LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Man you guys were never in college? I don't think there is anything that bad about what he has done. It's almost like some people are comparing him to Hernandez. He's 20, has a fake ID, likes to go out and have a good time on the weekends. Sounds like a normal college guy to me.

Are you serious? Where have you been most the year? There is nothing normal about this situation. This guy free falling hard and losing the only real thing he has going for him.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You don't see anything bad WTF!!!

His dad admitted that when hes feeling stress he turns to alcohol, has a temper problem, all this cause he can't handle being in the spotlight. If his dream was to play in the NFL and he thinks he has stress now, then he shouldn't even think about stepping into the NFL.

Ryan Leaf 2.0.....well I don't know if I should insult Ryan Leaf like that, at least he could make it through college without crying like a boozed up little girl.

Seriously buyer beware!!

Nothing to see here. The media has done a great job making a Greek Tragedy out of nothing. If I was in Manziels shoes I would say f**k my image too.

It's funny ESPN gives that article his dad was in the front page treatment yet his teammate dies and they only seem to care equally. Funny how that works. Self-destruction seems to be more important than a person tragically losing their life.

Manziel gets kicked out of party...... 2 thread and 80 posts.

His teammate dies in a car accident....0 threads

1/2 of Ohio st. gets arrested....0 threads couple replies in a secondary thread.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM ]
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Are you serious? Where have you been most the year? There is nothing normal about this situation. This guy free falling hard and losing the only real thing he has going for him.

He's oil rich. I'd say he doesn't really need football.

This is his interview from a couple of weeks ago at the SEC media day.

Does this look like a downward spiral?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eonblue:
You don't see anything bad WTF!!!

His dad admitted that when hes feeling stress he turns to alcohol, has a temper problem, all this cause he can't handle being in the spotlight. If his dream was to play in the NFL and he thinks he has stress now, then he shouldn't even think about stepping into the NFL.

Ryan Leaf 2.0.....well I don't know if I should insult Ryan Leaf like that, at least he could make it through college without crying like a boozed up little girl.

Seriously buyer beware!!

Nothing to see here. The media has done a great job making a Greek Tragedy out of nothing. If I was in Manziels shoes I would say f**k my image too.

It's funny ESPN gives that article his dad was in the front page treatment yet his teammate dies and they only seem to care equally. Funny how that works. Self-destruction seems to be more important than a person tragically losing their life.

Manziel gets kicked out of party...... 2 thread and 80 posts.

His teammate dies in a car accident....0 threads

1/2 of Ohio st. gets arrested....0 threads couple replies in a secondary thread.

You can say f**k your image cause your not a Heisman, Manziel is. A lot of people look up to Heisman winners, college QB's and star players, saying f**k your image does nothing but bring you down, especially if hes trying to get into the NFL. You forget how many interviews and back ground checks players going into the NFL get. Teams wanna get to know the person and not just the player before they decide to give him millions of dollars, see Todd Marinovich, Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell and so on.

And Manziel getting all this attention right now is nothing compared to what Manti Te'o got for making up a fake girl friend, now tell me which one outta the two is worse??

I hate to see kids with all this talent just throw it away simply by saying "I don't give a F**K", playing in the NFL is not a right its a priviledge that's what these young kids forget.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

This is his interview from a couple of weeks ago at the SEC media day.

Does this look like a downward spiral?

No but the video of him getting kicked out of a frat party and his dad spilling the beans does.
You can say f**k your image cause your not a Heisman, Manziel is. A lot of people look up to Heisman winners, college QB's and star players, saying f**k your image does nothing but bring you down, especially if hes trying to get into the NFL. You forget how many interviews and back ground checks players going into the NFL get. Teams wanna get to know the person and not just the player before they decide to give him millions of dollars, see Todd Marinovich, Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell and so on.

And Manziel getting all this attention right now is nothing compared to what Manti Te'o got for making up a fake girl friend, now tell me which one outta the two is worse??

I hate to see kids with all this talent just throw it away simply by saying "I don't give a F**K", playing in the NFL is not a right its a priviledge that's what these young kids forget.

