There are 217 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by eonblue:
No, giving a kid a million dollars when all he wants to do is party is why I wouldn't take him early.

Hes not an alcoholic. He had a quite season minus the autograph scandal at the beginning. Statistically his 2013 season beat 2012 season so he's not in a downward spiral or it would've manifeated itself on the field. All I noticed was him carrying his team to 8-4 when by all rights that defense was 0-12. Anyways beating a dead horse. I like Bridgewater and Bortles easily over Manziel but some team is going to continue the trend and pick him high because he's mobile.

I guess you continue to disregard that long article with his dad admitting that his son is indeed an acholic. And Manziel carrying his team or was it Evans and Walker bailing him out?? But yes a dead horse......shoot I can name 5 QB's I'd take over Manziel without him being a head case.
Really? Who would those be?

Manziel can make every throw in the book and obviously has the feet to escape the rush. I dont think there are any sure things among this QB group but I dont see 5 that have bigger upsides.

1. Aaron Murray (if he was healthy)

2. David Carr

3. David Fales

4. Jimmy Garoppolo

5. Connor Shaw

6. Zach Mettenberger

7. James Franklin

What makes Manziel have more upside than any of those 7 I listed??

I didn't know David carr was re-entering the draft
I wouldn't take him in the lottery, but I might go with him maybe pick 10 and up. I feel Johnny has the most important attribute to have in the NFL and that is his ability to make good,quick ass decisions when there's pressure. That's what he has in common with all the best qb's, he sees the entire game, processes the information, turning it into plays. Plenty of qb's can pass for 300 if they get all the time in the world, but I like that guy who steps up into the pocket and makes the throws when the play looks broken or theyre about sacked. You can't teach good instincts. I do understand the apprehension about his skills though as he will need to make these clutch plays with his arm in the pocket instead of running in the NFL., but I think he can do it. He ain't going to be no Rodgers or Brady, but I don't see why he can't be as good as Alex,Kaep, or Russell at this point in their careers anyways. I mean jeez, even Matt Mcloin threw for 300 yds.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Greg Cosell ‏@gregcosell

If you missed it earlier here's my column on Manziel. There's much to think about, both pro and con. http://yhoo.it/1qwxB0T
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
FOX Sports Radio ‏@FoxSportsRadio

BREAKING NEWS: "The Cleveland Browns will not draft Johnny Manziel" - @JayGlazer on air with @JTTheBrick
Originally posted by Jcool:

BREAKING NEWS: "The Cleveland Browns will not draft Johnny Manziel" - @JayGlazer on air with @JTTheBrick

I always said he looks good as a Viking
Please lord let someone fall in love with this bust and push quality players down.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Interesting. Shares an agent Blake Bortles RT @NFL_CFB: Big Ben doubts Johnny Manziel's ability to stay healthy. http://on.nfl.com/1kJiqfu&nbsp
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell

Johnny Manziel also filed to trademark this logo

• Jcool
  • Veteran
darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell

Johnny Manziel filed to trademark this logo in January

I think. He will be bust for sure but no questions.. wait and see..

Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by Jcool:

I always said he looks good as a Viking

Jacksonville is going to take him.
U guys r crazy thinking he will bust for sure... He is not a scared little Gabbert... His floor is Tony Romo...
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
U guys r crazy thinking he will bust for sure... He is not a scared little Gabbert... His floor is Tony Romo...

Smoosh his face a little and he looks just like Jeff Garcia. He is a carbon copy of him, accept with uncanny running ability.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Smoosh his face a little and he looks just like Jeff Garcia. He is a carbon copy of him, accept with uncanny running ability.

And even better improv and maybe a better ability to see the field, well in Harb's eyes... I have very fond memories of Jeff Garcia.... And his wife
I'm going to side with Gil Brandt...he will be a star.
Share 49ersWebzone