that may cancel the height issue out. If I was an NFL GM, I probably wouldn't take a chance on him till maybe the 5th or 6th round.

BUT...if he had no off-field baggage , I'd would definitely draft him in the 3rd round no doubt. I just don't think he has 1st or 2nd round arm strength.
For me him getting thrown out of the Manning camp tells me all I need to know. He was invited to help kids. He doesn't have the self control or respect to behave for that short of time.

What a role model. Only being 20 going out drinking and showing up to a football camp for kids all hungover. I personally wish him the best but I really hope it doesn't involve the NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Man you guys were never in college? I don't think there is anything that bad about what he has done. It's almost like some people are comparing him to Hernandez. He's 20, has a fake ID, likes to go out and have a good time on the weekends. Sounds like a normal college guy to me.

You don't see anything bad WTF!!!

His dad admitted that when hes feeling stress he turns to alcohol, has a temper problem, all this cause he can't handle being in the spotlight. If his dream was to play in the NFL and he thinks he has stress now, then he shouldn't even think about stepping into the NFL.

Ryan Leaf 2.0.....well I don't know if I should insult Ryan Leaf like that, at least he could make it through college without crying like a boozed up little girl.

Seriously buyer beware!!
To me this sounds like Johnny' dad is a control freak and was complaining about his partying. Johnny manziel is a college kid at a major party school, that's what college students do they get hammered, party, and generally do some dumb things. His dad was probably on his case, he flipped on him (because he isn't really doin anything unusual for someone in the same situation) and now Johnny manziel has "anger issues." Just imagine how many girls are on his jock at a party(he just won the heisman). Why wouldn't he party?
Severely overrated talent to begin with. He can party all he wants because he's not an NFL qb.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell
BREAKING: The NCAA is investigating whether Johnny Manziel was paid for signing autographs
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

LOL
Originally posted by Jcool:
BREAKING: The NCAA is investigating whether Johnny Manziel was paid for signing autographs
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9537999/otl-ncaa-investigating-johnny-manziel-profiting-autographs

so dumb.

ncaa needs to change their rules, they make millions off of their players and dont let these guys get any compensation at all, not even sell his own autograph? so stupid

In a room with a 5 figure asking price. Lol, this kid is a retard.
  • Jiks
So the NCAA owns the dudes signature? I don't get what him signing his own name for money has anything to do with the NCAA. Guess they own the dude.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

so dumb.

ncaa needs to change their rules, they make millions off of their players and dont let these guys get any compensation at all, not even sell his own autograph? so stupid

Free board, tuition, books, catered meals, sports equipment and attire, plus all the perks that come with playing in bowl games. Look, are the athletes getting hosed, yup! But don't say they aren't getting anything. You ever seen what some of the athletes drive, which is conveniently ignored? Never mind the "handshakes" where money is passed. Please. I don't feel bad at all for them.

Now, as an Arkansas Razorback, I am happy that Johnny Football is progressing along on this path. Really, though. This kid is incredibly good in college and is just making poor mistakes.
Share 49ersWebzone