I don't think he's even saying f**k his image. I think he's pissed that he can't walk around a corner without a lens in his face and the media has helped turn things that are not a big deal into a ESPN front page news. He's bitter because the media has helped build unrealistic expectations of who he is supposed to be. It's like "Hey kid we've put the label on you and when you don't live up to it were going to be right their to tear you apart. Were going to be right there to blow it out of proportion because were trying to get the most hits as possible. I mean come on that frat party video is such b******t. You can't even see his face. He doesn't appear drunk. He's in no way shape or form making a fool of himself. Hes calmly leaving a situation that was probably pretty volatile. Some roided out frat full of dbags probably wanted to show how big their dicks were by talking s**t to the A&M QB. I mean did he hit someone? NO.Did he start a fight? NO. Can you honestly give me one shred of evidence that is conduct unbecoming of a Heisman winner. Outside of being a party which is not a crime. I mean I hear in college that socializing and networking with your peers is actually pretty common. He got a f**king cup threw at him and he doesn't even turn around. Sorry your making something out of nothing. The thing is Manziel needs to change his name to Johnny Cool because I think he's handle all this ridiculous media infatuation pretty well. He knows he's made some mistakes and he has owned up to them but he also isn't going to let the media turn nothing into the END OF THE WORLD. He isn't going to admit guilt and run to the corner with his tail in between his legs because the media is a bunch of image peddling mof**kers that don't like him posting pictures of himself in a scooby doo outfit.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Man you guys were never in college? I don't think there is anything that bad about what he has done. It's almost like some people are comparing him to Hernandez. He's 20, has a fake ID, likes to go out and have a good time on the weekends. Sounds like a normal college guy to me.

the point is he's a heisman winner and teams will be looking to draft him. if he's always making the news for partying and stupid s**t, teams will not want to take him.
I'm just waiting for when he legally changes his name to "Johnny Football"
Kids gonna be kids. Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I don't think he's even saying f**k his image. I think he's pissed that he can't walk around a corner without a lens in his face and the media has helped turn things that are not a big deal into a ESPN front page news. He's bitter because the media has helped build unrealistic expectations of who he is supposed to be. It's like "Hey kid we've put the label on you and when you don't live up to it were going to be right their to tear you apart. Were going to be right there to blow it out of proportion because were trying to get the most hits as possible. I mean come on that frat party video is such b******t. You can't even see his face. He doesn't appear drunk. He's in no way shape or form making a fool of himself. Hes calmly leaving a situation that was probably pretty volatile. Some roided out frat full of dbags probably wanted to show how big their dicks were by talking s**t to the A&M QB. I mean did he hit someone? NO.Did he start a fight? NO. Can you honestly give me one shred of evidence that is conduct unbecoming of a Heisman winner. Outside of being a party which is not a crime. I mean I hear in college that socializing and networking with your peers is actually pretty common. He got a f**king cup threw at him and he doesn't even turn around. Sorry your making something out of nothing. The thing is Manziel needs to change his name to Johnny Cool because I think he's handle all this ridiculous media infatuation pretty well. He knows he's made some mistakes and he has owned up to them but he also isn't going to let the media turn nothing into the END OF THE WORLD. He isn't going to admit guilt and run to the corner with his tail in between his legs because the media is a bunch of image peddling mof**kers that don't like him posting pictures of himself in a scooby doo outfit.

Dude you need to take your homers glasses off and actually read the facts:

Dismissed from Manning Passing camp.

Kicked outta a frat party --- its all over the internets hes not denying it.

Turns to drinking to deal with stress.

Police found fake ID's in his wallet

Arrested for fighting

Anger issues that concern the family

.....and the list goes on, you can google about him you want there's no secrets, but your right some of these aren't that big of incidents but it seems he doesn't know how to make the right decisions and is still immature, well at least his father thinks so.

one more thing its not even the media, you can thank his father for spilling the beans.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM ]
^
Lol he's 20 years old!
[ Edited by pelos21 on Aug 1, 2013 at 11:47 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pelos21:
^
Lol he's 20 years old!

And your point is??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:

He's oil rich. I'd say he doesn't really need football.

Then get out while there's still some decency in him.
Then get out while there's still some decency in him.

As a moderator do you think this discussion/thread is a productive draft analysis of of Manziel?
Share 49ersWebzone