Not a member? Register Now!

***Johnny Manziel thread***

• jimrat
  • Veteran
I think he will be good but holy s**t, it's non stop Manzeil on NFL Network
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Another Reality Show in the making
He will be a turnover machine for however many games his scrawny little body will allow him to play. Feel sorry for the team that tries to build around him.

He would be awesome in flag football tho.
Hype hype hype.
I have no hate for him. I'm just tired of seeing him everywhere. I'm pretty sure even his egotistical ass is tired of it.
So I know you aren't suppose to just give the starting job to new talented rookies but dam browns are giving Manziel a huge dose of tough love. The comments they make seem like they are against him. The owner and gm keep making these statements telling him to act like a backup, this isn't Hollywood, and now that Manziel is nowhere near hoyer. I see where they are coming from but I don't agree with their choice of words and talking to the media about this. These are things they should be telling him in person instead telling everyone in the world
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
So I know you aren't suppose to just give the starting job to new talented rookies but dam browns are giving Manziel a huge dose of tough love. The comments they make seem like they are against him. The owner and gm keep making these statements telling him to act like a backup, this isn't Hollywood, and now that Manziel is nowhere near hoyer. I see where they are coming from but I don't agree with their choice of words and talking to the media about this. These are things they should be telling him in person instead telling everyone in the world

Haslam is probably the worst owner in any professional sport, ever.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

agreed

the Browns will be forced to install two different style of attacks ....Hoyer is more of a WCO QB , ,his strengths being good timing and accuracy, and developing a chemistry with his receivers ....Manziel will need more shotgun formations and different blocking schemes to try and get the most out of him, plus he wont develop the patience and skills to read an NFL defense like Hoyer can at this point , and will force the issue by trying to make plays with his feet .....if Manziel cant find any rhythm in the short passing game, he will have to ride the pine until he can mesh with the Browns system , because you can only alter the offense so much for one player , Manziel has his work cut out for him
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol I see what you did there.
In terms of an owner ruining a franchise because of a power struggle, Haslam takes the cake.
In terms of being an idiot, Sterling wins that trophy.
Now it's Johnny Football. Before this it was Tebow Mania. Thank god that is over with. Before that all we heard about was Brett Favre. For 3 years is was Brett Favre this and Brett Favre that. The media has a tendancy to latch on to 1 story and overblow it 100 times over. This too will pass and they will find a new story to try and make us vomit with.